• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Sin'caran Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Story:

Right now I am developing a campaign that while be based along the lines of the following story: *Note: This is only the first part*

Basic Background:
There are many Dimensions the exist in harmony in are universe some are completelly diffrent, some or the same. (The Titans weren't that creative). There are 2 special dimensions though. The dimension of Azeroth, and the dimension of Deranoth. For now we focus on Deranoth.

Present Storyline:
On derenoth many kingdoms have been made and destroyed, alliances built and corrupted, wars won.....and lost. Today, 5 kingdoms exist. Daratha, great home and kingdom of the Wizards. Hedora, the northern kingdom of the men and dwarves of western Deranoth. Mor'Tak, Eastern Kingdom of the mighty orcs, obliterators of kingdoms. Ser'ko, the peacefull southern kingdom of the tauren. And the middle of all this, in the the Great Denadat mountians, lies a small human kingdom called Sin'cara.

Sin'cara was the buffer. The in-between. So many wars had been fought on thier small patch of land that a part of it became barren. Now, after an Ser'Kian assualt on their lands, the Sin are tired of it! You must journey through great mountians, wide flat plains, and flaming hot deserts to unite Derenoth under one banner! All odds are against, but persevere and you shall be victorious.

Thats basically the rough sketch of the beginning story lines. What do ya'll think?:cool:

On the map all I have managed is to set up the main terrain and establish a few, little, cool teleportion systems, embassies, and bases, but I want input advice, and generally.....HELP! Open up in world editor becuase its not done Storyline, and Ai Fighting wise.

Critize me, poke at me, kill me, just tell me what you think.

Attachments

• City Assualt.w3x
    374.8 KB · Views: 74
Level 8
I'm not going to critize you but I'm going to criticize the naming of your map. Write assault properly.

Put up some screenshots of your campaign first.

Level 4
I am completly reworking.....well pretty much everthing so this project and its story line and map are now Dropped!!!

Level 7
Your map looks like it has been worked on quite hard. Good job.

One of my points of criticism on your map is the terrain; there is very little" "form" and "shape" in your terrain, especially at the outer human bases, like yellow's. Use the "Noise" terrain tool in the Terrain Palette to give the earth some shape. Also, try adding small patches of different terrain types amongst the dirt; it gives a feeling of variety other than the same terrain over and over again. (E.g: Patches of Dark grass in the growing here and there amongst the dirt.)

Also, never forget environment props: Birds, rocks, plants e.t.c. Even a few stags and sheep would do. It gives the environment a realistic feeling.

Other than that, it looks quite good. Keep going. It may just be the masterpiece you're looking for in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.