• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The World of Peres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The_World_of_Peres_Dark_Magic.png

I started working on something big, it's a campaign that will take place in completly new world that has nothing to do with the world of Azeroth. It's name is Peres and it was existing only in my mind for ten years now. I imagined this world as a kid and now I'm 18 years old and I'm ready to recreate it in Warcraft. I don't have much content done for the campaign, so I don't have much to show you yet. But I can show you map of this world, some basic lore and first map.

Basic Lore

At the beggining, the world of Peres was nothing more than a plain full of rocks, dead ground and lava. That was until one of the three divines, called Good, found this world and wanted to recreate it. He wanted to create a peaceful world, where word "violence" means nothing. First, he created beautiful nature, full of greenery and then he created some peaceful animals, like deer or rabbits. He was satisfied with his creation, so he just hapilly looked over this world. But it didn't take long until second divine, Evil, learned about Goods' doings and wanted to bring something evil to the world of Peres. Good tried to banish Evil first, but then Evil made him an offer: "We shall take care of this world together, I will create another animals, that will eat your animals. It should satisfy Death and it will bring some balance into this world." Good agreed to Evils' offer and so they looked after the world together. They thought that there's nothing to happen anymore, but they were wrong. Death came to the world of Peres and wanted more dying, wasn't satisfied with Goods' and Evils' doing. Death than created the most dangerous creatures that were ever created - humans. Divines than left forever, letting the world live on its own. Humans started to creating weapons and tools, cutting down trees and killing animals, so Deaths' plan worked pretty well.
When humans started to get more clever, they formed into many tribes and wars started to rage between them. The fights took for hundreds of years, until almost all of the tribes were destroyed. Only few remained, and those formed into three big tribes and made peace agreement. After some time, those three big tribes evolved into three kingdoms. Those kingdoms are called the Western Kingdom, Michonia and Dwarf Kingdom. Do not be fooled by the name, there are no dwarfs in this world, they exist only in tales. Kingdom was called like this because it was always ruled only by one family, and this family is famous because of their low height.
The campaign will take place in the year 6215 a.c. (after creation), you will be playing for the Western Kingdom only, but eventually, if the campaign will be succesful, I will maybe make another two just to let you play for other two kingdoms aswell. Anyway, the kingdoms are separated by "The land of nobody", that is largly habitated by the remains of primitive tribes, which sometimes try to attack one of the kingdoms.
Now, let me tell you more about every kingdom. The Western Kingdom is not the biggest, but its people are the happiest. King Baldaraz is great ruler, they call him "the generous king". His kingdom is prosperous and never had problems with poverty. The kingdom of Michonia is ruled by cruel and selfish king Lardazar. His kingdom is the largest and has the biggest population, but some of them suffers from poverty, which forces many of them to steal from the rich people or even the king himself. But if they get caught, their whole family sure has to regret it. Every crime is punished with death in this kingdom. Dwarf kingdom is ruled by king Asteros, he's more of a friend to his people, than a king. He loves fighting, so almost every day he fights in arena to entertain his people. Sometimes he even goes to the tavern with random citizens he meets in the streets. People simply love him.

Maps
Peres_land_names.png
mapis_main_landis_politikis.png

Peres_Western_kingdom.png

DEMO CAMPAIGN IN THE ATTACHMENTS! Note: It probably isn't like i it will look like in the end, I will improve it over time. And, of course, there will be game cache in the final campaign.

PROGRESS
Chapter one - 100% complete
Chapter two - 100% complete
First Interlude - 100% complete
Chapter three - 100% complete
Chapter four - 40% complete
Chapter five - 0% complete
Second Interlude - 0% complete
Chapter six - 0% complete
Chapter seven - 0% complete
Chapter eight - 0% complete
Third Interlude - 0% complete
Chapter nine - 0% complete
Epilogue - 0% complete
Credits - 0% complete

Other things to do
Game cache - NOT DONE
Maps/loading screens - DONE
Hero voicing - DONE
Western Kingdom TechTree - DONE
Campaign logo - DONE
Storyline - DONE
Easter eggs - NOT DONE

Attachments

• Peres_DEMO.w3n
    13.2 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Level 12
Sounds interesting. Good luck ! Also the divinities are called Goods ? You mean Gods ?

Level 5
Stoping work on this project for a while, I need to focus on other things - writing my book (yes, I'm a Czech writer), learning to school, going to driving school, doing my welding certificate and above all of that I need to spend some time with my girlfriend. Oh, and of course that big DLC for Witcher 3 is coming out soon! :grin:

So here are at least some screenshots of that little something I've done until now.

Attachments

• WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_172618_03.png
    WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_172618_03.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 221
  • WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_172957_11.png
    WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_172957_11.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_173235_03.png
    WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_173235_03.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
  • WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_173812_03.png
    WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_173812_03.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 169
  • WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_174254_08.png
    WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_174254_08.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
  • WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_173632_01.png
    WC3_Scrn_Shot_090915_173632_01.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Level 5
Why is the western kingdom on the map placed in the east?
Because I wanted this world to be a little different in something from our real world, and I chose to switch the cardinal directions.
(No, acutally, I thought out this world when I was little and I wasn't aware of which cardinal direction west and which is east. When I decided to create this campaign, I didn't want to change anything from my child vision of this world. This campaign is something like making the world, that was only living in my mind for many years, to be alive.)
WOW, THIS GOT REALLY DEEP.

Level 5
New information

So, if someone is interested in some little more information about this world of mine while I'm not working on the campaign, I present to you timeline of the most important events in this world until the year in which the campaign takes place.
Hint: b.c. - before creation (of the humans), a.c. - after creation

YEAR 1 250 000 b.c. - The solar system of Peres was born
YEAR 1 b.c. - Divine Good discovered the planet and started to shape it
YEAR 0 a.c. - Creation of the world is completed
YEAR 100 a.c. - Humans discovered fire
YEAR 950 a.c. - Humans are more inteligent and live in tribes
YEAR 1400 a.c. - Tribes started fighting for teritories
YEAR 1480 a.c. - The Maisto tribe showed to be the strongest, as it destroyed 70% of all other tribes already, the rest made peace and fought against Maisto tribe together
YEAR 1500 a.c. - After 20 years of raging war, the Maisto tribe was forced to give up, since the coalition of other tribes was stronger
YEAR 2000 a.c. - Most of the other tribes formed into one big tribe called Punken, those tribes which didn't want to join started to live in separation from big tribes
YEAR 2650 a.c. - Two of the most important leaders, Gailo and Hafar, of the Punken tribe started to fight, which lead to separation of Punken into two different tribes, Michon and Gloron
YEAR 4000 a.c. - Three big tribes evolved into three kingdoms - Maisto into Dwarf kingdom, Michon into Kingdom of Michonia and Gloron into Western kingdom
YEAR 4200 a.c. - King of the Kingdom of Michonia, Azarar, declared war to the both other kingdoms because he wanted to rule the whole world
YEAR 4300 a.c. - The war that seemed endless finally ended by defeat of the Michonia
YEAR 4310 a.c. - Kingdoms agreed on new partition of territory, so all kingdoms were separated by the Land of nobody, where remains of primitive tribes were forced to move in
YEAR 5122 a.c. - Brave sailor from the Dwarf kingdom, named Gregorius, went with his ship for trip around the world in order to discover all continents and create proper map of the whole world
YEAR 5130 a.c. - Sailor Gregorius returned with only half of his crew alive, but with completed world map
YEAR 5768 a.c. - Two of primitive tribes attacked Dwarf kingdom, but the tribes only managed to conquer one castle, which Dwarf kingdom got back only few days later
YEAR 5770 a.c. - Plague started in The Kingdom of Michonia
YEAR 5772 a.c. - The plague ended, killed almost 40% of kingdom's population
YEAR 6180 a.c. - Malak, future general of the army of the Western kingdom and hero of the campaign, was born in city called Aris
YEAR 6215 a.c. - The campaign starts

I played, not terribly bad, cinematic is ok, even though no particular action, however terrain could be better, I don't really like labyrinth like terrain with narrow passages and using trees (or cliffs) to 'guide' you. Did you make voice of the hero yourself? Maybe it requires little more power, the tone is going down in the end which sounds like he's realizing some mistake and want to shut up. Quests are rather simplistic, you could even kill the quest giver (although ofc not advised). I'd want some chapter where you do some building to know more about the faction. Or some introductionary cinematic, maybe depicting what you wrote here or recent events.

Level 5
I played, not terribly bad, cinematic is ok, even though no particular action, however terrain could be better, I don't really like labyrinth like terrain with narrow passages and using trees (or cliffs) to 'guide' you. Did you make voice of the hero yourself? Maybe it requires little more power, the tone is going down in the end which sounds like he's realizing some mistake and want to shut up. Quests are rather simplistic, you could even kill the quest giver (although ofc not advised). I'd want some chapter where you do some building to know more about the faction. Or some introductionary cinematic, maybe depicting what you wrote here or recent events.
Thank you so much for your opinion. I will try to improve my terraining skills. When I'll improve the terrain in first three chapters, I'll upload them all here, as a "sample" of my campaign. You already played the first chapter, the second chapter is a little bit like some RPG map and in the third chapter you build your base, so you'll see a bit of the Western Kingdom TechTree. And yes, the hero was voiced by me, I will work on my "voice acting" too of course, take the present voice as just a tentative one. And I will think about those introductionary cinematics, it sounds like a good idea, so thank you once more.

Level 5
TechTree

While ya'll waiting for some update on the campaign progress, here is a makeshift TechTree of the Western Kingdom (done on the quick). I will eventually make a better looking one (duh), but for now, just take a look at this.

Attachments

• TechTree.jpg
    TechTree.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 160
Level 5
So, it has been more than a month when I last added something to this thread, so I'm going to revive it just now. I'm no longer that much occupied, so I will start working on the campaign again, expect a "demo" soon. It will be first three chapters, where you will be shown the basic mechanics and part of the plot of the campaign. Stay tuned!

EDIT: The DEMO is here! Download it in the first post!

Last edited:
Level 2
feels good BUT
-in chapter one with its tight terrain we get 2 archers one mounted hero and 7 footmen. More archers would be more idiot-friendly (less micro)
-sometimes an arrow goes haywire and shows on the screen for a split second 20 times as large(but thats just graphics nothing much)
-Are you sure you want the battle roar(E) to give a 10 20 30 40 dmg? on footman (fast attack speed) it looks strait up BRUTAL
-I started chapter 2 (I know there's no game cache yet, I don't even mind) but I have two malaks . one with all skills at 1lvls in the position the cinematic ends. The other at the beginning of the map (where from the first one comes out in the cinematic) who has no skills 3 lvl(better that way you can choose what you want)
-When you pick up the pendant you get them militias instantly . as nice as it is (less running around) it is a bug
Still tho you are doing well maps look nice and i even see doodads and stuff. And it's your dream campaign so I really can't complain. I'm happy you released it for everyone to play

Last edited:
Level 5
feels good BUT
-in chapter one with its tight terrain we get 2 archers one mounted hero and 7 footmen. More archers would be more idiot-friendly (less micro)
-sometimes an arrow goes haywire and shows on the screen for a split second 20 times as large(but thats just graphics nothing much)
-Are you sure you want the battle roar(E) to give a 10 20 30 40 dmg? on footman (fast attack speed) it looks strait up BRUTAL
-I started chapter 2 (I know there's no game cache yet, I don't even mind) but I have two malaks . one with all skills at 1lvls in the position the cinematic ends. The other at the beginning of the map (where from the first one comes out in the cinematic) who has no skills 3 lvl(better that way you can choose what you want)
-When you pick up the pendant you get them militias instantly . as nice as it is (less running around) it is a bug
Still tho you are doing well maps look nice and i even see doodads and stuff. And it's your dream campaign so I really can't complain. I'm happy you released it for everyone to play
Thank you for the positive feedback! And for pointing out those bugs, I sure will fix them.

Level 2
magician in chapter 3 has zero revive time - intended?
terrain (again) chapters 2 and 3 (especially 3) have it amazing. Doodads (and lots of them) look nice, secrets, creep camps, fountains, everything you need is there (in my opinion). But really? 5k mine in base 25 k outside it? When you dont even need all the gold from the first one?
Also is multishot intended to be mana free?
Keep it up. Terrain is looking better and better. you already have 3 custom heroes (plus one in a cinematic) and one of them even has a custom skill, the likes of which I've never seen before. Custom tech-tree with building skins. Flying spear thrower was a shock- but a positive one. I think you made some sort of combat AI (low hp enemies run away archers reposition behind shock troops). It shows how much effort you put in it. But I'm afraid malak may be a bit op (especially with archers and our secong hero) but thats no bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.