• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #26 - Poll

What's the best interpreted idea around? Choose your favorite!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.241100

texturing.png
contest.png

number.png
2.png
6.png
poll.png

1024x768-data-uploads-30-384940-gothic-castle-gothic-images.jpg

Gothic
Contestants are to create a skin representing the gothic clothing, gothic fiction, architecture or related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.

Welcome to the poll for Texturing Contest #26 - Gothic! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on an award icon. Also the chance of getting a unique thematic rank icon done specifically regarding preference.
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

AnemicRoyalty.png

Just_Spectating.png

~Nightmare.png

Ungoliath.png

Wisdom.png

judges.png

• Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.
contest%20judging.png

Shading
Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?/30%

Concept
Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?/40%

Details
Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?/30%
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Wow, close race so far...

I'm just a little sad that this Contest didn't result in something I could use for the Forsaken, but on the flip-side, a handful of quality entries (and some points below) made this a success after all!

I liked them all, great stuff overall. Have to give special mention to Just_Spectating; once again he went to town in his "why-so-serious" fashion. I couldn't vote for it, but I can't help but give mad props for picking a crazy idea & running it into the sky. : )

My two faves were AnemicRoyalty's & Ungoliath's. For the former, I signed a blood oath years ago to support him in all his unholy doings... But I had to rénégé on that vow because Ungoliath really had me.

Both of you did something valuable to me personally; taking a cool model that wasn't useful to me and, via texturing, made it useful to me. And both of you did so with great skill & care. However, A.R., I'm sorry but I just don't care for humans. Like, just a big 'eh' from me.

Ungoliath, on the other hand... Wow. Simply exquisite. You put something into Warcraft that has never existed (classic architectural-style gargoyles/mouldings), and filled a hole that has long existed ("heroic Gargoyles"). Your attention to detail (ALL THOSE LITTLE LINES!!) was astounding. This was one of the very few textures that actually got me thinking "dang, I could make a Hero off of this".

Nobody's perfect, of course, and both had issues; A.R., if I may don my "meaningless-non-artist opinion" hat, I felt like things were just SO bright & SO contrasted, it was almost too much for Warcraft. And Ungoliath, while you did a decent job of avoiding this issue, the fact remains that there are just WAY too many little lines to make it really show up in-game. Or I should say, it really edges into the "too complex" side of things with all the tiny, wonderful details, in places. That, and the Team-Color is very hard to see (though this is more a fault with the model; maybe we can hook up & fix that ;P).

~~~

So in the end, my vote went to Ungoliath, with honorable mentions to AnemicRoyalty, special mention to Just_Spectating, and general kudos to Wisdom & Nightmare.

Great stuff, ya'll!

Status
Not open for further replies.