• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #21 - Creep Warlords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Uh, what's your point, Chucky? Besides Blizzard probably being on a tighter schedule than one puny model a week, the wraps they did do work for the units in the game. They just didn't make their models easy to mod. Not saying that the wraps are decent, but they obviously did their job.
Yeah, you're right, I was only saying that many other games really make art out of their models and textures but I can see that Blizzard focused more on story and gameplay :D

W.i.p. 3

Upper body almost complete
W.I.P. 3.jpg

Search up some moss colors. The beards of the regular Sea Giants were mossy green, so why not look up some other stuff? I know there's some type out there, some sort of iron-dust red, or blood red.

Try a musty color, one that doesn't blur into the skin as much, I'd stay within the purples/reds\yellows, no light colors, no stark contrasts.

After a quick look, I'd say velvet purple would do well.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Deo will testify to me flunking my lore knowledge, but green Faceless and brown Sea Giant?

Also, the issue you're having with colour variation, Just_Spectating, could probably be helped a long way by using different hues for different values. Right now, it looks like you did the whole thing in black and white (which is perfectly OK) and applied one solid hue to the entire part, using Colour as your blending mode. This makes very flat colours, and a generally monotone look. But as have been said, changing the beard's colour would also help a lot.

Yeah, you overdid contrast on that updated version, Dio.. and are you sure it's not the other way around, left is 512x512 and right is 256x256? Because the one on the right looks pixelated.

Red

Red

Level 26
BanditRingleaderWIP1.jpg

Dio wanted a new WIP, so there ya go. Cloth and staff are still untouched, I'll see about that soon hopefully.

I'll be the first to say the armor doesn't really match the quality of the face, but sadly due to the model's wrapping and general UV setup, there's really not a lot I can do.

Level 38
You appear to have killed people's wills to continue, Red. I fear I may've created a monster.

Lol.

The face does look pretty epic on that Red. (I think the inside of the mouth is taken from ~ the center of the bag on the upper-right hand corner of the skin btw).

Mostly I've been tinkering with different armor styles with my skin to come up with something but nothing is really working out that well. I might change models, there were a few other creeps that seemed fun to do.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Meh, exams and deadlines. Still two weeks to go, though, we're only halfway through.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm not playing Skyrim.
I'm playing education.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If that was the case, I could pause. Unfortunately, it is not the case.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I suppose this counts as a WIP even though it doesn't really show anything of the concept.

cheeeeeeese.png

And perhaps it encourages a few people to carry on, or join in.

Update: I put some colour on so you know what race he is. GIMP crashed, though, so I'll have to fiddle with it to get the latest changes into the .XCF.
cheeeeeeese2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Did a little sketch of what I might do in terms of armour.
cheeeeeeese3.png

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Still need to tweak the skin a bit, but I'll apply the final changes to that once I've finished the armour, so as to not work unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.