• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #21 - Creep Warlords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
54eg48.jpg

just posting how dis shit wraps on the magnet taur.
gona change the lower jaw latr.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
I'll be upgrading the Satyr, pretty sure they qualify as creeps :)

Early, nasty Mudbox layout:

attachment.php

EDIT: Quick update to show that I'm actually going somewhere with this :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• SatyrWIP.jpg
    SatyrWIP.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 372
  • SatyrWIP2.jpg
    SatyrWIP2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
10n56jc.jpg

so uhh, more from me.

EDIT:
155sz2t.jpg

16ld4rm.jpg

yeah, done with the head.

I would make his skin tone diffrent than blue, cause the low level Magnataur have brown skin --> than blue skin ---> than .....

Logically speaking, it's up to you tough..

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

What is this obsession with metal jaws? D:

Level 17
Who ? I didn't see anyone else use it but me...perhaps I'm wrong...
Anyway to aswer your question, a strong jaw is strength so I was thinking that The Horde would use such a weapon :D An upgraded fully armored War Turtle to crush your enemies...

Who ? I didn't see anyone else use it but me...perhaps I'm wrong...
Anyway to aswer your question, a strong jaw is strength so I was thinking that The Horde would use such a weapon :D An upgraded fully armored War Turtle to crush your enemies...

I have! D:

What is this obsession with metal jaws? D:

screw you! I called it the first! not the second or third and so on! D:

Level 38
Mwahahaha, my genius plan to send PMs to past texture contest participants seems to be working >:D
(At least this thread seems pretty active so far, looking forward to seeing the skins that come out of this ;)

Anyways, I got dibs on the wolf. Actually, I'm doing a texture for the wolf and don't care if anyone else does the wolf to; if you want to skin the wolf go for it and more power to you.

67chromewip01.jpg

I'm thinking of giving him armor plating and chains, and giving him more of a Fenris look than more detailed than regular wolves look. But we shall see.

Level 17
Mwahahaha, my genius plan to send PMs to past texture contest participants seems to be working >:D
(At least this thread seems pretty active so far, looking forward to seeing the skins that come out of this ;)

Anyways, I got dibs on the wolf. Actually, I'm doing a texture for the wolf and don't care if anyone else does the wolf to; if you want to skin the wolf go for it and more power to you.

67chromewip01.jpg

I'm thinking of giving him armor plating and chains, and giving him more of a Fenris look than more detailed than regular wolves look. But we shall see.
Right on bro, I mean it's the vision about the subject that counts :D

Level 26

67chromewip01.jpg

you should srsly create a basic wolf texture with that style aswell, because it already looks awesome, as it is :D

I'm in - working on the bandit mage model.
Have a wip!
BanditRingleaderWIP0.jpg

you rock... so hard XD

Edit = Newest WIP.. getting close.. or not after I,ve seen what Redshift has done :p

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Level 15
I keep working on this,Fucking unwraps How they work?
Personally I'm not going in to the shoulderpads,so migth rework them and also the claws.

Attachments

• plates.JPG
    plates.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 111
  • withclaws.JPG
    withclaws.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 96
  • nowonportrait.JPG
    nowonportrait.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 106
  • FurbolgTracker copy.jpg
    FurbolgTracker copy.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 105
yeah kinda realizing that now, but there's no turning back. Gnoll's have so much character, and i'm actually enjoying this skin. I tried putting spikes on his back instead of a mane, but blizzard went ham when they wrapped that also, so I don't think its gonna work.
Edit: forgot to upload the screenshot
goon.JPG
maybe now you see what i'm saying shiik

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I already put spikes on the Gnoll's back before, or at least I seem to remember doing so. It's an easy wrap to do, it just doesn't leave a whole lot of possibilities for change.

I think Blizzard is so cool for making these awesome wraps...If I could I would congratulate all of them :D I can make a model in two days (4 with textures) and they can't make a decent wrap :|

True fact, just by looking at the models and texture, you can clearly tell Blizzard made 70% of their texture BEFORE even doing the model... true story..

now the modeler didn't gave a shit about the ''warping'' as long as it looked okay

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Uh, what's your point, Chucky? Besides Blizzard probably being on a tighter schedule than one puny model a week, the wraps they did do work for the units in the game. They just didn't make their models easy to mod. Not saying that the wraps are decent, but they obviously did their job.

Level 21
I wish I had some skills in making models/skins, but I'll root for people in the contest from the sidelines.

I wish I had some skills in making models/skins, but I'll root for people in the contest from the sidelines.

chicken..., you think I was good before? no.. point proven, here's a few of my first textures.

skins_2838_preview.jpg
skins_2801_preview_tn.jpg

These were ugly as &?%$@ and they even got rejected... now for the sake of your own ego, show us you can do your best! and if the best is not enough, well maybe the next time you do your best, it will be as good as our textures... and if you keep on doing your best every time, you'll sky-rocket yourself into epicness

Last edited:
Level 34
There's already a lot of nice WIPs, I like where this contest is heading. I also considered joining, but then I read something that broke my heart...
You can not make a skin for a unit that is not found in the Neutral Hostile category of the Object Editor's list of units.
So the Storm, Earth and Fire Pandaren are out of the question? Just because they are categorized under Neutral Passive? No exceptions allowed? That's cruel... :sadpanda:
Well anyway, good luck everyone! I can't wait to see all the submissions finished (I may or may not join :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.