• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #4 Poll

Which is the best entry?

• Entry #1: Orc Warrior

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Entry #2: Cartoon Man

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Entry #3: Beastman of Apollo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry #4: ominous purple-ish blue blob

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Entry #5: The Forest Warrior

• Entry #6: Pirate Marauder

• Entry #7: Wookie

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Entry #8: Chaos Warrior of Mild Discomfort

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Entry #9: Gladiator

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Entry #10: Gladiator

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Dio. Tried to even the playing field a bit. The one currently in first place is my least favorite. Its barely changed. But in these contests what wins is the "wow omfg!!!" factor. Not quality and difficulty of the skin.

Also I have impression that is not changed much. What do you mean by "wow omfg!!!" factor? I smell corruption here, he probably promised voters something what he will never give them anyway. Like ragingspeedhorn, he won that map contest only because promising false things to anybody, although his map was pretty shitty.

Level 14
What I mean by the "wow omfg!!!" factor is if it simply looks cool it has more of a chance to win regardless of whether or not the skin is creative or of quality. Well thats not entirely true. Creativity and quality do have a fair say in the matter but a cool looking skin has even more influence.

Level 15
You didn't change enough of the original skin, I'm surprised you didn't get disqualified.

Secondly, you are supposed to vote for the best skin/your favorite. You are fielded against atleast 6 other skins that are, well, much superior to yours. That is the harsh truth.
If you want a pity vote though, I still haven't voted yet...

Level 14
The reason I dont like infinitynexus's skin is not because of quality diffence. It is because there is very little change from the original skin.

On a side note when does this pole close? I want to get onto the next competition.

Level 32
Really, posting in this thread wont do much good. Try to talk to Camels_Hump.
I have been waiting to hear from him: so far nothing.

To the best of my knowledge, the entirety of the winner has been determined by the poll, the results of which are public.

This thread will now be closed (the poll closed itself automagically). It may, however, be reopened for a brief time after the prizes and winnings have been distributed.

[EDIT] Judge's vote posted as noted below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.