• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #9 Poll

Who do you vote for to win the Modeling contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Modeling Competition #9 Poll

Here is the Poll for the mighty warriors who have completed their task in the modeling contest. Let the mighty flying beasts and machines fly through the sky with the help of your vote.

IF YOU VOTE FOR YOURSELF YOU ARE INSTANTLY DISQUALIFIED

Dan van Ohllus's Venom Mephit
Final entry
attachment.php

DonDustin's Batorc
Final entry
Ingame screenshot
batorcaw9.jpg

Pyramidhe@d's Shroom Heavy Bomber Squad
Final entry
32236d1215097550-modeling-competition-9-pic.jpg

Skrab's Scavenger Dragon
Final entry
Ingame screenshot (+ older version)
32503d1215331672-modeling-competition-9-scavengerdragon.jpg

Entries gathered by Dan, I checked along the pages to and this was all I could find, if you have been missed and you DID qualify with the rules then please contact me.

Wow! I am happy to see the wonderful results from all of you here, in this contest. It's gonna be hard to decide who to vote for.

*Sorry accidently pressed enter and it submitted post. I'm still writing!*

Dan Van Ohllus

Animations: Good animation choice, although they aren't custom they totally suit the model you've made. 7/10

Overall Appearance: Lovely colours and the shape of it is great. I'm not a fan of the lower body, considering he dosen't really have one, but the upper body was made very nicely. The particles makes up for that, though. The skull adds a nice touch, too. ;P 9/10

Originality: The idea is lacking some creativity. It's basically a legless bat-man with a skull-face. Though that does count for something I think you could have added some of your own ideas into here, making it even more unique. 6.5/10

Particles and Effects: The gas coming out of his lower-body (sounds really disgusting, I know.) looks very nice and makes up for the fact that he has no legs. Also, the particles in his eyes are wonderful and make the portrait all that much better. 5/5

Other: Nicely placed portrait camera. 1/2.5

Total Rating: 28.5/37.5

DonDustin

Animations: Nice animation choice, good for something like this. Though the fact that they are Blizz-made costs you a few points. 7/10

Overall Appearance: Nicely done. Everything is placed perfectly and the choices of textures are perfect. Though the fact that it's mostly a geomerge isn't insanely appealing. Though the way you did it is still very nice. 7/10

Originality: Kind of an odd idea, but very creative. Would've been 10/10 if Batman didn't already exist, :p. 8.5/10

Particles and Effects: There aren't any particles that I can see in this. Would've been cool to see some in this. 0/5

Other: The icons that you made with this are a helpful bonus. 1/2.5

Total Rating: 23.5/37.5

PyramidHe@d

Animations: The detail and clarity of those animations make this model almost perfect. I love how the baloon expands and retracts in different areas like some sort of weird growing fungus. 8.5/10

Overall Appearance: It looks like a zepplin but it's quite hard to tell what everything is. The people on the ship are lacking detail, but you can still make out what they are and what they are doing on the vehicle. 6.25/5

Originality: A cartoonish group of shroom-people riding a Shroom ship. A very unique idea, nothing like I've seen before. 10/10

Particles and Effects: I really like positioning of particles on the gun when using the attack animation, that deserves some good points. 3.75/5

Other: The additional projectile model you made is a good bonus and very helpful for such a model. Though it's lacking some detail. 2/2.5

Total Rating: 30.25/37.5

Skrab

Animations: Obvious choice, I don't think you could've chosen anything else, that would suit this. My only concern is that they aren't custom. 9/10

Overall Appearance: Very nicely done. Though his butt/lower-body seems a bit big in comparison to his stomach and chest. Also, the back of his hind legs are a bit too opague, no shadows whatsoever, though this is a modeling competition not a texturing competiton. 8/10

Originality: It's basically a remade version of the Dragon, not too creative. But you managed to give it some background info supporting it's originality, though that dosen't have much to do with modeling. 5.5/10

Particles and Effects: I don't see any particles in here. 0/5

Other: The nice portrait anims are a good bonus, same goes for the awsome icons. 2.5/2.5

Total Rating: 25/37.5

So my decision is as follows:

1st Place: PyramidHe@d
2nd Place: Dan Van Ohllus
3rd Place: Skrab
4th Place: DonDustin

Though, PyramidHe@d earned the most points my vote goes to DvO, mostly because of the wonderful appearance and lovely particles. I'm sure PH will get plenty of votes anyways.

Last edited:
Level 26
I think all of them are great.

what I liked most:

I like Pyramidhe@d's Shroom Heavy Bomber Squad´s animations,
I like that Skrab's Scavenger Dragon looks quite different to the ingame dragon model altough it uses the same texture
I like that Dan van Ohllus's Venom Mephit looks scary but somehow cute at the same time :>

but my favourite was DvO´s entry

Level 25
Oh, Hawkwing, the scavanger dragon is using normal dragon animations :p

yes that are blizzard animations
i was makeing the rig for the wings than it didn't worked so u copyed few bones from the Red dragon, than i didn't got any inspiration and copyed all the bones from the red dragon :sad:

my Scavenger Dragon mash has nothing to do with red dragon ones just the animations :)

btw Dionesiist thanks for the kind vote :)

Level 30
Oh NOES! i forgot to vote! T_T!
sry DonDustin, i was going to vote for you :(
I really like the model and man LOL!
originality 5/5
shrooms 4/5
Mephit 4/5
and skrab 3/5 (sry a dragon isnt really original) however its a nice model
1st Don
2nd Mephit
3d Dragon
4th Mushroom
they where very equal! i can say that ... but i prefer Don's entry and you can place the rest on the second place.

Status
Not open for further replies.