• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #12 - Poll

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hive Workshop

Modeling Contest #12 Poll

Welcome to the poll for Modeling Contest #12! Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voter's votes will count in the final result.

Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 50 reputation points and a special award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points

Level 9
Piramid, Elenai and Xatoga are best 3,
Elenai made the best model quality, but idea isnt inovative at all
Piramid and Xatoga were both good, i hardly decided to vote for Ogre girl as little better idea!

Great work +rep to all 3

Level 18
Good job all. All have done a good job. But my vote goes for Pyarmid, as I liked his one the most. Xatoga was original, DVO I didn't like his that much, seemed as if it's a puppet not a being, Joan of Arc was good but kinda boring, Elenai's work was good, however some parts I didn't like... such as the shoes as I mentioned before, however good job nevertheless, Lady of the Bush, nice idea, not so greatly done and Callahan well original but not that good.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
(Dang, I actually really like the Centaur Archer... Adds something to the race, looks nice and somewhat unique, etc etc... Besides, it's Callahan!)

Alright, so now it's like "Top 3", and I can't decide... So I'll stick with my original vote (Elenai's Archmaiden), and rationalize with "because it's a hero". :p

Old Vote - Kyrbi0 said:
It was a close call between Elenai's Archmaiden and Pyramidhe@d's Butchergirl.

On one hand, the Archmaiden is one of the few models that broke from the obvious limitations of the contest (that of "replacing" an in-game unit with a female counterpart), with a creative "new" model replacement. (sure, you may say it's just a new Jaina, but meh, I'm comparing it to the normal Archmage). I love the new staff, the nice cloak, the sweet ponytail, and how it really feels "Wc3-ish". Awesome.

On the other hand, the Butchergirl was amazing. This was an entirely new mesh. I can say similarly that this was one of the few model entries that broke from the issue of "female units = bigger chest + hair" that I thought was gonna be a big issue. Seriously.
When you announced "Female abomination", a horror story went through my head... But I love it. Sheer genius. From the multiple arms + weapons, to the bloody smock and bony pigtails, the mesh was fantastic. The animations: Wow. I freaked out when I saw her stab herself and pull out her still-beating heart (nice touch, BTW :p). Her coquettish Portrait anims were pwn. And the rest were great takes on the standard anims; those just stick out to me.

Anyway, if this was solely a "Modelling" Competition, then I think my vote would go to the Butchergirl. However, as this is a "Warcraft 3 Modelling" Competition, and I think the Archmaiden is the more useful resource (for generic Wc3 modding), I voted for the Archmaiden.

However, Pyramidhe@d; I clap for you. :p

Seriously, though, skrab and Callahan: I loved your models. Great resources, good jobs, and good-on-ya for fleshing things out (races, I mean).

Level 34
I liked Elenai's, Pyramids, and Callahan's. I didn't care for the color scheme on Callahan's though, and I thought Pyramid's was a little better than Elenai's. He gets my vote.

Level 7
mY VOTE goes too... dumdumdumdum dum :p
Elenai's archmaiden!
The model looks extremely good, although pyramidhe@ds butcher was really good as well, the model mad by elenai looked really realistic!
good luck on the contest

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I really can't make up my mind.

Pyramidhe@d's model is pretty interesting. I wonder, however, what uses would it have...
Elenai's "Arch Maiden" is a nice contribution to the already vast world of elven models out there.
Xatoga's female version of the Ogre was... unexpected, to say the least ;P
Callahan, in my opinion, succeeded in the contest's objective more than any of the other contestants -- making a female version of a model. Backed up by an existing screenshot, he didn't have to be too creative.

After some thinking, I've decided my vote will go for Elenai. There are way too few old ladies out there, but I just like Elves, and the Arch Maiden is a model rich with life. It is truly charming.

Level 7
i like elenai's model cause it looks cool, although the animations are shabby and in-game (although it fits in very well) unlike pyramidhe@ds which looked cool too, had great animations but im not much a fan of undead models, plus in one animation it takes its heart out and puts it back in but later on you'll see it on her right arm @_@?

Status
Not open for further replies.