• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Test Map (forest again? rlly?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Quite a long time ago I did landscape for the project. So, I decided to continue. The plans to make caves and edit all the landscape.
Pleasant viewing!

PS: Its WIP

You have an interesting way to combine these models into something natural. The flow of the doodad management here is pure love.
I like how you managed to transition the outside from the inside with that shadow plane model, much work there.

Lovely paths, clearings and overall foliage work all over the zones.
I just think that what your terrains lack is a bit of differentiation in the environment color palette.

It is..how shall I put it?...too monotone, which is a bit of downside to it. Differently tinted vegetation here and there could've helped by miles in my books.

All in all, I really enjoy these pieces. Stirs up my terraining spirit <3

Level 13
I just think that what your terrains lack is a bit of differentiation in the environment color palette.
It is..how shall I put it?...too monotone, which is a bit of downside to it. Differently tinted vegetation here and there could've helped by miles in my books.

Thank you!
I fully agree , it is necessary to diversify the color palette . I'll try to add more flowers , colored bushes and other objects
But screenshots №11 and 12 look good ? There are a lot of objects with different color palette.

This terrain is so refined that it makes me speechless. Awesome work, dude. Do you take requests by any chance?
Because this is just lovely. I particularly love the caves.
If you could create an equally refined goblin terrain, I'd be willing to make any goblin models you would need to be able to do so.

Thank you!
Sorry, but I dont have time for other projects . Even work on this terrain moves like a snail )
Maybe later , I'll have more time .

Pretty good. :)
Water on 7 screenshot is more saturated than on the others screenshots.

Thank you!
There's just deeper than elsewhere. ) But, water on screenshot №7 really is more saturated, than on the others screenshots. I will correct it.

Last edited:
Level 36
I've got to second everything, all the things, that fladder said.

The only thing I'd like to see, is a little more color. Not much,
just something to break off the else-wise monotony of the terrain.

Otherwise, this is absolutely fabulous, mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.