• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tesh in Base Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
God forbid we have to type out full function names and remember what arguments they take like the good ol' days....

I could walk to Spain from Sweden to be on vacation, or take the 100x more convenient solution (car, train, plane).
It is too inconvenient, code without highlightning is unreadable. There is a pretty good reason all editors have it.

Sure, if you want to take 2x longer to achieve a goal, be my guest.

Level 39
My whole point is that it's not suffering to have to type, dude. You sound like a baby that can't fucking deal with having to type a few extra characters for a week until a hotfix comes out that adds tesh to the WE.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Not at all.

The original tesh was only syntax highlightning, the auto complete functionality was added in like 2014 by LFH (not sure if it is the standard TESH in WEX now?), point is, the original purpose was not the auto complete. Unless I remember wrong, which is possible.
The auto complete functionality is not why TESH is important, the highlighting is. It hurts readability and indirectly understandability.

That said, I am not using wc3 at the moment since Wurst is not up to date with 1.30 AFAIK.
So maybe you are right about the baby part.

Level 4
Pyrogasm must be a lot of fun at parties.

Well here's to hoping bliz brings TESH in, everytime I try to third party it, some new patch in the software messes up my map and it can't be loaded anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.