• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Templates

What is your rating about this map of me?

• Good

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nvlogo-jpg.249490

full

City Kingdom Template

full

Last edited:
Level 11
Here are some issues I see with our map. (and some tips I have for you)

• The standard WC3 cliffs ALWAYS ruin the aesthetics of any map. That's not your fault, its Blizzard's for making ugly-looking cliffs. I'd suggest when making a new map, you take some cliffs and rocks from the "Ultimate Terraining Map" (here) and import them into your map and work with those instead.

• Your map needs an atmosphere/fog. It might sound trivial but a well implemented atmosphere can bring your map to another level of visual goodness.

• The rocks and trees could use some variation in sizes. Some could be 70% of their normal size, some 130%, whatever level of varation you'd like. (From 0.75 - 1.30 gives a realistic looking range of scale)

If you haven't seen it already, (this thread) contains basically everything you need from starting your first terraining attempts to becoming a professional terrain-designer/artist/creator

Here are some issues I see with our map. (and some tips I have for you)

• The standard WC3 cliffs ALWAYS ruin the aesthetics of any map. That's not your fault, its Blizzard's for making ugly-looking cliffs. I'd suggest when making a new map, you take some cliffs and rocks from the "Ultimate Terraining Map" (here) and import them into your map and work with those instead.

• Your map needs an atmosphere/fog. It might sound trivial but a well implemented atmosphere can bring your map to another level of visual goodness.

• The rocks and trees could use some variation in sizes. Some could be 70% of their normal size, some 130%, whatever level of varation you'd like. (From 0.75 - 1.30 gives a realistic looking range of scale)

If you haven't seen it already, (this thread) contains basically everything you need from starting your first terraining attempts to becoming a professional terrain-designer/artist/creator
Thanks for your help, mate. How can I create an atmosphere/fog for my map??

Status
Not open for further replies.