• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Telepathy Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Link or it didn't happen.
I hope this thread is troll. No-one can be this stupid.

You just got owned: http://www.annuaire29.org/articles/category/2/message/32/

First of all, before calling people stupid, why don't you do some research yourself? You're making yourself look bad here.

Oh and by the way, why don't you try looking this up on Google? Electroencephalogram

And I completely agree with The World Is Flat:

How about you hivers stop being assholes and let him do what he wants to do, it doesent belittle you, its just a stab of fun. just go away, you havented contributed anything to the world with your comments, so there is no point in you saying them, if you dont like it, dont come here.

You guys are being jerks here, I mean really, its just a freaking topic that he created. No need to insult the OP over it. Most people that have been jerks here are just taking things too seriously.

Last edited:
Level 11
How about you hivers stop being assholes and let him do what he wants to do, it doesent belittle you, its just a stab of fun. just go away, you havented contributed anything to the world with your comments, so there is no point in you saying them, if you dont like it, dont come here.

This

Panda, made me happier then ne1 on this entire website has.. and i can't thank him enough...

Level 19

First of all, before calling people stupid, why don't you do some research yourself? You're making yourself look bad here.

Oh and by the way, why don't you try looking this up on Google? Electroencephalogram

The first sleep laboratories were set up about 50 years ago. Scientists began to measure the electrical activities of the brain. Our brain is made up of a huge number of brain cells, and messages, in the form of electrical impulses, are transmitted from one cell to another cell and so on. This creates many electrical circuits, very much like the microchips of the present day computers. These circuits in the brain are always conducting messages, which generate electrical potentials. These electrical activities can be picked up by electrodes located outside the scalp and recorded on a moving scroll of paper as oscillating waves.

So, yeah, if I understand it correctly this article implies the OP is false because you can't pick up brainwaves without ''electrodes located outside the scalp''..?

Level 12
Why is there a need of this tutorial when we can all find it all over the internet about telepathy?

As far as I know, telepathy doesn't work.
We can't stare at people and read their brain cells or something.
Its not like our brain cells and nerves that are so sensitive that we can read people's brain. Brain waves can't travel via air and more over, its max distance is only 2mm.

Level 15
I was concentrating really hard on this tutorial and I just moved a rock across my back yard. I have a really bad headache now from the stress I put on my brain (unleashing its dormant energy seems to injure it, maybe that's why we can't normally use its potential!) but I'll post the video on youtube after my head stops hurting!

edit: fuck, in my dizziness I seemed to have not "saved" the video.

edit2: it happened, I swear.

edit3: turns out there's more adverse side effects then just headache...my hands and feet are starting to tingle and my arms and legs are shaking uncontrollably. I advise anyone out there, do not try this!

edit4: crazy shit is happening. I just barfed up some blue liquid. my parents are taking me to the UrgentCare, pics and stories when I get back!!

Level 11
I was concentrating really hard on this tutorial and I just moved a rock across my back yard. I have a really bad headache now from the stress I put on my brain (unleashing its dormant energy seems to injure it, maybe that's why we can't normally use its potential!) but I'll post the video on youtube after my head stops hurting!

edit: fuck, in my dizziness I seemed to have not "saved" the video.

edit2: it happened, I swear.

edit3: turns out there's more adverse side effects then just headache...my hands and feet are starting to tingle and my arms and legs are shaking uncontrollably. I advise anyone out there, do not try this!

edit4: crazy shit is happening. I just barfed up some blue liquid. my parents are taking me to the UrgentCare, pics and stories when I get back!!

you honestly want us to believe this?!?!? Telekinesis is madness (to me at least) unless proven by the public eye... never seen it done yet

Level 11
I hope the Mods are giving an infraction to every @sshole that is ruining this thread. This just makes me sick and sad that there are people that have lost all sense of maturity and sense of logic on an internet site. This is a community and people should treat everyone else with respect. If you can't, I'm sorry grow the F#$k up.

Edit: Also, I noticed it is mostly the people with a high amount of reputation screwing a perfectly reasonable fine thread into the crap it has turned into. Even some of you were previous staff members. (I can see why your not now >:) )

Level 7
I hope the Mods are giving an infraction to every @sshole that is ruining this thread. This just makes me sick and sad that there are people that have lost all sense of maturity and sense of logic on an internet site. This is a community and people should treat everyone else with respect. If you can't, I'm sorry grow the F#$k up.

Edit: Also, I noticed it is mostly the people with a high amount of reputation screwing a perfectly reasonable fine thread into the crap it has turned into. Even some of you were previous staff members. (I can see why your not now >:) )

Wow, you are someone I respect greatly. :)

Level 11

you realize that an EEG recording doesn't pick up brain waves, it picks up electrical activity on the scalp? that's the important part, the brainwaves don't travel any significant distance through air or a vacuum, it requires direct physical contact for the machine to even work.

but eh, scientific evidence and logical reason has never succeeded over paranormal beliefs. :\

Level 9

There are a few reasons "@ssholes" are "ruining" this thread.
People have a tendency to notice when a problem needs to be rectified, how it becomes apparent can manifest in different ways, I'll use this thread as an example. This thread manifests itself as a problem (and a noticeable one at that) by providing at best useless information and at worst false information. For instance, it provided false information by continuing the myth that people use only 2% of their brains, and conveyed, what I will generously call, useless information in the form of a tutorial which is telepathy, because a logical person who is at the university level knows that such a thing is just... stupid. I could go on to further state how insulting it is to the field of Psychology that the thread creator would allude to the idea that his knowledge in telepathy was achieved by studying this, but whatever, I'm trying not to make an essay. When such a thing is made apparent, people want to step in and try to either correct misconceptions about the topic if needed (2% brain usage), and ultimately, if it is beyond the ability to be salvaged into something even a tiny bit meaningful, then just try to get rid of it altogether to prevent misinformation, and in turn, idiocy from spreading. If you think this isn't useless information, then please provide me a reason why so, how will thinking you have telepathy benefit you in any way other than wasting you're time playing guessing games under the parameters of color, because thats all it really is.

On a personal note, I really don't like having to converse with people who are misinformed and ultimately senseless about things that have actually been studied thoroughly, my "ruining" of this thread is an effort to lower the number of people who become misinformed.

This just makes me sick and sad that there are people that have lost all sense of maturity and sense of logic on an internet site.

see. right there. the key word right there. you've said it. Logic.
LOGIC. THAT is what define this whole thread, what defines the whole human race. Logic. Thats what we do as human beings. we can think logically about out surroundings, we think logically on ways we can benefit from the environment, on ways we can harness the environment to solve our daily problems. everything we do and believe is based on logic. You might say a drunk man has no logic. Not true. a drunk man acts according to HIS logic.

Now. lets see why we think this thread is stupid ie. illogical.

before i continue, i must establish 3 facts

1. human beings have been in existence for a very long time.
2. superstitions and reports of supernatural phenomenon(such as mind reading, telekinesis) has been in existence as long as the human race has been in existence. that is why we had deities. to explain our environment, to explain the phenomenons that couldnt be explained with our set of brains at that time in the evolutionary timeline.
3. fact is defined by whatever is the most logical explanation of that time. now how do we establish any fact these days. by repeatd or recorded tests.

now. here is the scenario. i have a dice numbered one to six. i roll it and i roll 1. Does this establish that the dice is rigged to roll out only one? no it doesnt. it establishes only nothing except that the dice, when rolled has a chance of rolling 1. so i roll the dice again. and again. repeatedly. repeatedly meaning about a thousand times. i then tally all the numbers the dice has rolled and i examine the numbers. theoretically, the numbers should be more or less the same. if that is the case, we can establish that the dice is NOT loaded and then that becomes the fact. if there is a discrepency in the numbers, say the dice rolls 1 a lot more than any other numbers, we can establish that the dice is loaded. the validity of this test comes from the fact that it can be repeated a thousandfolds and the validity of the result can also be verified a thousand times. this is how humans see as logic.

now. lets put all of the above as well as the three facts ive established at the start. humans have been here forever(forever for us, that is), superstition has been here forever. now, how many times do you think a person would have tried this telepathy method? twice? three times? a thousand times? and by how many people. if you count all of them up, how many "tests" have been carried out? numerous. uncountable. just look at this situation. you have caught attention of many people in this site. obviously you didnt come up with this telepathy thing. someone else on the internet has. and if it is on the internet, and assuming this was few years old(lets say 10yrs), it is very likely that more than enough number of people have tested this out, even disregarding the fact that these test are prolly flawed and invalid to be counted on. if telepathy is doable, dont you think out of those uncountable people, a rather large number of people would be able to repeat it? there is the whole mumbojumbo of the "incompatibility" issue or that our brain is just dormant theory. even taking that into account, i would have to think that there would have to be at least a thousand people who can use telepathy. now...where are these people? WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE?

nowhere

people CLAIM that they can use telepathy. has these people been actually tested for so-called super-brainwave? no. have they been able to show and repeat this ability? while being recorded on video or live audience. no, its the usual "there is too much interference in here".

panda, what you are grabbing at here is from 1 test. in this case, that one test where the dice rolled one. you completely disregard all the other outcomes, all the other numbers. you have decided that the dice is loaded because the dice rolled out 1. what you are grabbing here is the fact that you've GUESSED one colour or few correctly. you are perhaps overjoyed because you have guess perhaps 1 out of 4 colours correctly. sure that sounds pretty good. youve just started and you got 25% accuracy. hey, guess what? there are only 4 colours. yu only think it works because you believe it to be working. you believe it to be working.
for this test to be valid, you MUST be able to achieve near 100% accuracy. taking wild jabs and hitting something is not called accuracy. What i call accuracy is sniper accuracy, not shotgun accuracy.

of course. this is completely disregarding the fact that your random choice of colours IS NOT random at all. tell a person to guess a number between 1 and 100. most likely, they choose something around the middle range. 30-70. because they believe it to have a higher chance. how irrational. all numbers have the exact same chance. a human mind cannot choose a completely random number. it is a well noticed fact in psychology. even if you are getting considerably large amount of these guesses right, it is not because you are honing your skills. it is because both you and your partner have settled in on some sort of pattern, a pattern youve both settled in unconsciously over the period of repeated guesses.

now. to summarise. the chances of having someone on this earth "master" telepathy to a repeatable standard is very high. most likely, in fact if you think about this mathematically. now, there isnt one. we dont have a world leading telepathist. for the fact that this isnt repeatable. secondly, you are testing this in a manner that if it was a science experiment, no one will ever take you seriously. what you see is what you see only because you wish it to be so. just from that fact, you have made your experiments invalid.

and if these tests are mostly invalid, it only be the logical thing that we deem this telepathy business to be nothing but superstition, a hoax, a fake. which in turn makes you look very very foolish.

OH LOOK AT ME. I AM TAKING A CHEAP SWING AT THE MODS NOW JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A FAINT EXCUSE TO DO SO. ARENT I TEH AWESOME?

PS: i patiently await your rebuttal

Status
Not open for further replies.