• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reality?Or a trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I noticed that our brains usually play us some weird tricks..
I'm gonna post a few examples here..

First, this is called right-left fightining, cause 2 parts of our brain come to fight for the result.
Take a look at the colors below and try to say out loud the color not the word inside, without getting confused.

Yellow
Blue
Orange
Black
Red
Green
Brown
Yellow
Red
Orange
Green
Black
Blue
Red
Brown
Green
Blue
Orange

I'm gonna post more of these tricks later if you like them.

Level 15
Take a look at the following picture...
With the first look all circles around the cross look pink, focus on the black cross in the middle for 15 seconds...then watch the circles around again!
dot-illusion.gif

Open and close your eyes fast to any white surface...what do you see?

Level 17
You stare at the black dot above the loading bar, then when the loading is finished the image goes to black and white. If you were staring at the dot for the entirety of the loading process then you will see the picture correctly coloured until it fades or you lose focus.

Don't watch the bar, stare at the dot.

Level 15
You stare at the black dot above the loading bar, then when the loading is finished the image goes to black and white. If you were staring at the dot for the entirety of the loading process then you will see the picture correctly coloured until it fades or you lose focus.

Don't watch the bar, stare at the dot.

Oh...i saw(or at least that's what i think) the colors of the buildings for 1 second before the picture turns to black and white.

Level 12
Lol, thats cool.

I would swear that there were colors in that video. And I saw the colors till the end. Even when I looked elsewhere and saw black-white, I could turn in back to colors :) (some pink with I dont know what)

And that Red,White,Blue names is fucked, cos if my mother language is not english, than it is much easier.

Level 16
There are no black dots, your brain is just being fooled into seeing that there are
smoker.gif

/me stealzorz ur smiley

@OP
dis b liek crack, i iz sooooo high. Dunno what I'm supposed to say here, but I'll just say I failed the test, I'm always reading the word and I am totally unable to say the color of the font.

I'd gratz you for this, it's like, awesome, it felt great.

Level 15
/me stealzorz ur smiley

@OP
dis b liek crack, i iz sooooo high. Dunno what I'm supposed to say here, but I'll just say I failed the test, I'm always reading the word and I am totally unable to say the color of the font.

I'd gratz you for this, it's like, awesome, it felt great.

Well, i failed with my first attempt too.Try it again, and try to focus on the color not the words.

Last edited:
Hmm...yeah but the picture isn't moving o_O!
Do you know why does this happen?

It's because your brain thinks it's like a staircase. But it actually never starts or ends. It's just one circle smaller than the one before it. It creates the Spinning effect because your brain tries to connect all parts by moving them. Looking at it directly, will make your brain use more focus, thus realizing that the circles are not connected.

Confusing, but if you understood what i said...>.>

Level 16
Oh well, seeing how the thread is actually about optical illusions (or how you say in english?), I'll post some of my favorites. If you can 'solve' them, you earn rep, haha

The one who's able to tell me both person you can see on this pic (try to move ahead/away from it, it changes (you might have to take steps for the 'away' illusion lul)).

illusions_monroe_einstein.jpg

Fix the little dots at the middle (4 dots) for about 30 seconds. Then close your eyes, you'll see some light, drawing a person. Tell me who it is!

illusion_optik.png

This one does not require anything, but it's still one of my favorite.

dauphins.jpg

What do you see on those? (When you got an answer, go down)

Most people will actually see a man and a woman doing stuff. But children would most likely see dolphins (if you look well, the dark spots are all dolphins). It's because their brains are not used to think the way (non-children) people think. People's brains will recognize what is most common in a person's mind at first.

Level 15
Oh well, seeing how the thread is actually about optical illusions (or how you say in english?), I'll post some of my favorites. If you can 'solve' them, you earn rep, haha

The one who's able to tell me both person you can see on this pic (try to move ahead/away from it, it changes (you might have to take steps for the 'away' illusion lul)).

illusions_monroe_einstein.jpg

Fix the little dots at the middle (4 dots) for about 30 seconds. Then close your eyes, you'll see some light, drawing a person. Tell me who it is!

illusion_optik.png

This one does not require anything, but it's still one of my favorite.

dauphins.jpg

What do you see on those? (When you got an answer, go down)

Most people will actually see a man and a woman doing stuff. But children would most likely see dolphins (if you look well, the dark spots are all dolphins). It's because their brains are not used to think the way (non-children) people think. People's brains will recognize what is most common in a person's mind at first.

In the first picture i can see Jesus o_O!

And at the second, i see a woman and guy *cough* *cough* ....
But if you look at it closer you can see a few dolphins(8-9) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.