• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Telepathy Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys. Sorry that I have not been on for a year. I was on another forum x.x But, I am back to this forum. So, I have been studying Psychology for a while and have succeeded 3 times out of every 5 times in reading somebody's mind.
Telepathy_________
Difficulty: 4/10 ( Easy )
Requierments: Focus, 2 people
Practice: You will transfer color through the mind.

Intro--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is said that Albert Einstein, the smartest man to walk the earth, used only 2% of his brain power. Humans have been known to posses super intelligence and powers. Some examples of these are : clairvoyance( visions ) - Telekenises(Moving objects with brain waves ) and Telepathy ( Brain waves containing information ). We will practice Telepathy.
__________________________________________________ ______

A Test__ Everytime you read a word, you think of its color (red, blue, yellow, etc), read these words but think about the color it is shaded in, not the color it is.

Red Blue Green Yellow

This is a simple exercize for your brain. moving on to the steps.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Person 1 - think of a color then an example of it, (yellow,sun-red,rose-black,ash).
2.Now have Person 2 just clear your mind.
*( Person 2 has to have nothing on their mind, Person 1 focuses on a color and object.)
3.If all worked well, then you have successfully completed telepathy, if not, someone didn't focus.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun and remember to practice. Try meditating to clear the mind.

-Pandawarrior :) ( The reason I chose blue is because it is a clear, relaxing color.)

Level 11
Wow i find this thread fairly interesting, but i believe that telekinesis is just a myth unless proven by the public eye... but yet again.. i think it would be amazing to do, glad your back! and i will try to do this :D hehe

Level 11
My girlfriend and I tried this.

We found that if you only think about the object and the color and no other objects we would get it right. Also, we found that if you go through the colors in your head, and whichever feels the strongest is the one.

In the end we both acted as Person 1 (Sender) and Person 2 (Receiver) 5 times each.

I had 3/5 right as receiver
She had 3/5 also as receiver

Very interesting tutorial.

Level 7
My girlfriend and I tried this.

We found that if you only think about the object and the color and no other objects we would get it right. Also, we found that if you go through the colors in your head, and whichever feels the strongest is the one.

In the end we both acted as Person 1 (Sender) and Person 2 (Receiver) 5 times each.

I had 3/5 right as receiver
She had 3/5 also as receiver

Very interesting tutorial.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and actually explaining the results. Perhaps your post convinced people that did not believe. :)

Level 11
Another find:

We tried thinking of the word and an object of a different color.
Like Blue Fire; but keeping in mind that fire is red, so in my head I thought blue, with a red fire.

And about 4/5 of the time we got the object and not the word. I think it is more of the image of the color being transferred and not really the word.

Level 7
Another find:

We tried thinking of the word and an object of a different color.
Like Blue Fire; but keeping in mind that fire is red, so in my head I thought blue, with a red fire.

And about 4/5 of the time we got the object and not the word. I think it is more of the image of the color being transferred and not really the word.

Good idea. Question though, what do you mean color/object? Do you mean, like on one side of your.. what I call "Brain vision", you had blue, and the otherside you had a lit fire?

Level 12
There are just so many people in this thread I feel the need to punch to death.

You're treading into regions of stupidity I didn't think possible.

Hmmm. same, I think its just lucky that they got it correct.
How about person 1 thinks of 1000 objects and with different colors.
Then person 2 must completely guess everything correct.
-If person 2 gets 1 wrong, its means its not possible at all.

Level 12
Correction:

You guys made this thread into a troll thread.

Thanks to everyone that ruined this thread!

Hmmm... :ogre_icwydt: Thats not nice.

*You guys*, who are the *you guys*??

Back to topic, this is general information, however, there are no concrete evidence provided.
Thus, this means "Objection"

Edit:
I can destroy things with my mind!

Really, last time when I tried, dinosaurs disappeared -.^

Add sarcasm bb tag code, its there for a reason.

Level 19
you guys

srsly

how are you supposed to share electric signals in your brain?

without looking like this of course

EEG_cap.jpg

Level 12
you guys

srsly

I don't think that's really possible without looking like this guy:

EEG_cap.jpg

That is a lot of wires, hope none of them will go haywire while the test is going through.

Back to topic, yup, you need to have a lot of wires connecting to your brain to detect your brainwaves, (which also let others know what you are thinking.)

Edit: I suggest you add the Hidden tag to the picture...

Level 7
Well, honestly i do not think you would need wires. Brain waves can be picked up, as shown in laboratories. And also: since the human produces electricity, I think they would stop the waves and use them for something. In this case, it would be for information from the sending area/mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
But did he flame you, nope, he didn't.
Did you flame him, yes you did, you called him a troll.

Lol so if they are being a troll, and I tell them to knock it off and stop being one, then I am instantly a bad guy when they turned this thread into a troll thread, that is flaming? Hell, now I know why I left Hive before. Some wont accept anything that are not your own views and are so strict on anything.

Last edited:
Level 11
Man panda, this scenario seems to be fairly difficult to accomplish, (the Telekinesis one :D) i honestly haven't seen it done before and if ne1 ever accomplished this, i would want to see some kind of proof, but as of now it remains impossible to do, unless proven to the public eye possible... but still man it be tight if i can move stuff around! :p hehe

Level 19
Back on topic:
Well, honestly i do not think you would need wires. Brain waves can be picked up, as shown in laboratories. And also: since the human produces electricity, I think they would stop the waves and use them for something. In this case, it would be for information from the sending area/mind.

How can electricity be picked up anyway? I mean, they're basically communicating signals to your brain, so how can someone pick it up?

Level 7
Man panda, this scenario seems to be fairly difficult to accomplish, (the Telekinesis one :D) i honestly haven't seen it done before and if ne1 ever accomplished this, i would want to see some kind of proof, but as of now it remains impossible to do, unless proven to the public eye possible... but still man it be tight if i can move stuff around! :p hehe

Haha yup. I remember this one Japanese woman that had been moving stuff with her mind. It was on youtube and some news site, I will see if I can dig it up. :)

On the subject of 'Imagine what we could do if we could use more than 2% of our 'brain power' sure we could probably do some amazing stuff, briefly before we killed ourselves from electrical overload or somesuch occurance. Our brains would likely go 'fut' (sound of electrical overload, eg. LED without a resistor) and We'd become brain dead.

On the subject of 'Imagine what we could do if we could use more than 2% of our 'brain power' sure we could probably do some amazing stuff, briefly before we killed ourselves from electrical overload or somesuch occurance. Our brains would likely go 'fut' (sound of electrical overload, eg. LED without a resistor) and We'd become brain dead.

Aside from the telepathy thing, the whole "we use 10% of our brain" myth needs to go. It's just now how the brain works.

Level 31
Either way, its a stupid thread.

Hey man, you mad? Your getting upset that I'm trying to defend a person who made a thread that was perfectly fine, within every rule ever made here, and then bombarded with trolls trying to get it closed. I'm sensing a problem with this.

Your defending a troll who made a troll thread that is stupid and no one has taken seriously. Also, the fact that it breaks no rules doesn't mean shit.

Level 7
That is why its a troll thread.
Its just only a opinion, people can either stick to it or rage and fight.

Not Telepathy. The 2% thing. And Mr.Bob, why did you just say that? All you are doing is sparking an arguement. And some people find this thread interesting.
@crab... http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,17315,23628,23670,25041,26761,26849,27520&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=Evidence+of+telepathy&cp=16&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=Evidence+of+tele&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13 :)

Level 26
Fine then, as hopeless as this inevitably will be, lets try a different tact..... logic and reason.

Really? Because I posted a thread of what I believe and I wanted to try and share what people can try and do because I believe it is possible?

By posting this under the title "telepathy tutorial" would imply that this is a proven science. I honestly dont even know where to begin with that. Suffice to say, that telepathy is not "proven" in any way shape or form. It is "fringe science" at best and "bullshit" to everyone with an ounce of common sense.

Back on topic:

No they cant, Electroencephalographs work by placing 20-40 electrodes on the scalp, so, LITERALLY you do need "wires".

No laboratory has ever proven or even implied that he brain produces recordable or distinguishable "waves" or "signals" that can be measures wirelessly. To suggest otherwise is utterly retarded. You are misinformed to say the least.

Level 12
Not Telepathy. The 2% thing. And Mr.Bob, why did you just say that? All you are doing is sparking an arguement. And some people find this thread interesting.
@crab... http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,17315,23628,23670,25041,26761,26849,27520&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=Evidence+of+telepathy&cp=16&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=Evidence+of+tele&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=83f87efc6f926f13 :)

No they cant, Electroencephalographs work by placing 20-40 electrodes on the scalp, so, LITERALLY you do need "wires".

No laboratory has ever proven or even implied that he brain produces recordable or distinguishable "waves" or "signals" that can be measures wirelessly. To suggest otherwise is utterly retarded. You are misinformed to say the least.

Enough said yet?

Level 7
Fine then, as hopeless as this inevitably will be, lets try a different tact..... logic and reason.

By posting this under the title "telepathy tutorial" would imply that this is a proven science. I honestly dont even know where to begin with that. Suffice to say, that telepathy is not "proven" in any way shape or form. It is "fringe science" at best and "bullshit" to everyone with an ounce of common sense.

Woah woah woah, there is plenty of evidence, you just take a scientifical approach. Lets take a small example of discussing more open minded approach: Galileo. He proved the Earth revolves around the sun. Everybody thought that the universe revolved around the Earth. And my culture believes largely in Telepathy. This thread was NOT for opinions, it was for informing people and letting them discuss their experience. I don't ask anyone to share my opinions or beliefs.

Level 11
This thread is dumb. There are so many reasons why telepathy doesn't work/make sense, and there is no quantifiable evidence to back it.

Also the human brain uses ~20 watts in normal function. Please explain how you can generate an electromagnetic or whatever you people call it field that can move an object with 20 watts.

Point is if there actually was any scientific evidence, any real studies, even any theory that didn't completely and totally dismiss everything that we understand about the universe and the human mind, then maybe people would believe it. But really, terrible statistics (5 trials is horrible sample size) and terrible science (2% of the brain is used) aren't exactly convincing.

EDIT: also Galileo used science and math, which are derived from logic, to prove his theories.
most paranormal beliefs use a lack of scientific understanding and logical fallacies to validate themselves, which is EXTREMELY different. :\

Level 12
This thread is dumb. There are so many reasons why telepathy doesn't work/make sense, and there is no quantifiable evidence to back it.

Also the human brain uses ~20 watts in normal function. Please explain how you can generate an electromagnetic or whatever you people call it field that can move an object with 20 watts.

Point is if there actually was any scientific evidence, any real studies, even any theory that didn't completely and totally dismiss everything that we understand about the universe and the human mind, then maybe people would believe it. But really, terrible statistics (5 trials is horrible sample size) and terrible science (2% of the brain is used) aren't exactly convincing.

Yup, that is why EMP don't stop our brains from functioning.

Level 26
Woah woah woah, there is plenty of evidence, you just take a scientifical approach. Lets take a small example of discussing more open minded approach: Galileo. He proved the Earth revolves around the sun. Everybody thought that the universe revolved around the Earth. And my culture believes largely in Telepathy. This thread was NOT for opinions, it was for informing people and letting them discuss their experience. I don't ask anyone to share my opinions or beliefs.

the term is "scientific approach" not "scientifical".
Telepathy has not been proven so your horrendous analogy of galileo not only doesnt apply, but also insults the scientific community at it's core.

"this thread was not for opinions-i dont ask anyone to share my opinions"

.... now.... im confused. You say that you dont want other people to post their opinions.... you say that you dont want anyone to share YOUR opinions.... and you post this thread under the title "tutorial"

I can clearly see at least 2 logic-errors in your response.

1. if you dont want others to share your opinion.... why would you share it in the first place?
2. You did not post this topic as an opinion in the first place. you called it a tutorial and claimed that it worked. You are presenting assumptions and opinion as fact, and i for one, not only take such impudence as a waste of time, but also a direct insult to everyone's intelligence here on the hive and within a 50 kilometer radius of your house.

Level 7
the term is "scientific approach" not "scientifical".
Telepathy has not been proven so your horrendous analogy of galileo not only doesnt apply, but also insults the scientific community at it's core.

"this thread was not for opinions-i dont ask anyone to share my opinions"

.... now.... im confused. You say that you dont want other people to post their opinions.... you say that you dont want anyone to share YOUR opinions.... and you post this thread under the title "tutorial"

I can clearly see at least 2 logic-errors in your response.

1. if you dont want others to share your opinion.... why would you share it in the first place?
2. You did not post this topic as an opinion in the first place. you called it a tutorial and claimed that it worked. You are presenting assumptions and opinion as fact, and i for one, not only take such impudence as a waste of time, but also a direct insult to everyone's intelligence here on the hive and within a 50 kilometer radius of your house.

No. I said I did not ask anyone to share my belifes, is what I said, not that I don't want them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.