• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Telar's Tale, general help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telar's Tale
TelarsTales.png

This is a relatively new project, aiming to combine an involving story, strategic gameplay and a challenging, but fun experience.

Who we'll need:
Testers
- Darkdeathknight
- Light Bolt30
- Scarr
Terrainers
- Titania
- Jokemaster
Modellers/Animators
- Jokemaster
- takakenji
-
Texturers/2D Artists
-
-
[Optional]Voice Actors/Sound Editors
-
-
[Optional]Consultants
- Jokemaster
-
-
[Preferred]Triggerers
-Light Bolt30
-indomitable1319
-
[Preferred]Cinematic Directors
-indomitable1319
-
As of yet, I've already finished one small beta map to be expanded upon by anyone willing to participate.

Last edited:
Added Light Bolt30 and Darkdeathknight to the testers list.

perhaps some more info about the project will get this forum going?

Well, since you've asked so nicely, I'll be combining the higher quality of my new models with the easier to handle regular quality of WC3. For example, in the test map, I've opted to use it as a tutorial, keeping with the lower quality to conserve space.

Anyway, as far as the story goes, it's a human kingdom filled with corrupted figureheads and politicians. As the story progresses, the hero, Telar, becomes just as sick and spiteful as the people he and his fellow outlaws are fighting. In the end, after slaughtering dozens upon dozens of evil lords, Telar will meet face to face with the King, with his old comrades, the Royal Guards blocking his way.

I intend to make this project stand out from the rest, by making bossfights far more interesting than normal. Imagine assassins hopping around the map, jumping off walls, firing crossbows and such at you, or mages who teleport about, flinging their spells at you wildly. Other than all that, I intend to give each one of your twelve units their own personalities, Telar included.

Essentially, cinematic maps, or maps devoted solely to boss fights will use higher quality models, most of which I can handle myself. Cinematic models will be my responsibility, unless other modellers joining into this project can match the quality I'm aiming for.

Level 8
thats better lol. I like it but, not quite sure about the storyline. Its a good story, but it would be hard to implement into a wc3 game. Boss fights really do sound cool tho. I would be able to help with terrain r something i think. not sure tho as im helping the halo utm at the moment ^^ sounds like a good map tho

thats better lol. I like it but, not quite sure about the storyline. Its a good story, but it would be hard to implement into a wc3 game. Boss fights really do sound cool tho. I would be able to help with terrain r something i think. not sure tho as im helping the halo utm at the moment ^^ sounds like a good map tho

Well, it'll be difficult to impliment the entire thing into one map, this project is probably best done as a campaign.

Okay I looked at it a bit, and here are some things you should think about.
*Telar should have a better model that fits the other rouges, or even better the other way around. You are a special bandit group right? They should have a clan tag or something, as well as a colour. There is no need for TC in this, so you could have free-will over how they could look like. Telar's clothes are mostly black, so his team members should have black as well.
*12 members in your team, all with spells is difficult to manage. You have to remember the guy who can do so and so. I think you should bring it down to Telar, A healer/mage, A Cavlaryman, and a big Strong man who can tank, and the rest are just nameless Bandits. Or if you can, make the starter tent produce bandits/mercs, but trigger it so you get different names for your bandits. So what I mean is Make a Bandit, named Steve or something, and another called Bob with similar stats. Make a trigger when this unit is produced, it turns into Bob with 50% chance or Steve with 50% chance.
*Bigger Inventory. You start with 4~5 inventory spaces already filled with stuff. You should get someone to make an inventory system for you, So you can have more space. Also, since all your troops have names, which makes them feel a bit more "special" I think they should all have 1 or 2 inventory space as well. It wouldn't be that hard, just make an upgrade called "Issue Leather Backpacks" or something which gives the inventory space.
*Better story. I saw that Telar will tell me a story, and it shows his beginnings at the Bandit camp. Now I'm sorry if this is wrong, as I didnt put sound on to hear the voice acting, but Suddenly the mage makes a felbeast, then it dies. Later, when it says they need a hero or something, a villager comes up, dies by your bandits. I thought for a moment that I was that guy. I thought maybe thats you, as a young teen/adult, attacked by the Corrupt govent guard thingys, you fall into unconsiousness by the poison and the bandit group patches you up and adopts you. But then the body turned into a skeleton, which kinda left me puzzled, If youre going against the government, why did you let him just die?
Later when you do get to the town, there are Human guards, Felorcs, Undead and later a Deamon force. That made me really puzzled. After I kept going, I saw a mage, a boss, which was running for his life, then flame pillaring, which I could accept. But then he turns to attack my force. I thought maybe he will join the group as another hero or something, but there was no explanation that he is an enemy, so I attacked him unprepared. A lot of these thing should be explained to you, either by Telar, as the narrator, or him in that time.

Later, when it says they need a hero or something, a villager comes up, dies by your bandits. I thought for a moment that I was that guy. I thought maybe thats you, as a young teen/adult, attacked by the Corrupt govent guard thingys, you fall into unconsiousness by the poison and the bandit group patches you up and adopts you. But then the body turned into a skeleton, which kinda left me puzzled, If youre going against the government, why did you let him just die?

I tried to make it clear in the beginning that Telar was one of the Royal Guard, and his comrades bloodlust sickened him to no end, giving him the idea to join the bandits in question.

Later when you do get to the town, there are Human guards, Felorcs, Undead and later a Deamon force. That made me really puzzled. After I kept going, I saw a mage, a boss, which was running for his life, then flame pillaring, which I could accept. But then he turns to attack my force. I thought maybe he will join the group as another hero or something, but there was no explanation that he is an enemy, so I attacked him unprepared. A lot of these thing should be explained to you, either by Telar, as the narrator, or him in that time.

As for the Demons, I intend to make it clear you're in a three-pronged war now, siding with the outlaws, rather than invading Demons or the corrupt government. The Rogue Mage was running from a bunch of jailors, and Telar happens along, still wearing his Royal Guard outfit, he'd assume you were with his jailors.

About the Felbeast, I intend to turn that into a bit of a gag with the mage, in that he can't summon until the very last chapter, which puts your team at a disadvantage whenever he tries.

I'll talk to the VA, but so far I really don't to overload the map with sound clips.

I've given every single character specific abilities for both hints as to their roles in the future AND their builds in the MP version. For example, Mangroth will be a brawler with a One-Shot casting style, while Allen will be a quick-striking assassin, due to his repeating strikes. Samuel will be stuck using powerful spells with low mana costs, and lose all his striking power once out of mana.

Level 3
I'd love to give you a hand, I see you have 2 terrainers, I'm a decent one myself, so if you need help, I could help do terrain and give ideas, I'm kinda out of work currently, trying to run my own project, need triggerers for it to work, so meantime I could assist you as a terrainer and an idea man... and I noticed that you're looking for voice actors too, I could give it a go, I've voice acted once, and could use some practice, and eventually it might work out fine :) contact me :D

Level 3
Yeah, we're currently talking about it, but not idk does he want screenshots (need to download a program to preview screenies :/ on a crappy laptop currently(I don't usually work on this though)) I could add an attachment on a post here so people could see it.

Level 3
Well I think I was asked for a playable map, so I decided to upload it and either of these links hopefully work, there's just one character for the player red, and you can explore around. (I made the units and buildings bigger scale so you can run through a house, but I wouldn't make them so in the game of course) So just explore, that's something I did quite fast.

http://rapidshare.com/files/440506866/Example.w3x

http://www.4shared.com/dir/8HOgzfIv/sharing.html

Hope either of the links work.

Hey, Nice going on the Bandit thingy. They all look unique yet look like they are still part of the team.
Some problems thought that I've found
Samuel has no Portrait Cam
Telar's TC changed, I think when I turned to lvl 6, to blue (You may have done that intentionally)
Mages sleep, when others dont, either do one or the other
And Personal Opinion, Telar's Fire Pillar Should be something, Else, Like a Lightning Strike, Cos the other magician running away has it as well, and It kinda doesn't fit the animation, The animation (Telar) is cool and epic but its just a Fire Pillar.
Anyway, Big improvements, nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.