• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Techtree Contest #18 - Poll

Choose the best entry!

• Burnings Frost Souls Clan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
hive-logo-small-remoosed-png.373032

techtree-png.373694
contest-png.373719
png.373678
1-png.373674
8-png.373682

poll-png.373718

tc18-banner-png.390679

>> Download All Entries! <<

Based on Magic: the Gathering's coloured mana system, contestants were to design a faction that represented the philosophies associated with 2 colours

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
  • A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus of 5%.
  • Participating in the poll will not prevent disqualification.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement about what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 750 experience points
  • 2nd place: 600 experience points
  • 3rd place: 450 experience points
  • Entry: 150 experience points
  • Judge: 50 experience points per entrant
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.​

other_judges-png.311510

other_entries-png.311509

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Theme
How well the various elements of the Faction (including aesthetics, gameplay & design) fit together in a thematic manner such that they feel like they are representative of the given Faction, as well as that of the chosen Contest Theme. Well-fitting & polished aesthetics which complement a cohesive theme will be graded well; poorly-considered or lacking thematic elements will result in a poor score./25

Gameplay
How well the various elements of the Faction work together to achieve the tactical synergy & gameplay style the Faction has, as well as how efficiently each element performs its particular function. Strategic systems that endow an identity to the Faction, comprehensive & well-though-out roles which complement a cohesive Faction will be graded well; ill-considered, insufficient or over-compensating roles will lose points./30

Creativity
How original the design of the Faction is in terms of innovative ideas, clever implementations, or creative concepts. Innovation and creativity will be rewarded; extensive re-use of existing elements in vanilla factions & poor originality will result in a poor score./45
/100

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall conclude on 14th of February of 2021.

Assigned Staff: @Riki

Contest | Results

Attachments

• Techtree 18 Entries.rar
    86.8 MB · Views: 224
I did vote for Sentinels of Evolution, but just to be clear that the reason is I like the theme and how the faction is presented for that particular entry. It has some interesting doctrines without being bloated. Despite Aronar being much more complete, the faction style seems to be not something to my taste in addition to the gameplay being a bit tricky for me, with all respect to @FlameofChange amazing efforts for that work.

Just felt that I need to explain it since I feel uncomfortable for some reason. It's more of a personal issue of mine when I feel I am in debt and yet trying to stick to my preferences instead. In addition, this is in no way intended as an attack or anything of sorts, and I apologize if it feels as such.

Living with feeling indebted is not really good for me :(

I did vote for Sentinels of Evolution, but just to be clear that the reason is I like the theme and how the faction is presented for that particular entry. It has some interesting doctrines without being bloated. Despite Aronar being much more complete, the faction style seems to be not something to my taste in addition to the gameplay being a bit tricky for me, with all respect to @FlameofChange amazing efforts for that work.

Just felt that I need to explain it since I feel uncomfortable for some reason. It's more of a personal issue of mine when I feel I am in debt and yet trying to stick to my preferences instead. In addition, this is in no way intended as an attack or anything of sorts, and I apologize if it feels as such.

Living with feeling indebted is not really good for me :(
Is this the birth of the "Daffa-filter" techtree meme ? :ogre_hurrhurr:

Next time I'll make it even more harder to handle so I would handicap myself, because I'm so strong at making techtrees even if it's the first time I relase one in a contest :ogre_hurrhurr:

In the judge points there's would be a criteria for complexity, from 0 to FlameofChange :ogre_hurrhurr:

"Nooooooo my faction is better made ! It have more lore and complexity than your casual race ! Go finish the campaign in normal mode before attempting to create something coherent reeeeeee:ogre_rage:
- Ahah blood elf siege goes brrrrrrr"
:peasant-smile:
That is fair game, me and my autistic factions are still rough on the edges

Is this the birth of the "Daffa-filter" techtree meme ? :ogre_hurrhurr:

Next time I'll make it even more harder to handle so I would handicap myself, because I'm so strong at making techtrees even if it's the first time I relase one in a contest :ogre_hurrhurr:

In the judge points there's would be a criteria for complexity, from 0 to FlameofChange :ogre_hurrhurr:

"Nooooooo my faction is better made ! It have more lore and complexity than your casual race ! Go finish the campaign in normal mode before attempting to create something coherent reeeeeee:ogre_rage:
- Ahah blood elf siege goes brrrrrrr"
:peasant-smile:
That is fair game, me and my autistic factions are still rough on the edges
If the challenge section still exist, maybe? :D

more than 4 months for assessment is an exaggerated lot, for another techtree contest should be good if there will be time limit for assessment too, like 1 month
Kam already submitted his, so I guess asking @Spellbound and @Wazzz for their results? @Riki seems to be offline since late April as well.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Riki was handling this Contest so I didn't say anything, but it's been brought to my attention that Riki has been MIA for a bit so it was decided I should step in.

I have gathered all 3 Judgements from our Judges, and will be organizing it all together, doing the math, prepping the Results thread, and releasing the Results here Soon (tm).

Thanks for your patience.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Double-posting BECAUSE I HAVE ULTIMATE POWER AS MOD for a good cause:

It's not the prettiest Results page I've ever done... But I figured after 4 months you guys were probably less concerned with aesthetics & more concerned with just getting it over with. x )
(can't believe I actually finished in time...)

/Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.