• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Matchmaking - HC8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Back to Contest Thread

Welcome to the Team Matchmaking thread! The following are a list of users who have either posted here or contacted me with their Team for the 8th Hero Contest:

Team Name
ArtistCoder

Proxby-Oh
PROXYKyrbi0

The Flaming Skull of Waddles
DirefuryKILLCIDE

This is not a Team
FreddykCokemonkey11

CockroachesInYourPants
HappyCockroachQuilnez

---
Stefan.KPyrogasm

Special Ops
A.R.Tank-Commander

Dat-S?
HayateDat-C3

-
--

-
--
When you figure out who your partner is going to be and you're both decided, you can come up with a SFW name for your team (doesn't have to be fancy, just for fun) and then tell me about your team! I'll add you to the list in this thread. It'll help me a lot for organizing and figuring stuff out later to have a complete list.

You can use this thread as a means to find team members or to advertise yourself to others. Please use the main thread to discuss the rules, show WIPs, or do anything else Contest-related.

The following is a table of people who have posted in this thread looking for a teammate:

Name
Artist?Coder?

Kyrbi0
X

Direfury
X

PROXY
X

Cokemonkey11
X

KILLCIDE
X

Empirean
X

pick-a-chew
X

Quilnez
X

xxdingo93xx
X

Freddyk
X

HappyCockroach
X

Stefan.K
X

Rheiko
X

A.R.
X

Tank-Commander
X

Hayate
X

Dat-C3
X

Yammamoto
X

Pyrogasm
X

Darkwulfv
X

NAME
XX

(Credits to RisingDusk for his formatting & word-choice)

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Hi,

I am a coder looking for an artist partner.

I am a very efficient hero designer and programmer.

If you want to win this contest, send me a message pointing to some of your artwork. If you *don't* have any public resources already, I will still consider you as a partner :)

I am looking for someone efficient and confident, who can work almost entirely alone (as I have almost no ability to judge artistic work). I'm also interested in someone who is comfortable with the fact that my half of the work will be done in the first half of the contest, and I will most likely not be contactable in August.

Regards,

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hmm, hive seems to have a surplus of coders for contests.
That's funny; the Hive was always known as the haven for artists (as compared to Wc3C's massive coder-base).

Whether or not that's still true, I think it's mostly because these kind of Contests tend to attract coders/designers, so it's you guys that noticed a new one & cared. The fact that it's Joint may have escaped some; nothing stopping you from getting out there & contacting artists yourself! : )

Spread the word & let's get people aware.

Hmm, hive seems to have a surplus of coders for contests.

It's the other way around. It's just that Hero Contests and Techtree ones attract(for obvious reasons) more coders.

That's funny; the Hive was always known as the haven for artists (as compared to Wc3C's massive coder-base).
True, but back in the haydays of wc3c.net even those few artists that frequented it were pretty darn good.
Just to name a few of them that were rocking the roof: erwtenpeller, Dionesiist(yep, got skilled there and came here), Nirvana(still loving that pumpkin lich), camel's hump(yep, anyone remember WotTH project that never came?), Rising_Dusk(albeit more of an acclaimed critic there), AnemicRoyalty(were you at?), Mc !, olofmoleman(sweet SW), TDR(rip), and so on.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
True, but back in the haydays of wc3c.net even those few artists that frequented it were pretty darn good.
Just to name a few of them that were rocking the roof: erwtenpeller, Dionesiist(yep, got skilled there and came here), Nirvana(still loving that pumpkin lich), camel's hump(yep, anyone remember WotTH project that never came?), Rising_Dusk(albeit more of an acclaimed critic there), AnemicRoyalty(were you at?), Mc !, olofmoleman(sweet SW), TDR(rip), and so on.
Oh sure, I never said they weren't talented. Like you said, what few artists we had, they rocked socks... But it's the Hive that always had the surplus of artists (of all sorts of quality).

Level 13
Is a good point though; what do the coders that can't find an artist do? Can't enter? I don't really know any modelers here personally, and i'm getting the feeling that this competition favors the hive elite (i.e. the well-known) and not people like me who come and ago so sporadically that we're basically nobodies :p ... do i create a thread somewhere begging someone to pair up with me?!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well, it's not meant for the 'elite'; with any luck we'll get some artists in the coming days/weeks to help us out.

A thread? Meh. A series of PMs, public pronouncements in the art forums, speaking up on model resources that have been submitted...

Level 22
If i understand well the contest, the "coder" is also the "designer", meaning he chooses the theme and defines the concept of the hero.

I could be interested in entering this contest as an artist, so feel free to message me and explain your concept if you are looking for a teammate.
I would do mainly a custom model, with a few custom animations (just like my uploaded ressources).
I "can" do other assets if necessary (effect, icon...) but I am not necessarily good at it :)

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Welcome to the Team Matchmaking thread!

Hi, Freddyk and I have joined forces.

If i understand well the contest, the "coder" is also the "designer", meaning he chooses the theme and defines the concept of the hero.

I could be interested in entering this contest as an artist, so feel free to message me and explain your concept if you are looking for a teammate.
I would do mainly a custom model, with a few custom animations (just like my uploaded ressources).
I "can" do other assets if necessary (effect, icon...) but I am not necessarily good at it

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Cokemonkey11 said:
If you want to win this contest,...
Lawl. Never change, man.

Not necessarily. While it's true most of the 'coders' are the same people who were doing all the work (planning/designing/coding/etc) in previous Hero Contests (and so they might be tempted to do it all in this one), anyone who's done a team project can tell you it's important to communicate & share ideas. Especially when it comes to art (in my opinion), as the art can often shape the direction of the design (& vice versa).

Freddyk said:
I "can" do other assets if necessary (effect, icon...) but I am not necessarily good at it :)
Awexome, added! You're work is pretty amazing, so whoever pairs with you is a lucky...

Hi, Freddyk and I have joined forces.
... man. Welp, that was fast.

ehh ya, about that. can i create the hero and the spells and just wait for an artist for the models is it allowed or i need an "ally" first before i can start on this?
Well, it's not optionally paired, so you'll need an artist. However, if you want to get started, I don't know of any rule that says you can't.

Definitely start putting feelers out there!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Awexome! We already have 5 teams; any more & we'll actually have to use the Poll option. Please keep 'em coming!

Artists, especially, come on out of the woodwork! We got loads of talented Coders just looking for a bite. : )

I NEED TEAM NAMES, ya scallywags. Doesn't have to be serious, just give me something fun/cool/silly to work with. : )

Level 50
because you guys are going for second place? Nice one!
Silver is our secret recipe. ;)
Anyway, here's a wip for our entry. Need to finish some little things and then rig it and give it animations.

Attachments

• Medivh.png
    Medivh.png
    724.6 KB · Views: 122

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Several of you asked some great questions or made great comments, that are much more fitting in the main Hero Contest thread. This thread is specifically for Team Matchmaking; help us not let it become too bloated by posting there instead. : ) I've responded to your comments there.

Kyrbi0 - My Team's name is "The Silver Knights" :D
Done-aroo, thanks!

because you guys are going for second place? Nice one!
Lol, the salt-sowing is real.

Our team name: CockroachesInYourPants

Deal with it
Done-arino, thanks!

I suppose I'll officially throw my hat in the ring as looking for somebody to team up with.

I have a number of ideas for this (though most require some "advanced" animations) will need a bit of tidying up and refinement
Not to say I'm not open to different ideas, just think mine could be a winner if done right with a high-quality model

Edit: Finished coming up with one I'm particularly fond of (aforementioned animation skill would be very important to doing it right though)

Last edited:
Ello, It seems that Dat-C3 is interested in joining with me but im not sure
Im an artist, I make 3D model, and i can actually make basic spell, some simple MUI triggering I guess, not really pro, Not sure would be enough to be qualify to be "coder" but been itching to play with triggering, been a long time since i touched that :p

Any coder interested to share a cup of Tea with me?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Ello, It seems that Dat-C3 is interested in joining with me but im not sure
Im an artist, I make 3D model, and i can actually make basic spell, some simple MUI triggering I guess, not really pro, Not sure would be enough to be qualify to be "coder" but been itching to play with triggering, been a long time since i touched that :p

Any coder interested to share a cup of Tea with me?
Well as per the Contest guidelines, "if you are able to do both, don't; pick one & find a team-mate to do the other". So if you want to code, feel free... But since we have a dearth of artists, you're probably better served joining up with one of the poor coders (on the list). : )

Level 39
Hey fellas-- after many years away from wc3 modding darkwulfv and I were planning to have some fun with this contest for old time's sake. Turns out he's a lazy motherfucker and after a couple days of PMs I haven't been able to get ahold of him here or at wc3c. Was waiting to see if he'd resurface to actually make a model for our hero, but it appears he's not actually gonna do that.

I waited as long as I could but now I'm just gonna go ahead and finish up my half of our hero using in-game art and see how that turns out. I know that's not exactly in the spirit of the contest, but I believe I have Kyrbi0's blessing in this because he wants to see what I'll make.

Status
Not open for further replies.