• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team Discussion

Level 25
David Baird (Eagle771) is a good dedicated BETA Tester for Wc3:WoW and does BETA Testing for a living. So, if you need any testing done and bugs to be reported, Dave can get 'em done whenever you need it done. Just letting you know since he's been very effective.

Level 21
No problem. Great to hear you're back. How do you think you did with those horrendous exams?
Dunno...

Once Eleandor is done triggering everything (fixing bugs, interface add-ons, etc.) I'll be doing hardcore terrain work.
Well, you can do terraining too now. I'm currently mainly working on the systems outside the campaign (faster to work this way) so when I'll be implementing the systems in the campaign I'll let you know so you can send me an updated version (with the terrains updated).

Another attempt at photoshop... Don't know if the cobble path texture is good enough or if it's even necessary.

Ground tile.jpg

Level 25
Hmm... needs more of a brownish color (well, a color that blends with that tan dirt tiles for Mulgore you see placed around the path) more-so around the edges of the tile to make it blend better with the dirt.

Here are some reference images for you:
I hope those references help you. Shows that you should add a bit of a dirt detail to the stones as well (but don't overload on the ones that are in the center). Good luck!

Oh and as for terraining, I didn't terrain other areas because I thought you were triggering stuff IN the maps, such as bug fixing. But if it's all outside of the campaign type stuff, then yeah, I'll get my ass to work then!

Level 25
Eleandor, can you please send me those tiles you've made. I'd like to put them to good use.

Still working on Orgrimmar and Valley of Trials. I know, it's taking forever! But I need more models to get Orgrimmar done and Valley of Trials is a kind of confusing area to make since a lot of it looks alike in the videos I've recorded. Will get my ass to work hardcore today probably though. Might even release some in-game Orgrimmar screenshots too.

[EDIT]:
Condemned Entertainment has a ventrilo channel hosted by General Ray's ventrilo server. I'm usually in there when I'm around. If you ever wanna pop in, the ventrilo information is listed below:

Hostname/IP - 208.122.45.110
Port - 5813
Password - waldo99 (or just waldo... I forgot :p)

Last edited:
Level 25
Shamanyouranus: Fix your modeling program(s) so you can finally make something we need!

Yixx: Rename the "WoW - Retaliation" map in Wc3:WoW to K-Orgrimmar and delete the other Orgrimmar map (the Orgrimmar we don't need is a really small map compared to the new one, you'll know when you check)

Also, Catze, leader of WoW Arena Allstars, sent me an unprotected version of his map for us to check out his spells and stuff. I think a lot of it is in GUI, but there's code as well. Here's some stuff he said:

Catze said:
you can download 3.3 unprotected here: Ben2k.com
ps its really messy because of the max code problem, i put lots of actions in the same trigger to make the code smaller, e.g. under spells category theres a trigger called "allspells" and in there theres alot of stuff etc...

Last edited:
Level 25
Back from vacation. Did no work on the terrain since I can't figure out the patch switcher tool. I'll be busy this week with school again and other stuff, so it's your turn to work on the campaign and making it 1.24 compatible, Yixx.

Level 25
In World of Warcraft, players gain some experience when they discover a part of a map for the first time. This is a very small and easy-to-do system I am sure, but I think it'd be a lot easier if we wait until I finish the terrain of at least two maps for Wc3:WoW.

Level 25
* I imported a bunch of new spell effects and attachment items and a few doodads, but I deleted some useless files too.

* Went into the 1.23 version of my Wc3:WoW Orgrimmar and Mulgore, deleted all triggers, and moved them to the 1.24 version you sent me. (My Orgrimmar and Mulgore have more terrain details)

* Renamed "WoW - Retaliation.w3x" map to "K-Du-Orgrimmar.w3x"

I uploaded some buttons and a couple pictures of the character screen. There's an image that show what it looks like when you click Create a Character and another one that shows what it looks like right when you log into World of Warcraft and have no characters created yet. The images are not .tga, sorry. Made them .png instead by accident, but at least you can see them for yourself. If you need a program to make them .tga, GIMP 2 is a lot like Photoshop, but it's free. Also, you might want to crop the buttons and stuff a bit better. Not sure.

Attachments

• Wc3WoW Character Creation UI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Level 25
It has been about a week since the last report of any progress for Wc3:WoW. I think it's about time we say our quick break is over and get some work done. This weekend I will be working on some minimal details on Mulgore and possibly on Durotar as well, but I might do some major details as well...

For models, I need Shamanyouranus' new iron braizer he showed me in my profile and whatever else our modelers can create for Wc3:WoW. Even character models would be handy - but I'll leave such up to Mulgrim if he's really with us.

Yixx still has computer problems I think and he kind of needed a break anyway, so I'm not too worried about that. However, I'd like him to get back to work as soon as he gets his issue resolved so I can report to the public ever more good progress. Plus, we just really gotta get this damn character creation system done! I might get Mulgrim to do us a player model with some attachment facial features to start experimenting with in our system.