• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Do you agree with my opinion?

• Yeh

• neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Logo.jpg

Features
Brand New World and Lore
Over 100 new abilities for Heros and units
Boss Battles
Interactive Storyline

Storyline
An uneasy alliance has always existed between the Kingdom of Silventria, the State of Milrein, and the Dukedom of Nesmene, however in the recent times rebels began to besiege Milrein looking to wreck chaos and overthrow its leadership, the Kingdom of Silventria pledged to assist its ally and thus is sending some of its forces to fight alongside its northern neighbor to deal with these rebels and bring peace to the continent once again.

World
The story takes place on a yet not named world, the world map is below, the story starts on the main continent which is right in the middle
map.jpg

Characters

Etrious
E.jpg

A young soldier from the Kingdom of Silventria who is about to pass his final trial before being send off to the frontlines to serve as one of the commanders of the allied forces.

Master Yanes
archmage.gif

The wind wielder in charge of training Etrious, is very experienced in Aeromancy and is one of the Kingdom's wisest and most talented Mages.

Lady Keose
l.jpg

A very skilled archer in the Silventrian army, she is being sent to fight the rebels alongside the allied troops.

Eliver the Diviner
El.jpg

One of the leaders of the Rebel forces, it is said that Eliver can not only remotely view happening all over the continent, but can see into the future as well. Although these are usually brushed off as mere rumors among the allied forces, many events have transpired that add more and more credibility to the various stories about Eliver.

Lady Dioneve
LD.jpg

A powerful necromancer who serves as one of the generals of the Rebel forces, it is said that she raised a whole company of soldiers to fight their formal comrades.

Lord Peradale
P.jpg

A powerful mages who serves as one of the generals of Rebel forces, not much else is known about the mage who wears a dark cloak.

Pictures
P1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Gameplay Videos

Support

You can support this project by proposing various ideas and giving reputation points

Other

Under Development

Attachments

• Tales of Silventria Alpha Demo V.01.w3n
    1 MB · Views: 539
Last edited:
Level 12
Always been a fan of fictional story/setting campaigns. Lets see how this one turns out to be. You can expect me to closely watch and examine the updates. Good luck with it and make sure to deliver something awesome our way!

Honestly, I didn't enjoy a lot. Terrain is a quite empty, the paladin hero seems to be invulnerable at the start for some reason. When I got the library key, it won't open the library gate. Also you want to reset the camera after the cinematic. Felt boring because of lacking terrain, too much of original assets and no proper prologue, but it also be me that I'm not much into wc3 rpgs.

Level 11
The thing with the library gate is that if the hero who doesn't hold the key enters the area first you have to wait 5 seconds and allow the other hero to enter the area close to the door...that's just how the trigger works...I'll look into why the paladin hero was invulnerable at the start....also this isn't how the whole campaign is...it's just one mission and I needed it tested to weed out any bugs...infact this is like the 5th or 6th mission of the campaign...

-Update-

Camera reset after dialogue

I could not find a problem with the Paladin

Last edited:
Level 12
Alright, as promised beforehand, I played your campaign for a bit right when I got home from work.

Well, to be straight-forward with my opinion, what was released at the state of me playing it seemed more like a "community patience test" to check how much you can handle watching units swing weapons at each other, rather than an actual playable map or furthermore a campaign, but with slight improvements such as bearded Paladin being invincible. Right from the start I had my Arthas (easier to call him that name) killed twice and had to restart, he took ridiculous amount of damage from those first guards, whereas Paladin solo'ed them without a single health drop.

Now, I have to say that I love the idea behind the chapter story-line. Somewhat reminds me of that thingy where in Warcraft II (I believe) heroes were raiding Karazhan Tower in order to kill Medivh, thus beheading him. Other than that, there is a lot work left to be done and this "release", to put it like that, was too soon for us to actually see or experience anything. As stated above, I managed to last for 20 minutes (call me crazy) of straight sending bearded Paladin into the fray and having Arthas pick his nose behind the mighty gladiator.

I suppose I'll give this another shot when more work is released and diversity actually becomes existent. Under no circumstances take my "review" as negative, nor consider it flaming, I am merely stating my sight towards what was shown before my eyes and given for testing. It's simply too soon for it to be actually tested and experienced. As stated in all my posts, keep up the good work mate - cheers!

Level 2
The idea of your campaign is very interesting but about the gameplay, may I suggest a different colour like light blue since it will look more appealing and if you can, prolonging the cinematic will be a huge boost for the campaign. As it have mentioned before, the huge difference between 2 heroes is quite...big and maybe the use of auras instead of magic resistance or armour boost will make the gameplay even greater. It is obvious that you will be the one who give the final call but I think that my suggestion may help your project to be as good as others on this site.

The terrain you showed looks rather boring and uninspiring. Not that I would make much better, but those houses hardly fit with that tileset, if you are using those buildings as houses, then better use village tileset for that. For cityscape, some more arcane or something in greek style for buildings would fit more, depends whats the city's purpose. Also you want to add more props around, like various junk, lamp posts and specific buildings (like market).

Level 11
The idea of your campaign is very interesting but about the gameplay, may I suggest a different colour like light blue since it will look more appealing and if you can, prolonging the cinematic will be a huge boost for the campaign. As it have mentioned before, the huge difference between 2 heroes is quite...big and maybe the use of auras instead of magic resistance or armour boost will make the gameplay even greater. It is obvious that you will be the one who give the final call but I think that my suggestion may help your project to be as good as others on this site.

I will extend the cinematic, this is just an alpha which needs testing and will be revised many times, different color for the player or for the enemy? and why would this make it more appealing? And yes I'm planning to change the weaker hero's skills to make him stronger

Level 5
I've played your demo, and I gotta say it's just monotones combat, just killing the guards and that's it...its boring, although I like the level design and and the way you implemented some things within the mission...u got lots to improve before this could be considered good

Level 11
I've played your demo, and I gotta say it's just monotones combat, just killing the guards and that's it...its boring, although I like the level design and and the way you implemented some things within the mission...u got lots to improve before this could be considered good

I understand but this mission is required for the storyline, and if you attack any council especially the mage one you're gonna have to deal with lots of guards....thats just how it goes....and instead of writing the obvious how about giving some positive criticism that could help me improve this map, rather than just saying i have to improve it

Level 2
I will extend the cinematic, this is just an alpha which needs testing and will be revised many times, different color for the player or for the enemy? and why would this make it more appealing? And yes I'm planning to change the weaker hero's skills to make him stronger
Change the colour of the player from red to light blue because it looks...good? You try it and you may see what I mean but aside from that, I think people have already said where your campaign could be improved so please continue the good work:)

Level 9
I'll add more to the terrain, that was just the work in progress,

For those of you that played, how do you like Lord Noren's (the older paladin) abilities?

Lord Noren is really overpowered, while the other Paladin's ability set is kinda weak, i would suggest you either nerf Noren, or buff up the other paladin, for example by giving him stronger attacks, an aura, or maybe just upping his stats

I kinda understand that you made noren that way so it can be a breeze going through all those guards...but the characters need to be more balanced,, e.g. you can allow noren to be stronger (lots of hp, high armor) while giving the other paladin some really strong attacks. So one would be the tank while the other the main attacker, just my thoughts,

keep up the good work

Level 12
Considering how I am making my own campaign/projects for Warcraft III (with minimal amount of release though, they usually end up collecting dust), my suggestion would be to make a really small difference between units and heroes, and actually force people to use brains when playing. For example, my campaign in progress has HP values around 80-200 hp, with good amount of armor though, but damages are set to be around 10-30. So you can pretty much do the math that combat requires players to consider which units they send and when they do it. On top of that, there are a lot of restrictions when it comes to units, one of which is catapults being able to hit only buildings, whereas melee or ranged regular units cannot attack buildings.

Use your creativity and keep the differences at minimum, try to work a sequence where everything seems equal and balanced. Sometimes something simple is more attractive than tons of diversity. All up to you though, of course, but here I am giving my two cents regarding the superman paladin you mentioned. Much better to have them smaller and so on.

Here are some examples of what I meant:

1.png
2.png

As you can see, health points are a bit over the top on these screens, but those are only for balance purposes - trying to get a standard on which I'll base rest of the units. I love to make my projects in a way where everything seen in game is made custom from scratch, including units, doodads, trees and so on. Takes shit-loads of planning before making it happen, but eventually everything fits nicely together.

Level 11
@Razorfang I'll likely do just that...make Noren the tank, while giving Etrious all the damaging spells, seems like a good idea

@PrinceOfThaWest The chapter is meant so that you have to beat a hell of guards and other units using only 2 Heroes, I can't have it so that the units and the heroes are on the same level for this particular chapter, I'll however consider your advice when making other mission

Did any of you get to floor 2 and floor 3? I'd like some feedback regarding that plz

Level 11
You basically create a region that is proportional to the total dimensions of the map, for a 224 x 224 its 9728 width by 10240 length I believe, then u create a trigger

Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player to Region 000 <gen>

In the map I've created several regions of this size, and simply switched between them, however one drawback to this is that the mini map will be messed up

I case you're wondering here are the coordinates for the regions

Bottom Left
Left: -12928
Right: -3200
Bottom: -13696
Top: -3456

Top Left
Left: -13472
Right: -3744
Bottom: 2272
Top: 12512

Top Right
Left: 3328
Right: 13056
Bottom: 2816
Top: 13056

Bottom Right (not used)
Bottom: -13568
Top: -3328

Last edited:
Level 11
@Colonel Aster and @Razorfang

Ok, here is the list of elite units (so far)
(I would put this in the profile but it has a word limit)

Name: Spectral Knight
Abilities: Resistant skin, Spell Immunity, (possibly Evasion with a 20% chance to evade an attack)
HP: 1250
Regeneration rate: 0.5
Regeneration type: always
Mana: n/a
Mana regeneration: n/a
Food cost: 6
Gold cost: (not sure yet)
Build time: (not sure yet)
Lumber cost: (not sure yet)
Armor Type: Heavy
Armor Base: 9
Armor Upgrades: (not sure yet)
Attack 1 targets: Ground
Attack 1 range: 100
Attack 1 Type: Chaos
Attack 1 damage: 48 - 52
Attack 1 cooldown: 1.50
Attack 1 Upgrades: (not sure yet)
Attack 2 targets: air
Attack 2 range: 500
Attack 2 type: Chaos
attack 2 damage: 50 - 58
Attack 2 cooldown: 2.13
Attack 2 Upgrades: (not sure yet)
Movement Speed: 320

Name: Zephyr
Abilities: Resistant Armor (same as resistant skin, Magical resistance (Reduce spell and magic damage by 25%), (possibly other abilities)
HP: 1080
Regeneration rate: 0.42
Food cost: 5
Armor Base: 6
Attack 1 Type: Normal
Attack 1 damage: 48 - 48
Attack 1 cooldown: 1.00
Attack 2 targets: air
Attack 2 range: 500
Attack 2 type: Pierce
attack 2 damage: 46 - 54
Attack 2 cooldown: 2.13
Attack 2 Upgrades: (not sure yet)
Movement Speed: 270

Name: Blackwolf
Abilities: Ensnare, Advanced Training (15% to do 2x the damage, 14% to dodge an attack), Arcanite Plating (Reduces damage taken by piercing by 25% and spells & magic by 15%), Shadowmeld
HP: 700
Regeneration rate: 0.25
Food cost: 3
Armor Base: 4
Attack 1 damage: 27 - 33
Attack 1 cooldown: 1.20
Attack 2 targets: n/a
Attack 2 range: n/a
Attack 2 type: n/a
attack 2 damage: n/a
Attack 2 cooldown: n/a
Attack 2 Upgrades: n/a

IronGuard
Abilities: Resistant Armor(same as resistant skin), Hardened Armor (same as hardened skin, but reduces damage by 6)
HP: 1225
Food cost: 5?
Armor Base: 7
Attack 1 damage: 43 - 52
Attack 1 cooldown: 1.55

Captain (The ones in the alpha map)
Abilities: Resistant Armor(same as resistant skin), Command aura (15%), True Sight, Magical Resistance(Reduce spell and magic damage by 25%), Ray of Disruption, Chaos strike (150 damage and reduce attack & movement speed by 30% for 20 seconds)
HP: 950
Mana: 500
Mana regeneration: 0.67
Food cost: 6
Armor Base: 5
Attack 1 damage: 35 - 39

Elite Guard (The ones in the alpha map)
Abilities: Resistant Armor(same as resistant skin), Magical Resistance(Reduce spell and magic damage by 25%), True Sight Purge, Wane (reduces attack damage by 20% and armor by 4 for 20 seconds)
HP: 875
Mana: 350
Mana regeneration: 0.67
Food cost: 5
Armor Base: 5
Attack 1 damage: 29 - 36

The way it's made is that spectral knight will win against all other units 100% of the time
Zephyr will win against all units except spectral knight 100% of the time because their attack cooldown is 1.00 , much less than the other units, not because they do more damage (they also have a greater regeneration rate)
Spectral knight and Zephyrs can both fight against air unit, while Blackwolfs can ensnare air units, captains can use chaos strike to damage air units (but they'll never get to face any)
Blackwolfs are like special forces in the since that they are designed to attack and do covert missions rather then defend
also Colonel I like your suggestion regarding the camouflage troops, I will see what what ideas I can come up with, give suggestions if you can

Level 10
Ok, what about the crusader unit you mentioned that was good against both units and buildings

also u forgot the wendigo unit [the one with the wendigo model] whatever you call them, wasnt that considered an elite unit
i will pm or email you other ideas, and dont forget about the spellcaster unit,

Level 16
I have played the demo and beat it, I had to use cheats to beat the final boss, here is some of my insight:

Make a longer intro

Balance the Heroes out: Make the older paladin the "tank" essentially take away his spell abilities while giving him strong passive skills to allow him to receive copious amounts of damage and survive it, make the younger paladin the spellcaster and damager, give him some damaging spells and keep his healing ability, that way there will be balance between the two

As I understand the Iron Giants on the 2nd are vulnerable to dispel, give the hero some dispel items for going out of his way on the first floor to make the 2nd floor easier

The mass of units in the "cafeteria area" (the left area you have to go into at the start of the 2nd to get the key to the right area is filled with tons of units and tons of priests that heal them, reduce the units in this area otherwise its very hard to beat

Give units more dialogue

Create a boss somewhere mid-level to make it more exciting, like lets say a boss that's the leader of the guards

make the final boss less difficult

use more custom units

Those are my suggestions so far, I can add more if you want

I can also play-test other maps if you want, I like playing these sorts of maps and having a say in what goes into them

Level 16
Ok, regarding those elite units, why don't you make an elite sniper type of unit, like the unit would be weak, but it would have a very high chance of eliminating non-hero units from far away because of a critical strike like ability

Level 1
lets see i was gonna write a list of suggestions but Siler manager to mention pretty much everything which i was gonna put into words, the only thing else i though would be to make less guards so the battle is more easier

Level 9
You basically create a region that is proportional to the total dimensions of the map, for a 224 x 224 its 9728 width by 10240 length I believe, then u create a trigger

Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player to Region 000 <gen>

In the map I've created several regions of this size, and simply switched between them, however one drawback to this is that the mini map will be messed up

I case you're wondering here are the coordinates for the regions

Bottom Left
Left: -12928
Right: -3200
Bottom: -13696
Top: -3456

Top Left
Left: -13472
Right: -3744
Bottom: 2272
Top: 12512

Top Right
Bottom: 2816
Top: 13056

Bottom Right (not used)
Bottom: -13568
Top: -3328

K, how exactly would you use that information? To me its just a bunch of random coordinates

Level 16
K, how exactly would you use that information? To me its just a bunch of random coordinates

Every region is defined by four (4) coordinates, these are left, right top bottom. The Left defines the farthest extend to the left, Right defines the furthest extend to the right, etc.

In order to divide the map into subparts you need to make regions that are proportional in size to the total map size, and then focus the camera bounds on these regions. What Blake was trying to say is those are the coordinates for four regions which are proportional to a map whose size is 224 by 224.

if it seems too technical just ignore it as you will likely never have to use this

I know about this because I tried something similar to this before, only in my case it was supposed to be that the final boss battle took place within one region while the other region was the rest of the level

hope that helps

Level 9
Every region is defined by four (4) coordinates, these are left, right top bottom. The Left defines the farthest extend to the left, Right defines the furthest extend to the right, etc.

In order to divide the map into subparts you need to make regions that are proportional in size to the total map size, and then focus the camera bounds on these regions. What Blake was trying to say is those are the coordinates for four regions which are proportional to a map whose size is 224 by 224.

if it seems too technical just ignore it as you will likely never have to use this

I know about this because I tried something similar to this before, only in my case it was supposed to be that the final boss battle took place within one region while the other region was the rest of the level

hope that helps

why are some of the coordinates negative?

Level 16
why are some of the coordinates negative?

Suppose you divide the map in two vertically at the center of it, all points to the right of the center will be positive while all the ones to the left are negative

Same goes for dividing the map horizontally anything above this line has a positive value and everything below it has a negative one

its like an xy coordinate chart with 0,0 being the center

Level 16
@Blake8
Here are the blitzkrieg scripts

• Timer
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set time of day speed to 0.00% of the default speed
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 9000.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer with title Time remaining
  • Time of day
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Set the time of day to (15.50 + ((Elapsed time for Timer) / 3600.00))
You want it set to 2.5 hours right?

Level 11
Ok, what about the crusader unit you mentioned that was good against both units and buildings

also u forgot the wendigo unit [the one with the wendigo model] whatever you call them, wasnt that considered an elite unit
i will pm or email you other ideas, and dont forget about the spellcaster unit,

The crusader was meant to be a strong Gnoll unit, it has two attacks one is normal for just ground units, the other is siege and is used against buildings, I thought about making a human crusader unit but it would be too OP, and I have enough elite units already, the Wendigo unit is just an upgraded standard heavy unit with resistant skin, it has almost exactly the same amount of hp as the regular one, as far as the spellcaster thing I'm still working on that, I need to find a nice model and balance the unit right, its supposed to be like a "battle mage" tough as hell but also casts powerful spells

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.