• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Do you agree with my opinion?

• Yeh

• neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Letme guess.... from the picture of that 3 cities... Silverenta is the one with the castle.... Milirean(or something) is the one with the port and that dukedom is that arcane observatory on the mountain.. emiright?

Level 16
@Leo Akastenix
Everything in that pic is Silventria

From what Blake told me

Silventria - Everything in focus at 0:15

Milrein - Everything shown at 0:32

Nesmene - The castle and town shown ontop the icy mountain at 0:35

Level 16
So that is the world map... interesting...
Part of the world map, there are other continents also

Blake showed me a map of another continent, its inhabited by some smaller nations, murlocs, forest druids, satyr and other creatures

world map

map-jpg.261387

Level 16
He said it wasn't big enough...Idk man, I have my idea, Blake has his, I try to compromise...he just wants everything the way he sees it

Level 16
He wants a huge battle in which you get like 200 food and get to use everything in your arsenal, at the same time he wants to make sure that the player cannot win by building a large air force and throwing a huge raid at the HQ building

Level 16
well what I had in mind is simply giving the HQ a special armor type which cannot be damaged by magic, or piercing attacks (the two of the most common attack types of aerial units) I don't think the side the player is playing as will have any aerial units with siege or any other attack types

Level 16
It's a long level, you start at the southern tip and have to progress through enemy lines to the HQ at the northern tip, basically for this to happen the player would have to air raid and destroy all the bases on the way to HQ

Level 16
From what blake mentioned the map is pretty flat, the HQ and the surrounding base is on a hill but everything else is on flatground, but there are lakes and mountains running through the map

Level 16
From a level in another game, but I think this is a very good idea for a final level, we just have to figure out all the minor details and it will be epic

Level 9
wow originally I thought it would be like twilight of the gods only backwards, with you (the player) going up a mountain and having to go through many enemy bases

Level 16
lol I imagined something very similar originally but I stand behind Blake's idea...we just have to straighten out a few things and it will be good

Level 16
Thanks, we're making different maps for each continent, here is a preview of what the main continent looks like

Last edited:
Level 11
I always thought that a world map would enhance the feel of the campaign, otherwise you just hear names of place and have no idea how where things are going down, I mean look at Shar's Arkain series, it would be so much better if he had a map of the world, yet he doesnt even have a simple sketch of it, kind of a shame really

Level 6
Ok so I beat the mission not too long ago, heres what i think: overall the map has a nice design, i really liked how you have 3 floors to explore and the layout is pretty neat, feels like a puzzle with battles thrown in, however the heroes are not balanced the older paladin is pretty much invulnerable while the one with the arthas model goes down way too fast, you may want to balance them out. I feel like youre just pushed into the mission, you need to make a much longer intro telling us whats going on. Make some sort of sidequest for instance those "iron giants" on the 2nd floor take enormous damage from dispells, create a sidequest to find dispel stones or something similar. There are unused rooms on the 1st i suggest you use them for the wide quests. The area on the 2nd floor filled with priests and soldiers is really brutal i suggest you lower their numbers. That councilman with the thorns aura and the 2 giants give you quite a beatdown, up to you what to do there. I feel like that archmage battle would be been more appropriate somewhere in the middle of the level, but that's up to you. You may also want to reduce the number of guards unless youre trying to make it a real pain to get past them. There is also way too much room to fight the demon so your heroes can run away, is this intentional? Demons abilities make him pretty op, especially his aura (good creativity there :) ) I also really liked how you have to find a spellbook to disenchant the stairwell door, again very unique. It could become a great mission if you just polish it up

Status
Not open for further replies.