Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Tales Of The Alliance

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Footman16, Apr 27, 2013.

?

Which campaign should I start work on next

1. Human & Worgen

43.2%
  2. High Elf

23.9%
  3. Draenei

16.2%
  4. Dwarf & Gnome

13.7%
  5. Other (Give suggestions of an Alliance race not already mentioned)

3.0%
  1. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    An Alliance Campaign
    [​IMG]
    By Footman16

Tales of the Alliance
    [​IMG]
    This is an idea of mine to create a series of campaigns about the Alliance which will follow the story of each Alliance race in their independent struggles. The races in each campaign will be: Draenei, Human & Worgen, Dwarf & Gnome, High Elf, Night Elf and the full alliance combined will feature in a campaign of its own. After Conquest of an Island is finished all updates and news will be posted on this thread alone. I will not require a team of any sorts for this but any help people offer I will consider. I have a story in mind for each one and most take place during the WoW time period - offering the love and lore that the Alliance deserves. After a few of the tales are done and dusted I will put them into a pack for ease of access.

Tales of the Alliance

Each campaign will have a main protagonist, the hero, and at least one or two side characters. Some will just be units others will be side heros who help the main protagonist on their quest. Most campaigns will have a clear cut enemy faction or race with a leader or particular follower being a long running nemesis to the main character. In some cases there will be more than one villain with others being neutral; having no single allegiance and might back-stab those who they previously helped. Some characters from one campaign might appear in more than one making either cameos or actually playing an important role.

Tales of the Alliance
    [​IMG]
    Commander Istan - A veteran of the War against the Lich King and born sometime during or before the First War. His father was a general in the Stormwind Military yet his mother was a mage from Dalaran. This has left him with a small affinity for detecting magic but nothing more. The vast distances between Lordaeron and Stormwind has also made him friends with a few Dwarves who would help him visit either one of his parents.
    Commander Istan
    [​IMG]
    When he was old enough he joined the Azeroth Joint Legion, a band of soldiers drawn from all the 7 Human Kingdoms, where he meet another private from Stromgarde: Morson. Istan was given special treatment and was quick to reach the rank of Lieutenant; despite Morson only reaching Sergeant. This only made Istan resentful of the obvious aristocracy involved in the army and, whilst not earning his rank fully, his combat and leadership capabilities are extensive.

Ghram Hurdrin - An old Dwarf who was known to little in his earlier days. After his life was saved by a duo consisting of a Warrior and his female spell-wielding partner he vowed to help them in return for their great deed. They asked him to look after their son who would need to travel through Khaz Modan to be with either of them; this is where he and Istan, the boy in reference, became best friends and learnt much of each others cultures. During the Third War, after the Scourge was unleashed, many troubles plagued the Dwarven nation and Ghram spent a lot of time trying to control the dissent in his homeland and Stromgarde. Ghram's abilities over the storm and lightening are not shamanistic in nature but rather more the use of the Arcane to 'tap' into other forms of magic. This technique requires years of practice and refinement to get any real usage, Hurdrin being only one of few "Storm Mages" often retreated into long spells of isolation making his talents wane in power. With so much at stake he is sure to return to his past power... very soon indeed.

Tianar Dashwing - More to come

Vindicator Faedax (the Guide) - More to come

Sergeant Morson - Morson's place in the world is of simple origin and simple living. Born in Stromgarde to a trader, he signed up to the local guard forces. When he single-handedly fought off marauding bandits and saved King Trollbane himself he was "offered" a position in the 1st Join Azeroth Legion (a legion of soldiers from all seven kingdoms) shortly before Stromgarde seceded from the Alliance of Lordaeron. As a private he met Istan. The two would later prove inseparable despite Istan's steady advancement to higher ranks. Morson, however, is contented to be a sergeant and finds it easy enough.

Tales of the Alliance
    [​IMG]
    Jubei - Jubei was born on Draenor sometime during the Second War and relatively young for the position he holds. His rank and reverence stem from him joining Grom Hellscream fight the internment camps despite being from a completely different clan. After following Thrall to Kalimdor he gave his fullest to protecting and extending the New Horde. After Garrosh took over Jubei felt it his duty to serve the Warchief no matter who or what they are or have done believing fully in Thrall's wisdom. On the battlefield, however, Jubei employs his own honour-bound code: one built over years of experience, pain and victory.
    Jubei
    [​IMG]

When the Horde planned to set up a forward base for invasion of mainland Stormwind Jubei was picked especially for his continuing loyalty and as a test. Would he be willing to do what the Horde had done many years ago? Would he be willing to fight and kill civilians? Could he? Only time will tell if Jubei will bend to Garrosh's mantra or maintain his pride and uphold the values Thrall set in place not so long ago.

Kinslayn the Controller - More to Come

Nathanos Marris (Blightcaller) - In life, Nathanos Marris was trained by the high elves in the ways of war. Nathanos's accomplishments were unprecedented. He was a tactical genius, responsible for Alliance victories spanning a decade of conflict. Nathanos Marris was the first and only human ranger lord, appointed as such by Ranger General Sylvanas Windrunner. His inclusion in the ranks of the ranger lords was not without its conflicts. Kael'thas Sunstrider opposed the appointment, but Sylvanas did it anyway, impressed with Nathanos' ability. Though trained by high elves, Nathanos appears to have spent much of his time south of Quel'Thalas at his home, the Marris Stead - but despite the fact that his travels aren't documented, those that remember him, remember him with the reverence of a hero - much like Bolvar Fordragon or even Anduin Lothar.

His heroics were not to last. After the fall of Stratholme, the Scourge swept over the once-great nation. Despite his training, Nathanos Marris fell as well at his house, murdered by the abomination Ramstein the Gorger. Eventually, he became undead, and joined the Forsaken. Sylvanas appointed Nathanos as her champion - the Champion of the Banshee Queen. He even took a new name: Nathanos Blightcaller.

Zar'jira - More to Come

Tagar Spinebreaker - Tagar Spinebreaker is the current chieftain of the cannibilistic Bonechewer Clan. He rose to power shortly before the invasion of Draenor, after Grom Hellscream killed the former chieftain, Hurkan Skullsplinter for the Skull of Gul'dan. Whether he was next in line for the chieftainship or simply took the opportunity to step up is unknown. Tagar garbs himself in the innards of his enemies; that which he does not devour himself. His belt was fashioned from orc spines and bracers carved from the spine segments of an ogre. Tagar is ruthless and bloodthirsty, craving only the heat of battle above all else. The Bonechewers stayed in Draenor during the First Crossing, but when the Second Crossing was imminent, the Bonechewers were brought into line and used against the Alliance. Tagar Spinebreaker personally accompanied Fenris the Hunter to the Tomb of Sargeras where they claimed the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras for Ner'zhul.

Tales of the Alliance
    The Campaigns & Their Progress
    Conquest of an Island - Alliance - 96%
    Sons Of The Titans - Dwarves & Gnomes - 2%
    The Return of the Kingdoms - Human & Worgen - 16%
    Survivors Of The Light - Draenei - Fourth
    Sins Of The Quel'dorei - High Elves - 1%
    An Anicent Heritage - Night Elves - Probably Last

Timeline

IIIII - SotL IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - The Third War IIIIIIIII - SotT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - WoW IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - CoI IIIIIII - Cataclysm IIII - LLIIIIIII - AH IIIIIIIIIIIII - RotK IIIIIIIIIIII - SotQ IIII

Tales of the Alliance

[​IMG]
    Conquest of an Island Sons of the Titans Sins of the Quel'dorei Return of the Kingdoms Survivors of the Light
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot
    [​IMG]

Signature
    Add this to your signature to show your support.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] If any of the creative designs/ideas (Characters, story etc) you see here are something you would like to use in a campaign, map, story etc of your own then please ask me and give a few details about what exactly that usage will be. In most cases I will be inclined to say yes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  2. huy60vn

huy60vn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! Draenei and High Elves :3 I really like two races.
    Also It had Worgen too. I'm interesting in screenshots.
    I will wait for you. Good luck for your project.

3. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Survivors Of The Light - Draenei and Sins Of The Quel'dorei - High Elves *-*
    really nice your ideia and dranei and high elf, very nice, u just have forget the gnomes.
    good luck :D

- the dark blue letter is so bad to read.

4. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    The gnomes will feature with the Dwarves and I'll change the colour as well.

Remember that you can nominate this as project spotlight for april.

5. Leorik

Leorik

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Sounds awsome!Do you have a stable team to create the campaigns or you work alone?

6. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I just said in the OP I don't need or want a team. It will be slower than if I did have a team but generally it would be a bit difficult to coordinate them if I did. Sorry if you had hopes of joining any possible one I was thinking of getting someone to do terrain for my maps - it was a big pain for CoI (conquest of an island) but I think I could get used to it and I am quite looking forward to making the terrain for the other campaigns.

Right now the Alliance campaign is almost done so any suggestions about which one I should start next?

7. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The project is quite good and I have seen some Campaigns from you... I think. Again, looks good and for the terrain, it looks fine but in some of your screenies, it is empty and only tiles and trees can be seen. You should give more details into your terrain by putting the necessary doodads, destructibles and more in it. At some point it is flat, I suggest using Tools such as Raise/Lower and Smooth/Noise Tool.

Overall, this is quite a good Campaign. GJ and +2 REP!:thumbs_up:

8. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well nice description ;) ;)
    Campaign, woow, terrain seem so promising though, BTW well goodjob ;) ;) + REPT

9. aZaZel

aZaZel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry guys.... But I don't know what kind of race is Worgen.... Is it elven or just an another kind of wild animal.....

Peace!!

10. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    About: Worgen

11. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I had Worgen WoW RIP models LoL'z....

12. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Conquest of an Island will be released soon I have very little to actually finish. I won't be working on it for three days or so as I'm going on holiday. I have started work on the dwarf race that you play.

About the terrain its fine in game. I guess it is just the angle. You can play that mission from the demo.

13. Leorik

Leorik

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ok,sorry didn't see it..I think the high elf one sounds good,you should consider making it first.

14. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I don't know what order I was thinking after CoI I could do human/worgen, dwarf, HE and then Draenei as I am not working on the NE one a friend is for me.

Right now I am making a custom map for each race so I can display the tech tree.s like the high elf one.

15. aZaZel

aZaZel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, right now, I create a series pf maps about the struggles of the survivors of Lordaeron to rebuild it, a forced alliance between the Horde, Alliance, Sentinels, and the Burning Legion (led by Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras), and their campaign against the Lich King and his Undead Scourge. Lich King became too powerful for Sargeras that he was forced to allied himself with his former enemies to destroy the Undead Scourge... Nice job, your "Tales of the Alliance" may be fantastic because your imagination is wide.... I wished I could create a more fantastic map...

Peace!!:goblin_good_job:

16. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    @aZaZel Thanks for your praise I hope your own project does well.

@Everyone I have started work on the tech tree for the Dwarf race that I will be using for the campaign. I might upload the race separate to the maps section.

17. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Update

The Dwarf Tech tree/race is finished for their campaign.

Units
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  18. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Hey guys just to give this thread a bit of a bump and to bring to people's attention that it is not dead. It would be nice if you could nominate my project for the spotlight this month.

Right now for Conquest Of An Island I have 3 maps to finish/create and 1 to polish off.
    The techtree for the Dwarves is finished and I'm just wondering what campaign I should start next?

[​IMG]

19. Even

Even

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you should start with the campaign which progress would be quicker, in this case the Dwarf campaign (since you have already finished the techtree to go with it)

20. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Ok Right now I think it's between Dwarf and Human. I've got a story for the Human one but I've got a techtree for the Dwarf one so I'll probably start work on one or the other soon right after Conquest Of an Island is released. Whichever one I choose I will say once I've made up my mind.