• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales Of The Alliance

Which campaign should I start work on next

• Total voters
An Alliance Campaign
Tales of the Alliance.png

By Footman16

Tales of the Alliance
219951-albums6371-picture77332.jpg

This is an idea of mine to create a series of campaigns about the Alliance which will follow the story of each Alliance race in their independent struggles. So this originally started off as a massive scale project to create a campaign for every single race of the alliance. Such a project is simply impossible to achieve in terms of both motivation and time for myself hence I decided to radically alter my plans whilst maintaining the overall theme of "Tales of the Alliance" after finishing the initial campaign Lordaeron's Legacy. From there I started work on a sequel which is almost finished Lordaeron's Destiny. And once it is done I will then maybe start other campaigns of varying size since Lordaeron's Legacy was a mini-campaign and Lordaeron's Destiny is a full sized campaign.

Tales of the Alliance

Each campaign will have a main protagonist, the hero, and at least one or two side characters. I will try and salvage and re-purpose all the characters I had originally planned for all these campaigns in one way or another but generally I'll try to expand upon the stories of characters in WoW who may or may not have any lore about them at all. There will be some OG characters such as Commander Istan and Lord Candor.

Tales of the Alliance
219951-albums6371-picture77326.jpg
Commander Istan - A veteran of the War against the Lich King and born sometime during or before the First War. His father was a general in the Stormwind Military yet his mother was a mage from Dalaran. This has left him with a small affinity for detecting magic but nothing more. The vast distances between Lordaeron and Stormwind has also made him friends with a few Dwarves who would help him visit either one of his parents.
219951-albums6371-picture77324.png
When he was old enough he joined the Azeroth Joint Legion, a band of soldiers drawn from all the 7 Human Kingdoms. Istan was given special treatment and was quick to reach the rank of Lieutenant. This only made Istan resentful of the obvious aristocracy involved in the army and, whilst not earning his rank fully, his combat and leadership capabilities are extensive.

Lord Candor - A minor noble from Lordaeron, Lord Candor's family owned lands in and around Strahnbrad. After the Scourge descended upon Azeroth, Candor and his family fled to the court of Stormwind where he grew ambitious and restless over the conditions of the people left behind. With the support of certain members of Stormwind's court, Lord Candor is setting his plans in notion to restake his family's lands.

Captain Morson - Morson's place in the world is of simple origin and simple living. Born in Stromgarde to a trader, he signed up to the local guard forces. When he single-handedly fought off marauding bandits and saved King Trollbane himself he was "offered" a position in the 1st Joint Azeroth Legion (a legion of soldiers from all seven kingdoms) shortly before Stromgarde seceded from the Alliance of Lordaeron. As a Captain, Morson has a strong bond with the common soldier and is instrumental in serving as a weather gauge to the morale of the soldiers.

Lady Hoteshem - A general in the army of Stromgarde in the Third War, Lady Hoteshem is as loyal as they come. Growing up her and Orman were close friends fighting together against the Trolls who still resist and cling on to their long gone days of Empire. Intelligent as well as skilled, she has been sent by King Thoras on a diplomatic mission to Ironforge. Even though Stromgarde left the Alliance dramatically, the Kingdom still feels a kinship and sense of camaraderie with their neighbours and they could potentially re-align.

Orman of Stromgarde - A boisterous and strong-willed individual, Orman serves the army of Stromgarde as a heavy-hitter. Never one to rest or sit around his bull-headedness has gotten him and Lady Hoteshem into many scrapes and adventures together. Brave to a fault, there is no challenge or problem he won't seek to tackle at the source.
Tales of the Alliance
219951-albums6371-picture77327.jpg

Under Construction
Tales of the Alliance
The Campaigns & Their Progress
Lordaeron's Legacy - Alliance - 100%
Lordaeron's Destiny - Alliance - 100%
Path of Valour - Stromgarde - 20%
Timeline

I - The Third War
I - Path of Valour
I - WoW
I - The Cataclysm

I - Lordaeron's Legacy
I - Lordaeron's Destiny
I - Mists of Pandaria

Tales of the Alliance

219951-albums6371-picture77333.jpg

Note this section is massively out of date and the planned campaigns have been drastically changed, however I will leave these screenshots and the attached CoI demo as a legacy until I will move it elsewhere.

Conquest of an Island
219951-albums6124-picture76948.png
219951-albums6371-picture69048.png
219951-albums6159-picture72219.png
219951-albums6371-picture72988.png
219951-albums6124-picture77486.png
219951-albums6124-picture77490.png
219951-albums6124-picture77488.png
219951-albums6124-picture77489.png
219951-albums6124-picture77487.png
Signature

If any of the creative designs/ideas (Characters, story etc) you see here are something you would like to use in a campaign, map, story etc of your own then please ask me and give a few details about what exactly that usage will be. In most cases I will be inclined to say yes.

Attachments

• CoI Demo.w3n
    19.2 MB · Views: 9,342
Last edited:
I just said in the OP I don't need or want a team. It will be slower than if I did have a team but generally it would be a bit difficult to coordinate them if I did. Sorry if you had hopes of joining any possible one I was thinking of getting someone to do terrain for my maps - it was a big pain for CoI (conquest of an island) but I think I could get used to it and I am quite looking forward to making the terrain for the other campaigns.

Right now the Alliance campaign is almost done so any suggestions about which one I should start next?

Level 30
The project is quite good and I have seen some Campaigns from you... I think. Again, looks good and for the terrain, it looks fine but in some of your screenies, it is empty and only tiles and trees can be seen. You should give more details into your terrain by putting the necessary doodads, destructibles and more in it. At some point it is flat, I suggest using Tools such as Raise/Lower and Smooth/Noise Tool.

Overall, this is quite a good Campaign. GJ and +2 REP!:thumbs_up:

Level 3
Sorry guys.... But I don't know what kind of race is Worgen.... Is it elven or just an another kind of wild animal.....

Peace!!

Conquest of an Island will be released soon I have very little to actually finish. I won't be working on it for three days or so as I'm going on holiday. I have started work on the dwarf race that you play.

About the terrain its fine in game. I guess it is just the angle. You can play that mission from the demo.

Level 3
I just said in the OP I don't need or want a team. It will be slower than if I did have a team but generally it would be a bit difficult to coordinate them if I did. Sorry if you had hopes of joining any possible one I was thinking of getting someone to do terrain for my maps - it was a big pain for CoI (conquest of an island) but I think I could get used to it and I am quite looking forward to making the terrain for the other campaigns.

Right now the Alliance campaign is almost done so any suggestions about which one I should start next?

Ok,sorry didn't see it..I think the high elf one sounds good,you should consider making it first.

Level 3
Well, right now, I create a series pf maps about the struggles of the survivors of Lordaeron to rebuild it, a forced alliance between the Horde, Alliance, Sentinels, and the Burning Legion (led by Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras), and their campaign against the Lich King and his Undead Scourge. Lich King became too powerful for Sargeras that he was forced to allied himself with his former enemies to destroy the Undead Scourge... Nice job, your "Tales of the Alliance" may be fantastic because your imagination is wide.... I wished I could create a more fantastic map...

Peace!!:goblin_good_job:

Hey guys just to give this thread a bit of a bump and to bring to people's attention that it is not dead. It would be nice if you could nominate my project for the spotlight this month.

Right now for Conquest Of An Island I have 3 maps to finish/create and 1 to polish off.
The techtree for the Dwarves is finished and I'm just wondering what campaign I should start next?

Level 2
I think you should start with the campaign which progress would be quicker, in this case the Dwarf campaign (since you have already finished the techtree to go with it)

Update

I have decided which campaigns I am going to start work and in which order. Since CoI is so close to completion I though I'd plan it out at this stage. I have stories sort of thought out for each as well. The Dwarf story details the fall of Stromgarde and the Dwarves fending off against the Scourge and then the Dark Irons. I will be introducing a character who will appear alongside Istan in his Human Campaign. I'm so excited about this.

Last edited:
Update

This campaign project hasn't garnered a lot of attention so that is why I have updated the nomination button to the July nominations. Could you please nominate my project if you thinks it's good enough because the more people anticipating it the faster I work.

The project is not dead and won't be for some time unless I say it is CoI is so close to completion and will be released hopefully near the end of the summer of I work fast enough.

To any moderators this shouldn't count as a triple post because it is but it's for updates and without these posts nobody know my project exists.

Last edited:
Update

I've done a bit of the Human/Worgen campaign generally because I've got more of it planned story wise etc. It will take place in the Eastern Kingdoms which most people should recognise from WoW and Warcraft 3 (maybe). The story is all about Istan and a friend who will appear in another of the campaigns trying to prepare and rebuild the Human kingdoms to deal with the threats that face them.

I will not stop Conquest of An Island but I have lost a bit of motivation for it, either way it would've been completed by the end of the Holidays round about August time but that would've been if I'd done a bit more work on it.

Here's a screenie:
219951-albums6371-picture72885.png

Update
Well, this campaign hasn't garnered a lot of attention so here's hoping that this month I can get a bit more publicity going.

Work is still going on but Conquest of an Island is on hold. Despite this the Human and Worgen campaign is well under way with the first map nearly done and an all Human techtree finished.

Please nominate my project - if you find it worthy - for the August project spotlight where there's a link at the top of the page. I would give you another screenshot but I'm afraid I've been busy so they can wait.

Istan is the main character and it takes place after CoI.

Last edited:
Update
For Conquest of an Island, if someone would like to make the AIs for the base missions then they are more than welcome to offer. There are two defense missions and about 3 other base missions all of which have roughly 2-3 players that require an AI.

Chapter five in Conquest of an Island is also finished without polishing. So I will test it for bugs and then that will be it. That leaves 3-4 maps left to finish, complete, polish etc

Yep the enemies will probably go as follows.
CoI - Western Horde and Naga
Return of the Kingdoms - Scourge, Forsaken, Syndicate/Defias and maybe one or two others like the Western Horde in one or two missions.
Survivors of the Light - Horde, Fel Horde, Blood Elves, Arrakoa (maybe).
Sins of the Quel'dorei - Blood Elves, High Elves, Trolls, maybe a few others.
Sons of the Titans - Scourge, Dark Iron Clan and maybe Twilight's Hammer.
Night Elf campaign - not a clue.

Update
Right well now that I can say for definite this series has got my full attention and work it will be progressing at a faster rate than before.

This being as it is I would like anyone that deems my project worthy to support it by a simple nomination for the project spotlight. I can't offer anything in return other than my thanks and increased work pace to provide updates and screenshots more regularly.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ct-spotlight-december-2013-nomination-245704/

Update
I've changed the main thread to better illustrate all the campaigns involved and I'll make more updates as I come up with more ideas.

The new first mission is almost finished in CoI and I hope that after it is finished I won't have too much work to do until it's complete.

Last edited:
Update
After having a bit of a think about the Human & Worgen campaign I have come to the conclusion of adding the Scarlet Crusade. Istan and his men will be following their own mission; at the same time a band of Crusaders leave Tyr's Hand after realising the insanity of their superiors. It will play out similarly to the TFT Undead campaign with Sylvanas and Arthas' stories coinciding except with both meeting each other at one point.

So when will you finish the first campaign ?
It is nearly done, please finish it.

Lol, Glad to see so many people anticipating it's release. I started the campaign about a year ago so there are a few things I've gone back and made better after learning more map-making techniques.

I'll hopefully get it done by January/February. I won't give any exact date as that would probably be beyond my powers of estimation.