• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Do you agree with my opinion?

• Yeh

• neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
@Siler
Any chance you can make the terrain for the air - combat map, I may be busy in the comming weeks

(damn I got so carried away that I accidently posted this in the arkain thread a minute ago ....I deleted it when i realized it was the wrong thread)

I can make it but provide some guideline so you won't be disappointment by the result

Level 16
@Blake8
Regarding the "upgrade spell" the only way I was able to get it to function while staying true to our original design was to use Avatar instead of any other ability, thus the unit grows in size and is magically immune during the effect, but everything else goes as planned. I will send you a copy once I'm sure it works properly.

Level 16
I've looked into this and it seems that even clones of avatar are hard coded to display whatever name is used in the original avatar buff

Fortunately I thought up a solution; simply change the buff's name to "Longevity", basically both Avatar and this new spell's expiration timer will now display "longevity", so it's all good, mission accomplished!

Level 11
@Blake8

Shouldn't the Zephyr unit have evasion, its kinda implied by the name that it is really fast, so would this not logically be the ability it possesses

I put tons of effort into balancing the unit, it's gonna become too damn op if I give it evasion, so if I do Im gonna either have to decrease its attack, lower its hp or increase its cooldown (which wont make any sense if I do it) to keep the unit balanced

Level 11
@Siler, that app you recommended is crap, it slows you down to a crawl. Now regarding the map, I send you the parameters in the e-mail, you dont have to follow them exactly but stick to them when possible, I'll focus on developing the story more, but there are lots of directions we could go with this

Level 16
@Siler Ok, but can you get it to work without glitching up the map even more?

Well that's the question ain't it

@Colonel Aster

The original trigger that we wanted to implement was essentially using a trigger to disable a unit's abilities during its metamorphosis, and give the clone it becomes enhanced abilities

this would be done by having a unit metamorphose (for 60 sec) into a clone of itself that had 4 non-hero abilities that were more powerful than its hero abilities, while its hero abilities were disabled using this trigger

• ULTi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Metamorphosis
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Battle Roar for (Owner of (Casting unit))
      • Player - Disable Banish for (Owner of (Casting unit))
      • Wait 60.00 game-time seconds
      • Player - Enable Battle Roar for (Owner of (Casting unit))
      • Player - Enable Banish for (Owner of (Casting unit))
the problem with it is simply that it gives the player access to enhanced abilities really early on, just makes the hero too OP, and it doesn't look too good, so we went with what we currently have.... a hero casts a modified avatar this sets off a trigger that gives him a modified engineering upgrade ability, which then gets taken away when 60 sec go by, during those 60 seconds all of the Heroes spells are enhanced, he also has spell immunity and regenerates mana at a quicker rate (we got the original idea from trance states from one of the final fantasy games)

Level 16
@Blake8

I agree, it would interfere with some other spells we currently use, and we don't want more glitches

also I started working on the summoning spell

Level 16
Think about this: It involves using a whole new system we know little or nothing about, plus it interferes with other abilities

you have testers but no one wants to test a map which glitches at frequent intervals because some tiny portion of a trigger or ability is done incorrectly

Last edited:
Level 16
Well you had a brilliant mechanic having a hero summon a dummy using the tornado spell which then summons a golem, but this just isn't practical; the enemy would just attack the caster, even if he got a +25 armor bonus he would go down, so instead I modified storm earth and fire to essentially transform the unit into the golem or "earth titan" or whatever you wanna call it, it just makes the spell more practical to use

Level 16
Something like that

I'll let you see when I'm done, its gonna be different from what you and Colonel Aster wanted, but I think you as well as the players will like it more :)

Level 16
Good to know, I was gonna start on the aerial combat map, but I just don't know where to start or even what tilset to use, I'll get it done once I actually start on it

Level 9
Now that I think about it I may reconsider it, just think of all the potential this could have

Dont try implementing anything before you understand its mechanics, as far as I know this could make the maps x10 glitchier, and I've had enough with testing glitching maps with flawed triggers

Level 9
you guys should just start working on those aerial combat fights you were talking about, I would LOVE to play those

Level 16
Thanks, I e-mailed the new update (summoning spell+triggers) to you as well as your testers just now, see if you like it

also if you need extra units just take those silver soldiers, give them the name "silver sword" or something of the sort, around 700 hp and critical strike, that would balance things out

Last edited:
Level 9
@Siler, if you're still around, I asked blake for the latest alphas to test, he told me to to ask you since you were improving the alphas, can you plz provide these...me and the others are ready to test some new missions

Level 16
I have one suggestion regarding the Raid of Rhivenhall map, remember how you wanted it to have a long intro?

Well what if instead of just the heroes having a long conversation with that mage at the entrance, you would show all the high councilors sitting in the "high council conclave" room (the upper-right most room on the 2nd floor) and discussion what to do with the situation, essentially saying that playtime is over and that it's time to double our efforts (start summoning demons, etc.)

Think about this for a moment, I think it would look great, and give the chapter a slightly different feeling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.