• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Do you agree with my opinion?

• Yeh

• neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
You guys seemed to have taken over my thread about Yuri and completely changed the directions, but I don't really mind,

anyway

@Blake8 : How would you imagine the final battle against this arch-Villain(ess) to go down ?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
How would you imagine the final battle against this arch-Villain(ess) to go down ?
3396663_1382869426359.88res_375_300.jpg

Level 11
She wasn't supposed to be a major villain (at least not compared to Eliver or others who are opposed the player) so it wasn't gonna be a 200 food mega epic battle or anything like that, but basically the battle would consist of her raising hordes of soldiers against the player

Level 16
You should really append all these things about her being bitterly vile and humanity hating to her character description in your campaign thread, it would add a lot to your campaign

Level 12
I agree with Siler, also if you call her "Dioneve the Vile" it would give her persona much more character than simply "Lady Dioneve"

Level 16
Also this is just a suggestion, but since she's so vile, wouldn't it be in her character to try to blow the hell outta everybody once she's defeated? Like try to set off a giant mana bomb to explode or something of that nature once she's finally been vanquished ? So maybe you could have a map where you first have to defeat her and then get the hell outta there before a timer for some destructive event expires, again this is just a suggestion.

Level 12
I can see that mana bomb scenario, completely fits the character, "You guys have have done this to me, now it's your turn to suffer "

Level 16
One way to make the story great is to make the characters believable, and the best way to do that (atleast from what I've learned in creative writing) is to base them on real life people (add some exaggerations and such here and there off course, but still based on reality)

Level 12
@Siler : I completely agree, realistic characters make the story more plausible and the reader gets a much more in-depth experience (or however you say that)

Level 11
Can't argue with that, I've had some very interesting discussions with @Colonel Aster regarding the characters of my universe, since he was basically the first one to help me out with my campaign, but I mainly focused on giving the characters various diverse abilities, rather than actually developing the personalities of the characters much

Reactions: Rem
Level 16
@Blake8
I personally liked your characters and story, but you should've put out the missions from 1st to last instead of trying to make missions far ahead and then realizing they are heavily bugged due to patches or whatever else it was, the demo should've been the very first mission (although I do admit that would've made for a boring demo) instead you inserted that Raid of Rhivenhall mission which would of been like the 8th or something chapter in the campaign

Level 9
Yuri is interesting and my type. I dont like being a solo villian(i never liked good guys) and have a liking to turn enemy units back on their own(im that evil)
(For example: In Wc3, i like Dark Ranger. In Dota i like Chen or Enchantress. In Total War Atilla, as Auxum, i spam Legionaire defacts against rome :) )

Level 11
Well, basically you start off when Etrious is about to pass his final test, this involves fighting his way through a forest along with his Mentor Master Yanes and retrieving waters from a enchanted fountain, from then on you go on to battle the rebels which are attacking Milrein forces on the border, this goes on for several missions, then it turns out that the Rhivenhall High Council (particularly the supreme councilor) has been helping the rebels as well as practicing forbidden magic, so you have to first destroy the forces guarding Rhivenhall and then you go into Rivenhall to retrieve the Supreme Councilor (this is the demo mission) after that the story is still being worked on in my head

Level 10
Basically she was one of the leaders of the rebels, you would’ve fought her in a few missions, in one scene Blake thought of having her raise an entire army from fallen solders

Level 10
Well originally Eliver was just another enemy hero that you would have to fight, there are many other such characters (e.g. Darvel the Healer, Idin the Wise) which you'll basically face on many maps when you are fighting the rebels, however Eliver got a bigger role once Blake thought up that his special abilities allow him to remotely view distant places and even future events, Blake thought this would make the campaign really interesting, and I agreed to some extend

Anywy regarding Eliver, from what Blake told me he'd appear in few interludes, and maybe you'll fight him alongside his forces but you'll never capture him, what happens later in is that him along with many high ranking rebels are charging up a mana bomb type spell inside this fortified palace and your goal is to destroy this palace with his forces, the player destroying the fortress is how Eliver will be defeated.

He's a major character story wise, but not really a character that appears in maps often. His abilities, and not his might in battle is what established him as a high ranking member of the rebels.

Level 12
You guys seriously need to write more lore on these characters as well as the world itself, I think it will really make your campaign shine

Yes, Yuri is very interesting for me, mind control, insidious tactis and all that power struggle.

His armies have clowns that could ignite something with their minds alone, giant babies with big muscles, trucks that can lift stuffs up and then drop it into water......

But Yuri's even more interesting in Mental Omega 3.3, by the way. His armies feel more competent, sexy and complete in that mod. Also there's Scorpion Cell, MIDAS and stuffs too

Level 10
There are some characters who Blake either kept secret or who simply have no name or anything else as of yet which are the leaders of the rebels, also there is Rem (named after @Rem) who is basically a support mage whose main role is to augment the difficulty of certain missions by

• appearing at the start of missions if playing on easy mode
  • appearing once a significant amount of enemy forces or structures have been destroyed on normal mode
  • appearing once only a small amount of enemy forces or structures remain intact on hard mode mode

Level 10
No, she gets some character development and becomes one of the main characters as the story progresses, at the start however her main role is to augment level difficulty, at least according to @Blake8

Blake basically came up with a system where values would be assigned to buildings and strong enemies, when those are destroy the sum of the destroyed object's values is stored in a integer variable, when the integer variable exceeds a certain threshold, Rem comes onto the battlefield from behind your base or from some road and a bit of dialogue starts, on easy this happens automatically after several minutes of game times.

Oh yes, Mental Omega...I like the psi Corp, with Libra

Oh, one of the best characters ever...
Especially in Dance of Blood... wow, she's simply amazing.

Oh, there's Fin and Alize too...

I never played Mental Omega, but it looks hella interesting

Yes, especially with Foehn and stuffs

By the way, why is Rem designed like that @Colonel Aster? Because it's too hard adjusting handicap and stuffs?

Level 10
@Directive255 Idk why Rem was designed like that, it's not like that for every mission anyway, also Blake found tons of ways to make the gameplay easier/difficult so that wasn't the only thing that changed, just one of many things

Level 10
I liked really liked the system though, let's say you have an enemy human base, destroying a tower, a lumber mill or a blacksmith gives you 1 point each, destroying a barracks, aerial training unit facility, Arcane Sanctum, or a workshop gives you 2 points each, and things like townhalls, hero alters and special units give you 3 each, on normal you need to accumulate like 30 points to get Rem, while its around 50 on hard difficulty...

Level 10
Yes, Lore wise Blake still needs to come up with a lot, but essentially she's the hero who (via her aura & other abilities) makes the surrounding army much stronger

Status
Not open for further replies.