• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria

Do you agree with my opinion?

• Yeh

• neh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
In that case I would recommend that you give them the special ability you mentioned earlier, either lengthen the cooldown for their air attack or lower its damage, as well as either lower their hp by a little (50-30) or lower slightly decrease their armor

I think that should balance out the unit

Level 6
My advice is to balance it out to the point where it is slightly stronger than a footman but could never fully replace a footman since it costs 3 food, more gold, as well as takes longer to train.

Level 6
I only played it for like 20 minutes.

All I can tell you is that now the ai spams Crestbearers much less than it used to, so its not as frustrating when it comes to attacking brown's bases.

Level 6
I see, what was your original intention with them, to me they seem like the Zephyr units weaker cousin.

Level 6
Interesting, but if you dont want the player to be able to rush the enemy early on either make the distance between the two as great as possible, or simply put a bunch of towers in the enemy's base to make an early rush impossible to execute, also you can do things like have heroes in the base that summon really strong units (like several infernos) when they are attacked, this will really deter players from attempting to rush early on.

Level 6
Thanks.

Ye you gotta have some imagination when trying to come up with these things, sometimes the more creative the solution the better it works out.

Level 11
The first post campaign is the original mission, I will update it when the maps are fully functional and polished. Those screenshots were from several maps which are basically in the beta stage (around 60% or so done) The person who promised to help me with the terrain and triggers as well as other things is currently busy... I'm waiting for him to free up so we can get this done.

Other news: we've done significant work on 3rd continent for the world map, it should be done soon.

Level 11
-Update-
After witnessing some glitches and imbalances present with the Crusader units I've decided to completely remove them from the campaign. They will essentially be replaced as mini-bosses by strength-based heroes whos level will be determined by the game difficulty (6/8/10 most likely). @Razorfang I hope you're happy now, your dream came true...

Level 10
Hey Blake, in that tower chapter, why dont you have each enemy base come with one of those mana ruins that you could build a well over to get gold instead of a gold mine, the mines these bases have run out fast, and all you do is get a little boost in income that lasts for maybe 5 minutes, just sit on this idea for a bit.

Level 11
-Update-
Currently working on the third continent, here's a picture of what it currently looks like, also various spells and units are being developed and implemented, a big thanks to @Rem and @Siler
M3.jpg

Level 16
The main continent in the middle is yet to be named, the eastern part of the long forested land mass is called " Vernesia " I believe and the northwestern continent is simply called the " Shattered Continent ". That's what I recall.

Level 10
I don't know if you guys noticed this but the map Blake send me has a few bugs:
1 using pacify on the enemy hero, the knight, causes the game to crash
2 for some reason archers get extended range with their upgrade, this really disbalances the game
3 the hero's healing ability doesnt always work

Level 9
@Blake8 and @Siler I just thought of a good use of that tank on the world map, it can be used to clear rocks and debris that wouldnt normally let you pass, seems like a genuinely good idea to me

interesting, the same concept could apply to ships, u can have 2 ships; one that is armed with a cannon to clear floating debris and another which isn't

Level 16
Very good ideas guys, originally the "tank" unit was meant to be able to pass through briar (thorn) forests. But that idea was scrapped due to bad mechanics, then we tried other things that didn't give the desired results, these new ideas (both tank and ship) however are more practical since we can easily implement them without having to create some sort of complex systems to make them work

Level 9
good job on the concepts, i can already see the mechanics to make some of them work, get into chat or gtalk or whatever later on and i'll explain, also a very good job on that continent I see the terrain is getting better, so were slowly but steadily making progress ;)

Reactions: Rem
Level 11
@Siler Dioneve was loosely based on someone I knew irl, this girl who had a holier than thou complex, thought she was smarter than everyone else and pretty much couldn't get along with anyone, I was assigned to be partners with her in one of my classes, she was such a damn pain to be around. This girl got ostracized by like every social group, and got kicked outta clans in wow, her reasoning for it was basically that people are assholes...its fucking impossible to be around someone who thinks they're smarter than you, doesn't know what the hell their doing and yet wants everything done just the way they want it without compromising at all...ye there's a reason why people that like have few or no friends you just gotta stay the hell away from these fuckers...

Level 16
I see, people like that tend to piss me off, but the people that you really gotta stay the hell away from are the snakes, those are the ones who really fuck shit up, but I agree people with attitudes like that(the girl you described) are a huge pain to be around, sometimes too much of a pain to tolerate, is that why you loosely based your villain off of her?

Level 11
Again the character was loosely based on her, but she just makes for a good villain, think about; someone who has an "I'm better than you" complex ("I'm smarter than you" complex in her case) and this very attitude causes her to get severely ostracized and yet she completely doesn't see that her attitude towards others is the cause of others hating her and instead plays the victim and demonizes these people for their actions...and it's basically a cycle...now this could make for a rather nice villain, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.