• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Also Idk what the hell Aster was doing, but due to various oversights, gameplay-wise, Zephyrs will now have the Spell Shield Ability such that they block an incomming spell every 30 seconds, while Milreavers will have 2 different kinds of critical strikes; one gives them a 30% chance to do 2x the damage, while the other gives them an 8% chance to do 8x the damage against non-hero units, I think that should sort it out, also we're taking a very different approaches to alphas....stay tuned for updates

Level 11
Ghrenis the Cruel

[Lore]

(Lore by Colonel Aster)

This guys abilities are:

Frost nova – Unmodified

Wane – Reduces all hostile units attack by 30% and armor by 5 for 30 seconds

Critical strike – Unmodified

Vampiric Aura (Ultimate) – Restores 90% of each attack

Also the guy always carries a Necklace of spell immunity making him immune to all spells and magic attacks except for ultimates.

Note that the model for Ghrenis will be replaced once we find a more suitable knight model…

You asked what I thought, so here are some of my comments

-Ghrenis was supposed to be ice elemental based right? why doesn't he have more ice spells, maybe an ice orb, or just frosticles surrounding him simply as decorations?

-If you want him to be tough as nails I would suggest giving him hardened skin

-Very good going with the 90% vamp aura, however what about giving him a powerful multi-target spell?

-Give him a summoning spell maybe? Frost wolves?

-I like the lore so far, no need to improve there

-I'll add more if I think of anything else

Rem

Rem

Level 7
@Blake8 I had a look at what was send, im in love with the new Zephyrs, they're even more perfect than before,

but the milreavers are really op-i think you wanted them this way, but still, if a player gets to build them they can not cost any less than 8 food, i mean 2 critical strike abilities, hardened skin that absorbs 6 damage, resistant skin, plus 50-70 normal damage, ye theres op for you

great work for the mountanous map btw

what did you have in mind for the new alphas????

Level 11
@Purifier

Great suggestions, he is already tough as nails though, don't think he'll be needing hardened skin though, as far as more ice spells I was thinking of that too, perhaps I'll give him frost bolt, also I'll give your other ideas a thought too, thanks for the feedback.

@Rem

Yea, everyone likes the new zephyrs

Milreavers are supposed to be op like that, we're planning to create a level where you have to go against a rogue Milrein commander, and those Milreavers are precisely what will make the level so tough, the player will never get to control this OP unit, also the key to getting rid of them is bombarding them with strong offensive spells

As far as the new alpha....wait and you'll find out

Rem

Rem

Level 7
O you guys are still set on creating that level. Hope itll be every bit as awesome as you imagined it!
aniway what i was really intent on saying was:

Merry Holidays Everybody!

Level 10
@Blake8 Frostbolt for the 1,1 ability would be good for Ghrenis, also remember how it was originally planned to give him combat mastery (basically a better version of critical strike with added evasion) for an ultimate? Maybe instead of critical strike he can have a leveled down version of this ability, like it gives him a 10/15/20 percent chance of doing 3x damage and 8/12/16 chance to dodge an attack. Idk, just my thoughts. Also the new Milreaver is perfect for our rogue general mission....you dont know how right you were when you said that those units are precisely the reason the mission will be challenging

Rem

Rem

Level 7
u guys are planning to have the computer spam Milreavers to give the player a hard time ?!

Level 10
No, the computer may spam Greyguards (formally ironguards) medium melee units that can attack both ground and air targets, but Milreavers are key to this mission because all the strategically important locations will be guarded by them. Each ramp will have 3-5 Milreavers guarding it, the command posts will have several. Basically you have 100 food, about 30 food goes on units that either harvest lumber and gold or are in your base to protect it, so you have 70 food left on your attacking army. Milreavers can take out several strong units without being defeated, that's why the presence of Milreavers will matter so much.

Reactions: Rem

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Very interesting Aster, i have heard so much about your plans for this mission. cant wait til you guys finish it so ill finally get to play it, best of luck on this exciting endevour of yours =)

Level 10
Naw that was a different mission, and it wasn't half finished, the terrain was like 20% done (only the top right sector of the map was anywhere near finished)

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Sorry--I can however create names, maybe write lore, do very basic things in the editor

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Yes, but it takes me very long periods of time to do it because Im a perfectionist, so please don't complain that Im taking forever when I'm creating some beautiful terrain, lol

Level 10
Sorry, but that's just not the type of skills I need when I'm doing this mission, you can help me write some dialogue lines for the characters but otherwise I don't believe I'll be needing your help, and I'm not saying this to be mean or upset you or anything.

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Exactli. so much more can be accomplished if we work on things as a group, rather than just devote ourselves to personal maps

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Ghrenis the Cruel

[Lore]
On a crusade against what/who and why?
Well, one thing is for sure, he died if he was raised as dead. Also, who in his right mind would burn a comfy city in the middle of a frozen wasteland and no one would oppose?
Frost nova – Unmodified
What about a shorter range Frost Nova with some modifications via triggers?
Anyways, you should try your best to make spells more interesting. Keeping original/unmodified Warcraft ones isn't innovative.

Level 11
Crusade against the Thrinean alliance, a faction that no longer exists, the whole bit that he razes the city was to show how bloodthirsty/mad the crusade has made him, the point of the Lore was to give the player a pretty scary impression of who this guy is, similar to the lore of other campaigns.

We have lots of custom spells but not lots of custom ice-elemental ones, the only new ice-elemental one I can think of is called frost bomb and is based on acid bomb, and it isn't too damaging or useful. But we can always make new ice spells.

Level 11
@Blake8 I would suggest you give Ghrenis frost bolt, and maybe some other ice-related offensive magic, otherwise with a good model he seems pretty solid, there are a few minor improvements I could see in him, but I wont get into it unless you really wanna know

Level 11
His vamp aura is what makes him, him. It's not everyday you run into someone who has a vamp aura that leeches 90% of an attack and gives this to all surrounding units, I bet this guy will be such a damn pain to fight, especially since you mentioned he has that magic immunity necklace

Level 11
His vamp aura is what makes him, him. It's not everyday you run into someone who has a vamp aura that leeches 90% of an attack and gives this to all surrounding units, I bet this guy will be such a damn pain to fight, especially since you mentioned he has that magic immunity necklace

I completely agree with that! This guy will be a pain to fight

Level 16
The whole point of Ghrenis the Cruel is that he is incredibly hard to engage and stay alive after, especially if he's in a group of units. In maps where you encounter him he is pretty much the only thing that stands between you and achieving victory, that's why he's pretty damn tough

Rem

Rem

Level 7
THe cinematic elements in the campaign will make it much more interesting, it wont be another "nemesis" type of creature, but rather a hunter of sorts. you guys will see what im saying when the campaign will be out or the mission released as a demo

Level 11
THe cinematic elements in the campaign will make it much more interesting, it wont be another "nemesis" type of creature, but rather a hunter of sorts. you guys will see what im saying when the campaign will be out or the mission released as a demo

A hunter? Are you saying this guy will hunt (aka stalk) you the whole mission?

Level 11
Wait I think I sort of get it, a type of "Hunter"

You guys remember the mission "Hunter of Shadows" in WC3 - ROC

Maybe's Rem's alluding to that, it's a mission where cenarious destroys most of your base and you have to find a fountain of blood and turn into chaos orcs in order to defeat him, maybe this could be something similar???

Rem

Rem

Level 7
Wow, @Purifier, you sure are good at concocting theories, no that's not what I alluded to, I never intended to allude to anything like that, Ghrenis just doesn't have his own base in many of the missions where you fight him, that's all I meant to say. You just fight him and his forces.

Last edited:
Level 16
Wait I think I sort of get it, a type of "Hunter"

You guys remember the mission "Hunter of Shadows" in WC3 - ROC

Maybe's Rem's alluding to that, it's a mission where cenarious destroys most of your base and you have to find a fountain of blood and turn into chaos orcs in order to defeat him, maybe this could be something similar???

Wow, that's one interesting idea, I'll let you get that. The Ghrenis missions are nothing like that, but this concept is very intersting, maybe we could apply it in a different mission, good job for thinking of this!

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Well, guys, it depends what you want the character to represent. For instance he was kind of pyromaniacal. Does he have cold spells because he died in a frozen land or because he was a cold person? Maybe you could add some fire to him as well and definitely something like Vampiric Aura to represent this insatiable murderous actions.

@Blake8 link me the overall story so I can give some feedback if you want.
I remember one of the characters being inspired by some real person you've met. What do you want to transmit with the story? Do you want to mirror people's personalities in a fantasy setting and convey whatever a life in said direction might lead to or you have a desire for empires, battles and fictive historical worlds?

Rem

Rem

Level 7
From what Blake said, and he mentioned a lot, Ghrenis basically weilds only ice magic (wane is an exception) and that ice and frost basically reprenesnt his personality, thinking, etc.

Level 11
Hello guy, I just realized that this new year may keep me busy once again, I'll try to be on here but I may not get the chance due to the amount of things I have to do irl, the college classes are getting harder plus there are other things on my plate, anyway I don't wanna make this sad, or kill anyone's mood, I would like to say that @Colonel Aster and @Lord Siler are going to continiue my legacy and I will try to be on here whenever time permits

well everyone, it's been fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.