• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tales of Silventria Mechanics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
After playing that old map I completely understand why you made the Milreavers like that, the mini boss units like crusaders would just massacre your forces left and right, this isn't supposed to

Level 11
long time no see, sorry I haven't been around, my schedule keeps me real busy nowadays, and I don't think I'll get that long sought break until after the 18 or 19 of this month, but I haven't forgotten about the campaign or my friends on hive, here's what I've been working on, obviously the model for this hero still needs to be found, but the abilities, general bio as well as gameplay aspects of the hero are essentially finished, you'll be going against this particular hero and trust me it wont be easy, especially if he's got some units with him

Level 10
Damn, who needs mini bosses and Milreavers when you got a unit like that, judging by the 90% health regain from the aura I'd say Ghrenis would be unstoppable with a bunch of heavy melee units around him

Level 16
Although you did write the bio, the theme of the "cold crusader" was always on our minds, you just put into words what Blake has been talking about for awhile, Ghrenis was always supposed to be this crusader who went to the northlands, saw half his fellow crusaders meet their end either on the cold and perilous journey on in ambushes on the way and then eventually came to lose his mind such that instead of proclaiming himself to be the king of a defeated city or something similar which anyone else in his position would likely do he simply slaughtered every living inhabitant of the city.

Anyway this hero is meant as a major tank and he also buffs the hell outta any friendly melee unit in his proximity, should make some missions very challenging

Level 12
Yea, I was thinking the same thing, beating this guy alone would not be a breeze, beating this guy in a group, well that would be a damn challenge

Level 16
Blake had informed me that he would have the amulet of spell immunity in his possession at all times....so it gets harder...

Level 12
It does, but what it ultimately amounts to is using aerial and ranged units to attack him, I think with enough siege weapons attacking him from afar he would be done rather quickly

Level 11
I've already discussed this with a few people, that's why I gave the hero the abiltiies he has, those abilities seem to make him very able to both boost others around him as well as fight effectively on his own, I mean I could make him even stronger but that would be too much, especially because you have to go against him several times, and in these chapters he and his troops are really all that stand between you and victory

Level 10
@Lord Aiden
you trying to purposely piss me off or are you actually trying to get feedback? cause Im getting sick of all these shots randomly thrown at me because of something I've done in the past that should be forgotten by now

Level 12
I'm sorry if you feel we're taking jabs at you, but I was sincerly looking for feedback this time, I even had convos with other team members about this. Razor was suggesting he comes with immolition or some sort of shield ability to prevent him from getting melee rushed, and Rem suggested giving him an ability that would deal 300 damage to all melee attackers around him to deter that strategy, mostly people were concerned with him being the target of multiple melee units or flying units

Level 10
Just to be creative you could give him an ability that checks if he has 4 or more hostile melee units surrounding him and then if so allows him to do 2x or 3x his base damage to them

Level 9
this guy will be like nemesis from resident evil, he will basically dog you for several missions. each time u beat him dioneve will appear and revive him and from what blake tells me hell be tough as nails, especially if youre not playing on easy

Level 12
Thought he was only meant to appear in like 2 chapters, but hey that's really interesting...you wanna develop the concept further I mean thats whatt he thread is for (and Blake said hes all for it)

Level 16
Yea he's like the nemesis in certain missions (btw people, we still need a good model, that abyss knight model sucks, so plz search for a better model)

This guy is Dioneve's Khight if that's what you wanna call it, and there's also more backstory which will be revealed in the missions, also if Blake frees up early expect the test missions to be a real challenge, we're not going easy this time

Level 16
In one of the future chapter he is the only thing that lies between you and your objective, and we don't intend this one to be easy

Level 16
If you're talking about the five towers mission then no, think more of the final mission in the frozen throne, except you're up against Ghrenis and instead of activiting 4 pillars youll have to do something else, and Ghrenis is basically your main enemy, also in the mission before that you'll have to defeat him in order to make it to a base which you'll have to take control of, it'll be one tricky mission if we develop it right

Level 12
Oh you guys are planning to do the crossing the mountain mission that we were discussing back in july? I thought you guys said it was a stupid idea

Level 16
Do you really want me to spoil the whole thing for you, or would you rather play the beta and see for yourself? the choice is yours

Level 12
Lol, naw I guess I'd rather play the beta, but this got me thinking, you guys had tons of really good ideas, what will it be and how? I mean originally Blake was talking about a mission where you had to cross a pass into a field of frost and in the middle you had to face all sorts of enemies, you had a base but only 45 food so you had to choose your units carefully, and there was a time limit I believe, I hate time limits hopefully you guys came up with someothing better

Level 16
Oh trust me, we did!

Forget about that whole scenario with 45 food, it was just an idea, this will be much different, also you will get to choose which 2nd hero goes with you on this mission, so that might be a relief,

all Im giving you is this; you're stuck in a snowstorm and you'll face off against Ghrenis

Status
Not open for further replies.