• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken Ruin's Strike v10.6

Twilight's
Sunken Ruin's Strike

221980-albums6555-picture75312.bmp

Description

Gameplay

Screanshots

Change log&Features

Credits&Notes

Story from the Outlanders

A human fleet was patroling near a ancient Island, they build a base on the island, but then strange creatures came, many of them were snake like creatures, the humans call for renforcements and then the orcs, undead and the night elves came to the island. They say that a spirit controls thees creatures, and he want to take over the world with thees creatures.

Meeting from the Outlanders
We are no match for thees creatures, we need to call our allies, Humans call the surviving High Elves, Orcs call those Red orcs, Undead awake the nerubians, now we are more powerfull.

Story from the Island Stalkers

A grate spirit told us that we are only weaklings, we are only nothing to those that control the world, we now will fight back, we will take over the world with the help from this spirit, we will not be killed by thees outlanders, we will win.

Meeting from the Island Stalkers
The outlanders have made more friends, but no mather, we will win, we will beat thees new creatures.

Outlanders: Help us stop the creatures before the whole world is lost, join us for future of the world.

Island Stalkers: Join us, and we will destroy those that set the world in flames by there wars, join us for the freedom of our planet

Description

It is like melee, but your fighting against other races. You battle with friends and computer players. You Build your base destroy the enemy's and see what great battles await.The first team is the outlanders (Human, Orc, Undead and Night Elves) the second team are the Jungle Stalkers (Mur'guls, Turtles, Naga, Crabs, Undead Horde, Ancient Undead, Ghosts and Jungle Creatures)

Chose

So witch side will you chose, the outlander for the future of the world, or the Island Stalkers for the freedom of the planet, chose wisely.

221980-albums6555-picture71262.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture71261.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture71260.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture71258.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture71259.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture71582.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture74102.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture76412.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture76413.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture76414.bmp

BTW, thees screenshot are old, I will upload new screenshots in next version.

v1.0
-New Races (Naga, Mur'guls and Skeletons)
v2.0
-New Race (Ghost)
v3.0
-Improved AI
-Improved Victory/Deffeat trigers
-Can play Custom Races
v4.0
-New Units (Flyers,Artilary)
v5.0
-New Items
-New Buildings (Altars)
-Improved AI Difficulty Levels (For Custom Races)
v6.0
-New Heroes
v7.0
-New Race (Jungle Stalkers)
v8.0
-New Race (Stormweaver Clan)
v8.1
-New Building (Shops)
v9.0
-New ability to heros/units
-New Upgrades
-New Units
v10.0
-New Upgrades
-New abilityes to units/heros/town hall
-Minior upgrades to terrain/template
-Removed the Stormweavrver clan race
-New units
-Fixed some bugs
v10.1
-New unit
-New abilities to heros
-Minior Improvements to terrain
-Fixed some bugs
-Map now more balanced
v10.2
-New abilities
-New Items
-Bug Fixes
v10.3
-Bran new 3 races (Turtles, Crabs, Ancient Undead)
-New Items
-More Abilities
-Minior Terrain Improvments
-Bug Fixes
v10.3a
-Huge Bug Fix
v10.4
-New Units (To crab race only)
-New Upgrades
-Bug Fixes
v10.5
-Can Play the Campaing Races (High Elves, Fel Orcs, Nerubians)
-Bran New AI (For Custom Races)
-Bug Fixes
v10.6
-New sistems (Tornado Spawns)
-New Boss Fights
-New Upgrades (For Nerubian, High Elf, Fel Orc races only)
-AI Fixes
-Improved Terrain
-Bug fixes

221980-albums6555-picture74099.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture74100.bmp

221980-albums6555-picture74101.bmp

Features:
In v10.6
-New Units
-New Heros (For Custom Races)
In v10.7
-New Maps Will be relesed
In v10.8
-Final Balance work

All coming soon

-Blizzard Entertainment (For Template/Terrain)
-Dan van Ohllus & Cavman (For NeDruidCat Model)
-Ultimate (For Naga Arcane Vault Model)
-D.ee (For Mana Bolt Icon)
-Ultimate (For Necropolis Model, Ancient Ziggurat Model and Icon
,Ancient Shrine Model and Icon, Anchient Valt Model and Icon)
-Edge45 (For Forsaken Catapult Model)
-MasterHaosis (For Graveyard Model)
-Supa (For HeroAbomination Model)
-Grendel (For Banisher Model)
-UgoUgo (For Shadow Assuld Model, Shadow Infernal Model and Icon, Meteor Strie Model)
-DuceGorgon (For Arch Acolyte Model)
-BloodElf300 and Uncle Fester (For HighElfPriestess Model)
-Sellenisko (For BlackrockRider Model)
-paulH (For AltarOfTheSpider Model)
-AndrewOverload519 (For CryptFlyer Model)
-Tarrasque (SpiderWarlord Model)
-acolyteofdoom (For DranaiWhite Model)
-eubz (For Plam Model)
-Callahan (For NerubianWidow Modle)
-alfredx_sotn (For Nerubian Spider Model, Crypt Fiend Modle)
-Frends

Like us on Facebook

-Thank you for downloading. Hope you like my map, comment or report if there is any bug during playing, and if I forgot someone on the credit list please pm or vm me, suggestions are welcome, have fun.

Online Gameplay

Special Note: I will make 4 maps that hase same races but not melee races, you can play only custom.

Keywords:
Altred Melee
Contents

Sunken Ruin's Strike v10.6 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet08:38, 6th July 2013 Map Approved Sunken Ruin's Strike (Version 1.0) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet08:38, 6th July 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Sunken Ruin's Strike (Version 1.0)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Another cool batch of the Altered Melee Strike, I like the idea of using a concept of undead orcs as your enemy in this map but somehow I'm expecting your going to use the Sea revenants as hero base of there tech, the Naga's tidal guardian is a bit strong because it attacks too fast, please nuke it."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"There's no actual change with the terrain but can be accepted and still you should credit Blizzard Entertainment for this."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Throughout my review, this map can be useful for those who follow your game line and adores the 'Monolith' map."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

the terrain is yours? i have the question in my mind, because an altered melee first must be approved as melee, and i dont remember to see this map before.

Abgm, almost all my maps are altered melee on custom terrain and never approved as melee.
That said, I agree, that the same map 4 times doesn't sit well for me either. If they were really good then yes ok, make a nice map pack. But there is real room for improvement here, and I don't see it happening. I think this map should be approved based on its quality (which I think is just above passing), but how many more "strike" maps can there be?

Also description should be improved. I would like to hear about the races and which ones can be played and which are creep races. As I recall, you don't get to play the custom races. Tell me about the AI and the items... everything. More information is always a plus. This description is really short.

Level 13
Alright I will fix
And ghost race, not bad I will make ghosts race but I ll wait for other's suggestions

Fixed Description
and

BTW I am also making Northrend Mep

Last edited:
Level 2
Have not played yet, just going to.
Seems odd that Mur'guls and Naga are two different sides, while Mur'guls have been enslaved by Naga. The mining Naga are weird too.
Mb replace Mur'gols with Murlocs and add first ones like slaves to Naga.

Level 13
well OK but I alredy made a race (ghosts, like the island is haunted) but thanks anyway now I am making Dalaran's Strike, I will put it on hive today :D

UPDATED v3.0

I Almost forgot, If you like this version, tell me to update Barren's Strike is you like.

Last edited:
Level 32
it was 1/5 because it didnt had custom races but i didnt know that team 2 has custom races ill try playing it again

Not to be harsh, but that makes no sense what so ever. Rate it before you are not done evaluating it isn't good. If you didn't know, shouldn't you not know what to rate?

1/5 for this map is not right.

EDIT: I checked out your other map twilight, so I'm not only trying to be nice :)

Last edited:
Level 6
okay okay i think 4/5 now but there is one problem when computers use those custom races then there are some problems somewhy when i took the race that is custom it said i must build a town hall or i will be revealed and other thing is that the computers that are using custom races have too crazy AI the game was like only 20 minutes because in such a short time they had mega army already

Level 17
I like these sort of maps, especially when playing with creeps (altered Monolith etc). I think several things could have been better though and some things were messy.

:fp: No custom abilities. Especially the heroes are boring. One of the Naga heroes is basically a Shadow Hunter undercover as Naga Siren.
:fp: Creep races were not really original (mainly Naga). This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but their units were not original too. Grab some custom models (especially for the Naga and Ghosts are there plenty of usefull custom models) and make totally different units with custom abilities.
:fp: No ability on the Nage Mage/Siren was automatically auto-cast (this sounds minor but it is a bit annoying when you have to check it each time you train that unit).
:fp: Items on the creep naga temple of tides had weird button postions.
:fp: Tooltips of units are incomplete, lacking info (e.g. about abilities and general usage).

Your map idea has more potential. Do more unique races like with Sea Giants etc. I would love to see that :wink:.

Also I think it would be more fun if normal races have something extra/custom too. Like 2 new units, some new upgrades and maybe even an extra tower.

Level 13
[K40$]-Spectre;2398229 said:
I like these sort of maps, especially when playing with creeps (altered Monolith etc). I think several things could have been better though and some things were messy.

:fp: No custom abilities. Especially the heroes are boring. One of the Naga heroes is basically a Shadow Hunter undercover as Naga Siren.
:fp: Creep races were not really original (mainly Naga). This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but their units were not original too. Grab some custom models (especially for the Naga and Ghosts are there plenty of usefull custom models) and make totally different units with custom abilities.
:fp: No ability on the Nage Mage/Siren was automatically auto-cast (this sounds minor but it is a bit annoying when you have to check it each time you train that unit).
:fp: Items on the creep naga temple of tides had weird button postions.
:fp: Tooltips of units are incomplete, lacking info (e.g. about abilities and general usage).

Your map idea has more potential. Do more unique races like with Sea Giants etc. I would love to see that :wink:.

Also I think it would be more fun if normal races have something extra/custom too. Like 2 new units, some new upgrades and maybe even an extra tower.

I will make a map that hase more than 4 custom races, I will make 3 teams, 1 team for old races, 2 for campaing races, 3 for custom. On this map I will make custom abilities, add upgrades and so on.

Level 17
I will make a map that hase more than 4 custom races, I will make 3 teams, 1 team for old races, 2 for campaing races, 3 for custom. On this map I will make custom abilities, add upgrades and so on.
, sounds good. A nice base map for this would be Riverrun. But maybe just skip the whole campaign races idea, since many other maps already have those. I think the appeal of Monolith-like maps is that it features races that are (mostly) new with new tactics & groovy creeps. That way you can use some campaign buildings and units for your custom races. Anyway, here is some +rep to keep you motivated :thumbs_up:.

Level 6
another new map with custom races :O
seem custom races are being regular now
P/s: this need many RAM to run swiftly, isnt it?

Level 13
This map is very old and, No this dosent need ram to run swiftly.

OH and I almost Forgot, I will make stormwaver clan race, troll race and some undead race like undead jungle stalkers.

Last edited:
Level 17
I tried the jungle stalkers and the skeleton/undead custom races (in v8). Jungle Stalkers have almost nothing (2 units and 1 hero), whats with the Jungle Stalker hate?? :p

The skeleton/undead race is a good addition as a custom race (for some reason it is just cool to play with an army of bones :csmile:). There are definitely some things that could be improved though;

- skeleton/undead cannot buy a town portal. Seems unfair.
- needs more units.
- needs custom skeletonh heroes (e.g. like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/deadeye-113615/?prev=mmr%3D6%26r%3D20%26page%3D2 or this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/skeleton-king-95759/?prev=search%3Dskeleton%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26t%3D2)

Would be nice if you give all the custom race unique towers too instead of standerd ones.

Also you should really start using custom models, it make your custom races look alot better (especially for heroes).

Level 10
i just tested the map and this is what i found:

- teams are called "player" and "enemys" , enemies is how need to be writed not enemys...
- man why only "enemys" team get custom race?
- I played with sceleton race and they dont have any upgrades pls add some.

-Terrain is quite good and map is interesting but you need to add few more things....more upgrades,units...etc
- Also you can add dialog on map start with names of races so player can chose custom.

4.5/5 = 5

+ rep

Level 13
Thanks freez for review, I am working on new upgrades, new abilityes for heros/units, finishing the jungle stalker race and stormever caln. +rep (Give me time to spread)

Last edited:
Level 13
New Update, bug fixes, the worker for jungle stalkers cauldent repair the ancients (fixed) oh and some one say that game is to short, think again last time I played was 1 hour, and hardly survived 3v2 all insane, I will show the replay, then see it for your self. BTW thanks for many downloads, map hit 1000, thanks a lot evryone, realy want to give you people some reps :D

Last edited:
Level 30
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: The Sunken Ruins v10.2
Map Author: Twilight

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

An altered melee map that has the requirements to be approved of course. I like the new races most likely the Murguls and another variations of Undead which uses Skeletons as base units. Though, you could add some more of a change to better make it such as making maybe custom items being sold at Buildings and Neutral Buildings? There are many possibilities and it is up to you which will look good!

Score: 61/100

Presentation

Good presentation, is quite informative though has many grammartical errors which is bad and also points for you on trying to make your own original Template for a description though you got to fix those grammatical error and maybe make it better for it still has many possibilities for improvements.

Score: 56/100

Design

Has no custom load screen or minimap preview image but is fine though could have accumulated more because for the good visuals. Other things such as icons, special effects, and models looks much fine and nothing is wrong.

Score: 59/100

Terrain

Terrain looks rather good though it could use more unique way of tile variation for a better touch at the atmosphere to be honest and also more decors at some empty points though not much at Base Points for it will be much of an inconvenience there.

Score: 65/100

Triggers

Nothing much to say.... triggers are well documented or arranged and looks much fine. Nothing much to judge from here.

Score: 91/100

Object Data

Even though its a good idea of having custom units for new races of course, some units just looks weird in many ways such as the Albatross of the Murgul Race. It has of no relation to this race and also it has no attack animation which pretty much looks weird when he attacks. I do think this is the only thing I find weird at this map.

Score: 48/100

Gameplay

Overall, game looks good for an altered melee and I like the idea of the new races for you recycled much of the original units of Warcraft III and compiled them to make a new race such as the Murlocs. Though even with an acceptable change to be consider as altered melee, I think it will eb much better with more changes to better make it.

Score: 60/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

First, fix the grammatical errors at your Descriptions for it is really a reduction for Presentation, Second, terrain is pretty much open for improvements and I have said out my suggestions how and lastly, you might want to consider changing the Albatross to a something more that fits the race of Murguls.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 62.857/100
3/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)