• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoner

Level 19
Summoner

Summoners are very powerful offensive spellcasters of the Bloodbane Clan. Their powerful earth magic gives them the ability to totally destroy enemies upon contact. Because of the immense strength the Summoners need, they aren't very cunning in combat and have to stay at the same position as long as they can to build up powerful devastating earth magic. Summoners are because of this very fragile and should kill their enemies before they get killed.

4265466010e1da2297bd0f9b63b70922acaa1c8.jpg

Special System:
Summoners use sturdiness as their special system. Their sturdiness passively increases their damage done by a huge amount. They can have a maximum of 100 sturdiness to get the full effect of 50% bonus to Earth damage. However, whenever a Summoner moves or takes damage the sturdiness decreases while it increases if the Summoner isn't moving at all.

A Summoner as a damage dealer:
Because of the fact Summoners are stronger when they're left alone while not moving at all Summoners are very good for PvE. They can deal alot of damage withoud using much energy as long as they won't get attacked. Because of this Summoners are a very populair for various events as long as they don't have to move in it.

A Summoner in PvP (player vs. player):
Summoners are a hard-to-play class in PvP. They can do alot of damage if they're left alone but whenever the enemy finds out they have to put pressure on the Summoner the Summoner will get in trouble. Because of this Summoners should try to surprise their enemy and kill him as fast as they can before they have to move, and battles should consist of running away, generating sturdiness and then unleashing Earth magic over and over again.

Abilities:

Fissure
42656568238040a5b062226dd24f1e3b8fc0b25.jpg

Cooldown: 5.00 seconds
Cast: 1.50 (autocast)
Range: 700 Range
Cost: 25 Energy
Description: Deals Int*2.8 earth damage to the target and reduces it's movement speed by 90% for 1 second.
Enhancement
4265664594cee629afa7adc81302dca5becd3ca.jpg

Cooldown: 8.00 second
Cast: 3.00 Channel
Range: -
Cost: 15 Energy
Description: Summons stones around the Summoner to deal Int*0.8 earth damage whenever the Summoner gets attacked by a melee hit. The stones can also be unleashed by casting Fissure on an enemy; dealing Int*0.8 additional damage per summoned stone. Enhancement summons 1 stone per second.
Grip of Earth
15990511750d597bfcf0c02946302caf39e329d2.jpg

Cooldown: 120.00 seconds
Cast: 6.00 Channel
Range: 700 Range
Cost: 65 Energy
Description: Immobilizes and silences enemy units in a selected area while giving the Summoner control of the ground beneath them. Allowing him to slowly move the ground below the units; dragging the units with it while dealing Int*0.9 Earth damage per second. This ability doesn't work on the Summoner himself.
The abilities above are just a part of the hero's abilities and might change as well.

Last edited:
Level 19
Ehm... I don't get why you call him a "Summoner" since he doesn't summon stuff.

He summons stones and earth. If you would see the spell animations you would know why. And I like the name because everyone will ask the same question:p
If he's finished you will understand the name.;)

Level 8
A really unique concept. Its really nice how you come up with so nice ideas for heroes, so we wont be bored with the same old classess ^^

Level 17
maybe summoner is some guy with demons etc cause summonser should summon summons witch are some monsters or smth aint there?

I have absolutely no idea what you said there, here is my answer to what I interpret it to be.

The 'classic' summoner is a mage that follows in the school of conjuration or demonology. However, the word summon has many meanings and even then it can be interpreted differently such as this summoner hero 'summons' stone and earth. It really is original, even for a class name.

Level 11
I have absolutely no idea what you said there, here is my answer to what I interpret it to be.

The 'classic' summoner is a mage that follows in the school of conjuration or demonology. However, the word summon has many meanings and even then it can be interpreted differently such as this summoner hero 'summons' stone and earth. It really is original, even for a class name.

u win xD + rep ;d

Level 8

That's what makes the idea original and cool ^^

Level 19
And that's why I like the summoner!

Let's come with something from Wc3 Melee games. Keeper of the Groove summons roots. You can 'grab' roots so people usually think summoning something means you make something appear that's touchable like a summoned demon or water elemental. But people forget summoning means just making something to appear even if it's "regular magic". So this little fellow summons stones and rocks.:D

Level 8
Btw, I think that it will fit more to rename it to "Conjurer". This way its more right and people wont be so confused.

Level 19
Btw, I think that it will fit more to rename it to "Conjurer". This way its more right and people wont be so confused.

He aint a juicemachine!:p
It's fine like now:p People you can try whatever you want but this will stay the name:p

Level 2
leave the name as it is, I can see you want it that way and its trivial anyways. buut to summon usually pertains to a someone, not a something. Evokers bring about things that aren't necessarily creatures - maybe that fits the bill?

Level 19
For now I think that names are the least I should think of. Maybe we change some names in the open beta, however so far I don't have probs with summoner yet. Just let us finish the beta and then start giving suggestions for names:p

Level 2
like this, thanks for built a unique one, this is my favourite class.:thumbs_up:

----------------------------------------------------
sorry for my bad english