• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Huntress (Will be replaced)

Level 19
Huntress

Introduction:
The Huntress is a female warrior using all the nature has to offer to best her foes. A master of combat, the Huntress is capable of striking unwitting foes with her whip. With a stable of pets at her command, a Huntress can adapt to her opponents' strengths and weaknesses. Huntresses also use spirit skills to defend their selves or attack enemies. Spirit skills are abilities that call the help of spirit beasts to attack enemies or defend the Huntress and her companion.
A Huntress is accompanied by her pet, a loyal animal companion. A Huntress has four different pets at her call, but generally speaking, only one pet can be active at any time. She can summon a bear, wolf, boar or 2 dogs. Pets' base health, armor, and damage are based on the level of the player that owns them.

huntressh.jpg

Pet Energy:
Rather than manage a unique resource in combat, a Huntress will manage her pet’s energy, assigning them a behavior from aggressive to passive. A Huntress can also manage his pet by giving commands based on defending or attacking. Whenever the energy of a pet reaches 0 it will have to rest for up to 8 seconds to regenerate the energy. During this time the Huntress will be on her own until the pet is ready to join combat again.

Playing as a Huntress:
To excel as a Huntress you must carefully observe the flow of the battle and choose the best companion for the situation at hand. A Huntress must always be aware of his opponent's playstyle. This is critical to making the most of his maneuvers and the abilities associated with them. A Huntress should also fight with a cool head and understand that her burst should only be unleashed at the most ideal moment on a weakened opponent. The use of her spirit beasts is also important to defeat opponents in various different ways.

Playing against a Huntress:
When fighting a Huntress you must always be aware of her companions, and disable or eliminate them early. If a player does not do so, the Huntress will constantly be combining her strengths with those of her pet and eventually out damage you, making it difficult to catch up with her. Ranged attackers should attempt to keep the Huntress’ companions at a distance. Making it impossible for them to hit you will reduce the damage output of a Huntress by a lot.

Preview:
-

Abilities:

Commanding Strike
commandingstrike.jpg

Cooldown: 5.00 seconds
Cast: instant (autocast)
Range: 250 Range
Cost: 25 Energy
Description: Deals Agi*1.6 damage to the target and orders the Huntress’ pets to use their special ability. Dogs increase the attack and movement speed of their selves by 25% for 8 seconds. A bear deals Agi*0.8 physical damage to the target; reducing its chance to hit by 15% for 8 seconds. A boar deals Agi*0.7 physical damage to the target; reducing its armor by 15% for 8 seconds.
And a wolf deals Agi*1.2 physical damage to the target.
Summon Companion
summoncompanion.jpg

Cooldown: 30.00 seconds
Cast: 1.00 cast
Range: -
Cost: 35 Energy
Description: Allows the Huntress to summon her companions. She can chose between 2 dogs, a boar, a bear or a wolf. Dogs deal low damage and have low health but are very fast. Whenever one of the dogs dies the other one will start resurrecting it; taking up to 5 seconds. Boars are average damage dealers with decent health and excellent at disabling enemies. Whenever a Boar reaches 0 energy he will enrage for 8 seconds but will have to rest for 10 seconds afterwards. Bears are high stamina tanks with a decent damage output. Whenever a bear reaches 0 energy he will go to sleep; regenerating his health and energy over time. Wolves are damage dealers with high physical damage but low health. Resting only takes up to 2.5 seconds for a wolf; making it an excellent companion for long battles.
Spirits of the Forest
spiritsoftheforest.jpg

Cooldown: 30 seconds
Cast: instant
Range: -
Cost: 45 Energy
Description: Summons 3 invisible spirit stags that will protect the Huntress for 12 seconds. If during this time the Huntress or one of her pets gets attacked, a spirit stag will become visible and chase the attacker; eventually dealing Agi*1.2 Air damage to the target while causing a small ministun.
The abilities above are just a part of the hero's abilities and might change as well.

Last edited:
Level 19
Replacing the Ranger?

Nope. This is the 8th Gryphonwing Class.
Slowly progessing on making it though, cus I'm on my own now. But since it's christmas break I have some time left to spend on it.:)
Gryphonwing has: Rune Warrior, Stone Guard, Sage, Chanter, Ranger, Redeemer, Huntress, Engineer.

Edit: Ah I see I didn't reveal the Stone Guard yet lol. Well he's like 50% done already. Suppose I reveal him soon.

Level 19
Archmage is still there, he just decided to become evil and joined the Defilers;-)
This because every faction has 2 heavy armored, 4 medium armored and 2 light armored classes.
For light armor that means 1 of them is a dmg dealer, the other one is a healer.

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
its great that you keep on working on it!
We will wait, even if it will take a long time!

Level 19
Decided to remove this class to make place for a more awesome concept.
Currently PROXY is making a model for the new concept.
Once the model is done I'll release more info about it.

The faction just needed an 8th class that combines strength with agility. A rogueish knight will join the faction instead of the Huntress. Also because pets are already for the Engineer and this new concept deals into some sort of a shapeshifting mechanic, but not like a druid or anything. You will hear more about this soon.

Level 19
Hehe. Well there are more reasons that I decided to remove the Huntress.
It looks a bit too much at the Ranger in my opinion. It's just more close combat oriented, and not that the Ranger has pets, their 'lore' or playstyles might look a bit the same.
Every faciton will have enough possibilities to play with strength, agi and int. The Gryphonwing faction just needed another hero that has the option to go with strength as well as agility.
There also was need for a more stealth oriented class for the Gryphonwing since the other factions both have a rogue kind of class with stealth.

This new hero is a high elven knight with a 2-handed sword that can chose to work with agility or strength. With agility it focusses on mobility, a bit of stealth and some weakening attacks. With strength it focusses on burst, cleaving, a bit of healing and support.

The main mechanic of this new class will have to do with some sort of a methamorphosis concept. Playing with strength will empower this hero's 2nd nature while agility will improve his normal form.

As you might see from my avatar I'm a Heroes of Newerth player. Some of my class idea's come from there. I would describe this new class as some sort of a combination between Nomad, Magmus and Myrmidon. So for those that know Heroes of Newerth can maybe see what kind of a playstyle the class has.

Well, enough spoiler talk.:)
You will hear more when the model is done and some gameplay can be shown.

Level 19
Cant wait ! Btw. did you tried DOTA 2? I highly recommended it to you ! =D

Didn't play Dota 2 yet, though I've seen it at a friend.
I'm just a casual HoN player so I don't feel like learning all those new Dota 2 items again and different names.
In my opinion it's all the same anyway, just a bit different looks.:)

Level 15
Didn't play Dota 2 yet, though I've seen it at a friend.
I'm just a casual HoN player so I don't feel like learning all those new Dota 2 items again and different names.
In my opinion it's all the same anyway, just a bit different looks.:)

If you want I can give you a key ! :wink:
Honestly, no offense, but HoN is dying, heroes are low quality, S2 dont listen to community, they just want to take some money before they publish HoN 2 ( some HoN pros said something about that), and DOTA 2 is growing beast my friend, every day DOTA is stronger and bigger !

EDIT: Can we get more news about upcoming class ? Maybe replace this Huntress already ? And I am really interested to see that new class, because last time I checked Nomad is semi-carry, Magmus is initiator and Myrmidon is support, so we have 3 different heroes whit really different game styles ! =D