1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Summoner

Discussion in 'The Oakwood Forest' started by Sephalo, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Summoner

Summoners are very powerful offensive spellcasters of the Bloodbane Clan. Their powerful earth magic gives them the ability to totally destroy enemies upon contact. Because of the immense strength the Summoners need, they aren't very cunning in combat and have to stay at the same position as long as they can to build up powerful devastating earth magic. Summoners are because of this very fragile and should kill their enemies before they get killed.

[​IMG]

Special System:
    Summoners use sturdiness as their special system. Their sturdiness passively increases their damage done by a huge amount. They can have a maximum of 100 sturdiness to get the full effect of 50% bonus to Earth damage. However, whenever a Summoner moves or takes damage the sturdiness decreases while it increases if the Summoner isn't moving at all.

A Summoner as a damage dealer:
    Because of the fact Summoners are stronger when they're left alone while not moving at all Summoners are very good for PvE. They can deal alot of damage withoud using much energy as long as they won't get attacked. Because of this Summoners are a very populair for various events as long as they don't have to move in it.

A Summoner in PvP (player vs. player):
    Summoners are a hard-to-play class in PvP. They can do alot of damage if they're left alone but whenever the enemy finds out they have to put pressure on the Summoner the Summoner will get in trouble. Because of this Summoners should try to surprise their enemy and kill him as fast as they can before they have to move, and battles should consist of running away, generating sturdiness and then unleashing Earth magic over and over again.

Abilities:

Fissure
    [​IMG]
    Cooldown: 5.00 seconds
    Cast: 1.50 (autocast)
    Range: 700 Range
    Cost: 25 Energy
    Description: Deals Int*2.8 earth damage to the target and reduces it's movement speed by 90% for 1 second.

Enhancement
    [​IMG]
    Cooldown: 8.00 second
    Cast: 3.00 Channel
    Range: -
    Cost: 15 Energy
    Description: Summons stones around the Summoner to deal Int*0.8 earth damage whenever the Summoner gets attacked by a melee hit. The stones can also be unleashed by casting Fissure on an enemy; dealing Int*0.8 additional damage per summoned stone. Enhancement summons 1 stone per second.

Grip of Earth
    [​IMG]
    Cooldown: 120.00 seconds
    Cast: 6.00 Channel
    Range: 700 Range
    Cost: 65 Energy
    Description: Immobilizes and silences enemy units in a selected area while giving the Summoner control of the ground beneath them. Allowing him to slowly move the ground below the units; dragging the units with it while dealing Int*0.9 Earth damage per second. This ability doesn't work on the Summoner himself.

The abilities above are just a part of the hero's abilities and might change as well.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ehm... I don't get why you call him a "Summoner" since he doesn't summon stuff.

3. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    He summons stones and earth. If you would see the spell animations you would know why. And I like the name because everyone will ask the same question:p
    If he's finished you will understand the name.;)

4. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    A really unique concept. Its really nice how you come up with so nice ideas for heroes, so we wont be bored with the same old classess ^^

5. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like I reached my goal!:p
    Thanks.d

6. mnib

mnib

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    its more like earth mage

7. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    +5 points for stating the obvious! -_-

8. Ciebron

Ciebron

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I like this concept, we all have seen "summoners" with demons... lame

9. mnib

mnib

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    maybe summoner is some guy with demons etc cause summonser should summon summons witch are some monsters or smth aint there?

10. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have absolutely no idea what you said there, here is my answer to what I interpret it to be.

The 'classic' summoner is a mage that follows in the school of conjuration or demonology. However, the word summon has many meanings and even then it can be interpreted differently such as this summoner hero 'summons' stone and earth. It really is original, even for a class name.

11. mnib

mnib

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    u win xD + rep ;d

12. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's what makes the idea original and cool ^^

13. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    And that's why I like the summoner!

Let's come with something from Wc3 Melee games. Keeper of the Groove summons roots. You can 'grab' roots so people usually think summoning something means you make something appear that's touchable like a summoned demon or water elemental. But people forget summoning means just making something to appear even if it's "regular magic". So this little fellow summons stones and rocks.:D

14. mnib

mnib

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    hmm maybe ;d iwas thinkign so lameish xD just forgot sumomons can be everything xD SUMMON TECHNIQ XD:ugly:

15. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Btw, I think that it will fit more to rename it to "Conjurer". This way its more right and people wont be so confused.

16. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    He aint a juicemachine!:p
    It's fine like now:p People you can try whatever you want but this will stay the name:p

17. mnib

mnib

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    yep conjurer is better name thought of illusionis but its more mirrior cloens

18. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    (-_-)

19. FullScale

FullScale

Resources:
    Resources:
    leave the name as it is, I can see you want it that way and its trivial anyways. buut to summon usually pertains to a someone, not a something. Evokers bring about things that aren't necessarily creatures - maybe that fits the bill?

20. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    For now I think that names are the least I should think of. Maybe we change some names in the open beta, however so far I don't have probs with summoner yet. Just let us finish the beta and then start giving suggestions for names:p