• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion] Unit expiration timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
This refers to the unit timed life bar applied to to temporary summons or when using the jass native native UnitApplyTimedLife takes unit whichUnit, integer buffId, real duration returns nothing.

• add an option to pause/resume it.
  • add an option to abort it without the unit dying
  • add an option to change the color
  • add an option to change the label
  • add an option to display the current value onMouseHover
  • basically allow us to have custom bars

Last edited:
Level 9
Pausing and resuming timed life is already possible, we have UnitPauseTimedLife for that. Removing it without killing the unit is also possible, check [post=2790363]here[/post] (though it would be nice if Blizzard gave us a way to do that without relying on Phoenix).

Btw, this has been already suggested in the wish list.

Level 26
Pausing and resuming timed life is already possible, we have UnitPauseTimedLife for that.

Okay.

Removing it without killing the unit is also possible, check [post=2790363]here[/post] (though it would be nice if Blizzard gave us a way to do that without relying on Phoenix).

I have partaken in the discussion as well but that's not much of a viable practice. Morphing and killing (semi-killing) units comes with a number of issues.

Btw, this has been already suggested in the wish list.

I have checked the sticky (first post), not seen or found it and the entries there are not verbose. Even if it is documented, I think it's better to have modulary threads, so the details can be shared, progress and motivation. I suggested this forum as an interface to speak to Blizzard, so we have to kinda explain things for them to understand, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.