• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to name an expiration timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to name an expiration timer without changing one of the existing timer buffs.
I've read through the following thread and while it is a helpful starting point I want to keep all of the original abilities so that solution isn't an option.
[Solved] - Custom Expiration Timer

GUIExpTim.pngJassExpTim.png

Since the timer description changes when you alter the name of some of the premade buffs, there must be some kind of check in the code to forward the buffid name-string to the description. Anybody know where to find that / how to implement that.

Both GUI and Jass solutions are welcome.

Level 2
Thank you @Pyrogasm for the quick answer. I will have to make do with the generic timer for now then.

Does someone know how to create a custom UI interface bar, which can be named. As in, creating an overlay of the original timer as a workaround.

If this is too specific for this subforum, please direct me where to ask this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.