• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Custom Expiration Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
€dit: I found a solution

Hi!

I've got a question about the possibilities of expiration timers. (No expirience with JASS)
I made a little test:

I created this simple actions
  • Einheit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing 270.00 degrees
  • Einheit - Add a 60.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
and a copy of a random Expiration Timer Buff (e.g. Water Elemental)
It got the ID "B000".

Now I converted the Trigger into text:
JASS:
    call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'hfoo', Player(0), GetRectCenter(GetPlayableMapRect()), 270.00 )
    call UnitApplyTimedLifeBJ( 60, 'BTLF', GetLastCreatedUnit() )

I just changed the code of the Generic Expiration Timer (BTLF) to "B000".
It still uses the text of the Generic Expiration Timer. Is it impossible to make your own custom expiration timer with Custom Script or did I something wrong?

Last edited:

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
A really simple solution^^

I just edited one of the existing types (Force of Nature, Water Elemental etc.) in the Buff Editor. This affects all the units that get a expiration timer of such a type.
The only thing I wanted is to remove the text in the lasting line of the expiration timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.