• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expiration Timer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm creating a mind control spell and having that gauge showing the amt of time left that the unit will be controlled would really help.

So, in short, is it possible to remove an expiration timer (i know how to add one) from a unit with an expiration timer? thanks.

Level 9
Ever tried to set the timer to 0 seconds... dunno if it will work but its worth a try

Level 40
Heres an idea

When the origional unit's expiration timer gets to [.01] seconds, just Replace the unit with another one of itself, and convert the control

You can also try

Custom Script: call UnitRemoveAbility( udg_MyUnit, 'BTlf' )

Which assumes that you have the mind control unit in a MyUnit Unit variable, and you are using a Generic expiration timer. Im not sure if this works, but its worth a shot.

Level 11
I've already tried removing 'BTLF', but it kills the unit instantly. I tried pausing the timer, and then removing the ability, but it neither worked.
The only thing that you can do is replacing the unit, but be carefull, all variables that refer to the original unit will be 'nullified'. Problems could occur with items, and aahh yes, abilities (if we're talking about a hero).

Status
Not open for further replies.