• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion: About -pvp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Make a command to undo -pvp, such as -ally "color", since currently, If you -pvp someone you will be their enemy until the end of the game.

Also, make -ally force both players to get allied, so harassment due to PvP could be decreased.

Level 10
Your information is slightly misinformed if you -pvp someone you aren't there enemy for the rest of the game. It goes off after roughly a minute or so of neither of you touching each other. Having said that I do like the idea of an -ally color to make it speed up faster.

Level 3
Your information is slightly misinformed if you -pvp someone you aren't there enemy for the rest of the game. It goes off after roughly a minute or so of neither of you touching each other. Having said that I do like the idea of an -ally color to make it speed up faster.

Oh, didn't know about that 1 minute thingy. But still, a Valid point to adding -ally to speed it up and to reduce harassment.

Level 13
thirded, command would be handy zwieb, so people aren't forced to wait in order to get back to it.

or make people agree to the pvp, like in tweve, along with a command to end it.
Nah. What about melee classes that can a-click allies?

Agreeable pvp could still be abused. In fact, you could abuse it much easier than non-agreeable pvp.

Also, -ally could be abused both for grieving players without getting harmed, but also to make certain bosses easier (in situation where you have to attack allies).

Level 3
Nah. What about melee classes that can a-click allies?

Agreeable pvp could still be abused. In fact, you could abuse it much easier than non-agreeable pvp.

Also, -ally could be abused both for grieving players without getting harmed, but also to make certain bosses easier (in situation where you have to attack allies).

I am not asking for you to not allow us to attack allies with -ally, just to be a way to undo -pvp faster. Pretty much.

Level 13
Regardless of what you do, someone is going to manage to exploit the ability to attack allies at will. Certain classes have advantages in auto attacking, others in general nuking just to piss people off.

Have you ever gone up against a ranger with the ensnare talent? Shit isn't fun.

Personally, I'd say the -Ally command would support the gameplay much more than it would promote exploitation. If the exploit you're referring to is pvping allies and then -allying them when they attempt to respond, that kind of shit isn't really a justifiable reason to neglect the idea of what could potentially be an important command.

Its not exactly a primary concern, the lack of said -ally command, but it would certainly help in making runs more efficient when say, you're removing an afk from a dungeon and you don't want to have to kill them in order to get them off you.

If anything, the command would act as a solid defense against people who are griefing, rather than those who are not. As we've all said before, if people are assholes, simply don't play with them.

Its not exactly a primary concern, the lack of said -ally command, but it would certainly help in making runs more efficient when say, you're removing an afk from a dungeon and you don't want to have to kill them in order to get them off you.
How does that help here? Even when you kill people inside a dungeon, they won't spawn outside the dungeon, no matter if -pvp is on or not.

I can reduce the time until players get allied again to a minute, to make it less of a waiting after pvp.

Level 13
How does that help here? Even when you kill people inside a dungeon, they won't spawn outside the dungeon, no matter if -pvp is on or not.

I can reduce the time until players get allied again to a minute, to make it less of a waiting after pvp.

If you -pvp someone, you're able to pull the player outside of the dungeon, or at least, D3. Anything where they can complete their pathing to you, or, you can tactfully lure them into the circles of D1/D2. Its a viable technique I've used when people go afk at the worst possible times but in order to prevent them dying I'd have to kill them myself or.... -ally them :D

Level 3
Nah, I won't put it in. I don't like the idea that you can unpvp people at will. There are several ways how this could be exploited to grief players.

If people want to grief, they will grief with or without the -ally command anyway.

This is a command for legitimate players, and you should consider as that, since there will be no stop to griefers If they want to grief.

If you -pvp someone, you're able to pull the player outside of the dungeon, or at least, D3. Anything where they can complete their pathing to you, or, you can tactfully lure them into the circles of D1/D2. Its a viable technique I've used when people go afk at the worst possible times but in order to prevent them dying I'd have to kill them myself or.... -ally them :D
But how does -ally help then?
If the player you lured out is afk anyway, you shouldn't have any problems waiting 2 minutes for the pvp timer to reset?

Level 8
Zwieb put it like this.

Player 1: Goes afk said he would be 3-4 mins but takes longer and you wan't to get the run done.
Player 2: Want's to lure him out of the dungeon but doesn't want to kill him or die him self.

Actually nvm you rarely play your own map so you don't understand what people are talking about.

Level 13
But how does -ally help then?
If the player you lured out is afk anyway, you shouldn't have any problems waiting 2 minutes for the pvp timer to reset?

Well the timer resets every time one of the respective units attacks another, so you have to kill them in order to remove yourself from their agro zone. Then, on top of that, if you DO go anywhere near them within that two minutes, regardless of how unlikely it is, if they hit you, its back on. -Ally would remove the need for the timer altogether, so when people are pvping there aren't restrictions on what could be assumed as well planned strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.