• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stun Snippet v1.2

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Stun Snippet
IMPORT GUIDE :
1. Enable "Tick the Automatically create unknown variables ..." located at File>Preference>General
2. Import TimedSpecialEffect and PauseUnitExto your map if any of them is not yet imported.
3. Copy the StunSnippet Folder in the Trigger Editor
4. Configure the StunSnippetConfig trigger according to the comments provided
5. Configure the unit/hero using the ability to have the ability
SNIPPET INFORMATION :
A stun snippet I wrote for the ease of creating stuns with the new BlzUnitPauseEx native. This system easily stuns a unit over a set duration with specific SFX so people can make variations of their stun (freeze, shocked, etc) with ease.

In order to stun a unit, set the following variables:
  • Actions
    • Set StunSnippet__StunnedUnit = (Unit you want to Stun)
    • Set StunSnippet__Duration = (For how long in seconds?)
    • Trigger - Run StunSnippet_TRegister (checking conditions)
StunnedUnit translates to the unit being stunned, while the duration determines how long the stun lasts. This is the most basic use of this snippet.

If you want specific SFX to be used instead of the default twirl over the head, you can add two additional variables to determine them:
  • Actions
    • Set StunSnippet__StunnedUnit = (Unit you want to Stun)
    • Set StunSnippet__Duration = (For how long in seconds?)
    • Set StunSnippet__SFX = Abilities\Spells\Undead\FreezingBreath\FreezingBreathTargetArt.mdl
    • Set StunSnippet__AttachPoint = origin
    • Trigger - Run StunSnippet_TRegister (checking conditions)
This one will, instead of the twirl, uses the Frost Wyrm freezing breath effect attached to the origin of the unit (usually around center point of the body).

Since this is meant as a snippet for quick stunning, I do not provide additional utilities like Stun Engine or Stun System. The only addition I provided as of current is the SFX control, which is something that I personally need for future use.
MEDIA SHOWCASE :
CHANGELOG :
Version 1.2:
- Added an alive check so the effect automatically cleaned on death
Version 1.1:
- Updated TimedSpellEffect from v1.5 to v1.7
- Added StunSnippetStart and StunSnippetLoop for users
Version 1.0: Released

CREDIT :
- MyPad for PauseUnitEx
- Ricola3D for the Classification of GUI, JASS, vJASS Systems as of Today thread
Contents

Stun Snippet v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
Wrda
Moved to Awating update as requested by the resource owner. Short explanation: Clash of a dependency's different versions when imported with other resources of the same owner.