• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stronghold v5.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
rh4ja0.jpg

Made by Void Ray

This map is based on Stronghold crusader game but is a little different from it.

There are four castles in the map located at the corners. The maximum number of players is 8 and there are two teams agiants each other. For each castle there are two players one is the legion which has the most responsibility and the second one is guild which the player controls tunnelers and engineers which he can build buildings such as walls and towers with it they can also build siege equipment.

There is also a note at the start of the game which explains how the game is played you can view it anytime by typing -help in game.

There is also a sound list which was forgotten to mention you can use them by trying from numbers 1 to 8.

Versions:

5.3: First one uploaded.
5.4: New building: Medic camp--> Heals units while out of combat,Balance changes.

SCREEN SHOTS:

2i07i94_th.jpg
2nqv34k_th.jpg
2s5xjdv_th.jpg
15wbay8_th.jpg

NOTE: THIS MAP ISN'T MINE. I ACTUALLY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ITS CREATION. IT'S ORIGINALLY MADE BY VOID RAY ON HIVE. HE ASKED ME TO DO THE UPLOADING FOR HIM AND I DID AND THE ONLY THING I DID WAS THE UPLOADING WHICH MEANS I DID EVERYTHING ON HIVE.

PERMISSION: Stronghold v5.3
Contents

Stronghold v5.4 (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
If this map is not your, then change the author. Also, we need proof that you have permission to upload it before anything else. Awaiting update until you adress those issues.
deepstrasz
The screenshots are too small to be seen. The loading screen says voidcarrier. At least there's a void word there. I suggest a detailed guide in the Quest Log which would have a decent visual aspect. Credit the sounds of the units. Where are they...
Level 5
If this map is not your, then change the author. Also, we need proof that you have permission to upload it before anything else. Awaiting update until you adress those issues.
Is changing the author even possible? I don't think so becuase i couldn't find a way to do that. And it's not manadatory as I see here:

A valid author:
If the author's name is different from the uploader's name, please tell us if it's just another one of your usernames.
If you are simply uploading the map of another user to share it with people, without the author's permission, then the map will be rejected.

Last edited:
Level 5
Boi that terrain... it's so plain... and so squared. Maybe someone told you equal parts terrain works, but it does not. Please, fix that terrain...

I'm going to help him with the terrain in the up coming versions he's working on the next version right now and is going to improve it. But it must be squared so each player has a terrain like the other one. I mean the balance of terrain each player has an equal terrain.

Last edited:
Level 19
I'm going to help him with the terrain in the up coming versions he's working on the next version right now and is going to improve it. But it must be squared so each player has a terrain like the other one. I mean the balance of terrain each player has an equal terrain.

That doesn't mean you can't put stuff like a river, or a forest, or anything besides loose trees.
Then I guess I will check the gameplay. Though be warned that this terrain will severely lower your maps qualification.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The screenshots are too small to be seen.

The loading screen says voidcarrier. At least there's a void word there.
I suggest a detailed guide in the Quest Log which would have a decent visual aspect.
Credit the sounds of the units. Where are they from. Credit everything that's not from the original game. I dare guess they're from the Stronghold game/series?
The terrain needs work as @Paillan wrote. I understand space is needed for the armies to venture but the units are quite small so more doodads, terrain height and tile variation wouldn't hurt at all.
Running Boots' icon should look like a PASBTN. Use this program to turn it into one if you want: Button Manager v1.8.2
Same for Auto-Train so you'd not have to write "(Passive)". Same: Camouflage Cloak, Flexible Armour, Heavy Projectile, Charge, Proper Training.
Should Workshops train so many/quickly Rookies?
Spearmen have the same icon as Tunnelers.

Overall an interesting map that lacks presentation.
Set to Awaiting Update.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!