• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange Orb of Slow Effect Behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey everyone, I'm having a weird effect happening with the Orb of Slow ability, the one that has a percent chance to cast another ability. I set the ability chance to 25%, and it works every time I manually target an enemy, but it has never fired once when the unit auto acquires an enemy in it's range. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there any way to overcome it?

Level 6
Ah okay. Instead I'll just do something like 'unit attacks, condition its the unit I want, then do a random integer comparison etc.

Level 19
  • OrbDebug
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
unfortunately this will block the first attack but it's the easiest solution by far

however every good map needs a damage detection system so it would not be too hard to just add such a condition
as watermelon said "a unit is attacked" can be abused
for example every time an attack order is issued the event will trigger so you could spam it and have a much bigger chance to trigger the effect

Status
Not open for further replies.