• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb of Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
  • I hope not to use DDS or any other Triggers.
  • I know Orb of Slow only works with Unit/Point Target Abilities
My question is:
- Are ward summoning abilities (vision, trap, healing, serpent) Unit/Point Target Abilities? (I found it does not work with teh Orb of Slow ability)

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
If your ability targets a Point then it's a Point ability. If it has no target then it's an Immediate ability or sometimes known as Instant (although I like to reserve this name for abilities that ignore Cast Point/Backswing and don't interrupt other orders such as Berserk). If it targets a Unit then it's a Unit ability. Then some abilities are both Unit/Point.

I imagine Orb of Slow and other orb abilities like it will proc everything besides Point abilities. I doubt there's a solution to this outside of triggers.

I attached a map with a couple of triggers that allow you to create your own custom orb effects. It does use Damage detection although it's not a DDS. Also, you'll need to be on the latest version of Wc3 to open it.

Attachments

• Custom Orb Effect 1.w3m
    20.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.