• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell based off Orb of Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
HI. I'm trying to make a passive hero ability that gives the hero a chance to cast a short 0.5 second bladestorm each hit. So far I have made a spell based on the Orb of Slow ability, converted it into a hero ability and given it three levels. Each level has a chance to cast higher seperate versions of the bladestorm (which aren't hero abilities themselves).
Now here is the problem. The bladestorm never sets off. No matter how many times the hero hits something and even if I set the spell to 100% chance to cast, it just never works. (I know about the problem with orb of slow, where sometimes you have to order the unit to attack to make it work... but it isn't the case here. It just won't go off no matter what.)
So is it because bladestorm just doesn't work with orb of slow? Or is there something else wrong that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Level 16
I'm not sure what orb of slow has to do with it. I would create a random passive ability with no effect, called bladestorm or something.

Make a trigger looking something like this:

• Bladestorm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Bladestorm (Icon) for (Attacked unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Bladestorm (Icon) for (Attacked unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 4
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Bladestorm (Ability) to (Attacked unit)
              • Unit - Order (Attacked unit) to Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm
              • Wait 0.60 seconds
              • Unit - Remove Bladestorm (Ability) from (Attacked unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Bladestorm (Icon) for (Attacked unit)) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 8
                • Then - Actions
                  • Wait 0.60 seconds
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Bladestorm (Icon) for (Attacked unit)) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 12
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Wait 0.60 seconds
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing

You basically add the bladestorm ability to the hero and order the hero to cast it.

Level 4
I'm not sure what orb of slow has to do with it. I would create a random passive ability with no effect, called bladestorm or something.

Make a trigger looking something like this:

• Bladestorm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Bladestorm (Icon) for (Attacked unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Bladestorm (Ability) for (Attacked unit) to (Level of Bladestorm (Icon) for (Attacked unit))
      • Wait 0.60 seconds

He wants the unit having the ability to cast Bladestorm when it dealing damage.
Orb of Slow has a chance to cast a specific Unit/point target ability when dealing damage.

Don't use a channeling ability for Orb of Slow, I just try it and...

You basically add the bladestorm ability to the hero and order the hero to cast it.

Blah! I give to the hero the RUNE OF BLADESTORM.

Level 1

Thanks! The trigger works really well :D But since it's using the original bladestorm ability, the hero loses 200 mana each time the bladestorm strikes and I don't want to tamper with the original ability. Is there a way to make it use my custom bladestorms?

Orb of slow only works for Unit/Point Target ability.
Oh I never knew that... hehe thanks

Level 16
If you want to remove the manacost, you need to edit the manacost of the spell in the data editor. I don't see why you
dont want to modify the existing abilties. You can always make a copy of the bladestorm ability and modify that.

However, I'd look into the damage detection system. The trigger I posted has got a problem with it and can be abused.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-engine-v2-2-1-0-a-201016/

Level 4
Thanks! The trigger works really well :D But since it's using the original bladestorm ability, the hero loses 200 mana each time the bladestorm strikes and I don't want to tamper with the original ability. Is there a way to make it use my custom bladestorms?

If your trigger give your hero a RUNE OF BLADESTORM, your hero will cast bladestorm!

Status
Not open for further replies.