• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Slow (Orb version)" spell icon appears disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The only way is to import the non-disabled version of the icon as the path of the DISBTN. The slow orb ability always shows the disabled version of the spell, so with replacing that version with the proper icon you are circumventing this. I would recommend using another main path altogether, since you don't want to override a DISBTN of an icon you will use in other ways.

The only way is to import the non-disabled version of the icon as the path of the DISBTN. The slow orb ability always shows the disabled version of the spell, so with replacing that version with the proper icon you are circumventing this. I would recommend using another main path altogether, since you don't want to override a DISBTN of an icon you will use in other ways.
Yeah that's what i thought of doing but if i replace the DISBTN icon with the non-disabled version of the icon then i enter the menu or pause the game the DISBTN icon won't be displayed as disabled. Is there a solution for that?

Level 10
Unfortunally, i don't know any solution for that. This is the tradeoff as far as i know considering the slow orb ability. Also there are some other problems/bugs with this, e.g. that the spell will only trigger when the unit gets actively ordered to attack its target (so simple attacking through aggro won't trigger the spell effect ever).

Edit: There is a tutorial for that kind of ability, the problem i said above is discussed in a post on page 2 (and how to fix it):

Passive ability with a cooldown (attack-based)

Unfortunally, i don't know any solution for that. This is the tradeoff as far as i know considering the slow orb ability. Also there are some other problems/bugs with this, e.g. that the spell will only trigger when the unit gets actively ordered to attack its target (so simple attacking through aggro won't trigger the spell effect ever).

Edit: There is a tutorial for that kind of ability, the problem i said above is discussed in a post on page 2 (and how to fix it):

Passive ability with a cooldown (attack-based)
Wow i never knew about the aggro thing!! Damn! Thank You
Lord_Earthfire :)

Status
Not open for further replies.