• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DISBTN Icon Does not Have "Disabled" Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I have an icon that, despite the DISBTN path, does not have the grayed out/disable appearance. When units are silenced it really bothers me that the icons remain the same as the regular icons. The path appears to be correct, when the game is paused the icons are not green squares, they're just the normal icons. Do I have to do something else to the icon to make it show up as DISBTN instead of the regular icon(BTN)?

BTN Path:ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\(Filename here)

DISBTN Path:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\(Filename here)

Level 22
Just to add up, Grimex File Importer can also automatically do that for you (Though I haven't tried it yet)

Grimex Manual said:
When importing a whole directory, auto-convert will attempt to convert all files with a .jpg, .bmp, .tga or .mdl extension. If the conversion is successful the resulting file will be imported using the same path with only the extension changed to .blp or .mdx. Otherwise the original file is imported using its original path. You can explicitely overrule this attempt by keeping the same extension in the imported path, although it doesn't make much sense:

//! external FileImporter ..\MyMap\DiscoStu.mdl Models\DiscoStu.mdl

Finally there's a naming convention that will add icon borders to images with a certain prefix in the filename.

• infocard- attack/armor type icons
  • level-infocard- same but with levels (caster upgrade art)
  • CMD normal icon
  • PAS passive icon
  • AUT autocast icon
The icons in the following example will get a normal/autocast/passive icon border:

//! external FileImporter CMDBTNMyIcon.bmp MyIcon.blp AUTBTNOtherIcon.tga OtherIcon.blp PASBTNNewIcon.jpg NewIcon.blp

The imported path for icons doesn't matter, they will end up in ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMyIcon.blp, ReplaceableTextures\AutocastButtons\BTNOtherIcon.blpand ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\BTNNewIcon.blp and a disabled version will automatically be put in ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISIconName.blp. Now let's combine the prefixes to make use of a shared disabled icon:

//! external FileImporter AUTPASCMDSharedIcon.tga SharedIcon.blp

This will create a normal, a passive and an autocast version of the same icon and put the shared disabled version in ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISSharedIcon.blp.

Status
Not open for further replies.