• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Hide slow orb ability with spell book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hi,
for my equipment system I am trying to hide equipment abilities such as slow orb by using a disabled spell book.
Unfortunately, when adding the spell book and disabling it the orb ability appears with a disabled icon.
Therefore I've created a map with a spell book and the slow orb ability in it. When I added the spell book to a hero, the disabled icon of the slow orb ability appeared outside the spell book and not in the spell book.
What am I doing wrong here?

edit:
If this does simply not work with the slow orb ability it would be okay as long as there is another ability for items with a missile which increases the damage and let you disable its effect. The simple damage bonus abilities do not use any missile.

edit2:
Okay http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742 states that I cannot get rid of the icon except using a hidden channel ability as effect. So is there any other damage bonus ability which uses a missile and has NO effect? Otherwise I will have to add many channel based abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.