• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Icon Hide with Spell Book not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok so I've read the spell book tutorial on this page. I have made a skill called "Disarm" out of Channel, which adds a buff that is made out of Command Aura, and it reduces the attack damage of the targeted unit.

1. I have created the Spell Book ability for my custom ability called Spell Book (Disarm Target)
2. I have added the Disarm (Target) ability inside the spell book.
3. I have created the Spell Book disable trigger:
Disable Abilities
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Player - Disable Spell Book (Disarm Target) for (Picked player)

And the problem is: The icon is not hidden when I add the command aura ability to the targeted enemy unit. The icon is not hidden even if I add to a unit using object editor and start the map.

Level 20
Because you have to add the Disabled Spellbook which has the ability, not the ability. And you have to use an event for the trigger.

BTW, I'm not sure about this, but so far I think Channel skills are cast-able, not passives.

Level 2
Yeah the skill is casted, then it adds the command aura buff. And I got it working now, thanks for help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.