• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Book Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, im new to spell books and have a few questions about them.

1. Do i need to trigger spell abilitys that the player has choosen to level up, to remove the old level and add the new level.

2. Can spell books only use unit abilitys, or can you add hero aswell, i am having trouble with this.

3. Similar to number 1, if you are stuck using unit abilitys only can you not jus create a unit ability with multiple levels?

4. do i need to add the spell book to the unit as it is created, or cn you have it already on the unit when created like a defualt ability?

5. I understand i need to have minimumn/maximum spells set to 11 due to bugs etc, is this okay even if i only intend to use say 8 spells per hero?

many thanks

Level 21
Hi, im new to spell books and have a few questions about them.

1. Do i need to trigger spell abilitys that the player has choosen to level up, to remove the old level and add the new level.
Just use the "Increase level of ability" gui action on the ability inside the spellbook.

2. Can spell books only use unit abilitys, or can you add hero aswell, i am having trouble with this.
Only unit abilities. As they too can have levels, there isn't a whole world of difference between hero and unit abilities.

3. Similar to number 1, if you are stuck using unit abilitys only can you not jus create a unit ability with multiple levels?
Basically, yes, and you can level up through that action.

4. do i need to add the spell book to the unit as it is created, or cn you have it already on the unit when created like a defualt ability?
You can have the spellbook ability as a default ability

5. I understand i need to have minimumn/maximum spells set to 11 due to bugs etc, is this okay even if i only intend to use say 8 spells per hero?
Set both to 11, and you can do whatever you want.

Level 10
hey thanks for the help, i have had a play about and learnt a fair bit already, i suppose the only thing stopping me now, is the levelling up trigger. Could someone post a sample of triggering that allows me to level up an ability inside a spell book. i think i understand how it works, you have a dummy spell and when you level it up, you remove skill X level 1 and add skill X level 2 instead??

Level 10
a cunning plan lord sausage, i belive it has worked i now have the hero ability in the spell book, but i cannot level them up still :( or maybe its still classed as a unit ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.