• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] The very misterious Spell book (Rpg style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, so everyone I talk to has no idea how this works, i've discovered a simple leakless way to make theses books work, First off find the spell book Abilitys >> Special >> Items >> Spell Book.

Now make it a unit ability and make all your spells.
For each spell youll need another copy of the book
in each copy for the first put the first spell
then in the second put both the first and 2nd spell etc...

spellbooks.jpg

now add the level 1 or the first spell book for each character type to the character as an ability

now the part not many people know or understand

(The Trigger)

• Rogue book 1 to 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 5)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Spell Book (Rogue) from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Spell Book (Rogue (2)) to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
  • Rogue book 2 to 3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 10)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Spell Book (Rogue (2)) from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Spell Book (Rogue (3)) to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
ETC...

and if you make a save/load code and have it load into a region i would suggest this...

• Rogue Spell book Load
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Your Region <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5)
              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6)
              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 7)
              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 8)
              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 9)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Spell Book (Rogue (2)) to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
                • Conditions
                  • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 10)
                  • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 11)
                  • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 12)
                  • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 13)
                  • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 14)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Spell Book (Rogue (3)) to (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                    • Conditions
                      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 15)
                      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 16)
                      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 17)
                      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 18)
                      • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 19)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Spell Book (Rogue (4)) to (Triggering unit)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                        • Conditions
                          • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 20)
                          • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 21)
                          • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 22)
                          • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 23)
                          • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 24)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Spell Book (Rogue (5)) to (Triggering unit)
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                            • Conditions
                              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 25)
                              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 26)
                              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 27)
                              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 28)
                              • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |c000000FFRogue) and ((Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 29)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Add Spell Book (Rogue (6)) to (Triggering unit)
                        • Else - Actions
and you can continue theses triggers...

if you don't understand something or you need help just ask thank you :) :spell_breaker:

p.s.
If you would like to have upgrades just copy the spell, make the copy upgraded and in the book where u place the spells put the upgraded spell rather than the first spell and it'll use the new spell (upgraded) one.

Level 28
I'm terribly sorry to say it this harsh, but this isn't really a discovery...
  • Why make that much spell books? You can upgrade the level of the spell book as well (I've made a test-map for this, I made 2 spellbooks for each hero, in total that gave 24 upgradeable spells, though at level 1 you only had 2 spells).
  • Of course it is leakless... you use abilities and units, that's it.
  • The save/load (wtf?) is very inefficient and I wouldn't advice using that method.
  • You cannot add bought/found abilities to the spell-book this way.

I can't really say a lot of good things about it, sorry.

Level 8
I'm terribly sorry to say it this harsh, but this isn't really a discovery...
  • Why make that much spell books? You can upgrade the level of the spell book as well (I've made a test-map for this, I made 2 spellbooks for each hero, in total that gave 24 upgradeable spells, though at level 1 you only had 2 spells).
  • Of course it is leakless... you use abilities and units, that's it.
  • The save/load (wtf?) is very inefficient and I wouldn't advice using that method.
  • You cannot add bought/found abilities to the spell-book this way.

I can't really say a lot of good things about it, sorry.

Im just trying to give atleast a hint on how to do this i had to make it from scratch i couldn't find any help about it so i was clueless... k? but yeah i know its not the best but it is away

Level 28
Spell Books are very useful when used correctly, you are right that this isn't incorrect, but reviewers (like me) pay attention to the efficiency of triggers: efficient triggers are a sign of good mappers, inefficient triggers (often) represent newb-mappers.

All right, just keep going, try a few things out, mess with the world editor and just
The spell book is (together with channel) the best spell to mess with, but there are others that have nice effects (with negative values, for example).

I have did the same thing, but 'more advanced': I've customized about 100-130 abilities with negative values to see what would happen...
Then I triggered a few things to see how it would react, etc... I recommend doing the same.

(and I've done it with the gameplay constants, units and destructibles as well, but destructibles are boring ^^).

Level 8
bah.. whats the problem,.. its not his fault he didn't know there was already better ways of doing it...
Quit being so harsh.. Don'tyou all remember those good ol days when youhad no clue what leaks were and thought that every discovery you made was amazing... ahhh.. good times..

Level 28
bah.. whats the problem,.. its not his fault he didn't know there was already better ways of doing it...
Quit being so harsh.. Don'tyou all remember those good ol days when youhad no clue what leaks were and thought that every discovery you made was amazing... ahhh.. good times..

I'm not being harsh :sad:
Yeah... good times :D
The times you thought that every map you map you made was awesome, even though the triggering was inefficient and leaky... xD

Status
Not open for further replies.