• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Why isn't this working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making the Disarm spell that stops a targeted unit from attacking.
I used the channel spell for the unit and the silence spell for the dummy.
Why isn't this working?

Disarm Config
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Set Disarm_Dummy = Dummy
Set Disarm_Ability = Disarm
Set Disarm_DBuffAbil = Disarm (Dummy)

Disarm Cast
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Disarm_Ability
Actions
Set TempPointDisarm = (Position of (Targeted unit))
Unit - Create 1 Disarm_Dummy for Player 4 (Purple) at TempPointDisarm facing Default building facing degrees
Set TempDummyDisarm = (Last created unit)
Unit - Add Disarm_DBuffAbil to TempDummyDisarm
Unit - Set level of Disarm_DBuffAbil for TempDummyDisarm to (Level of Disarm_Ability for (Casting unit))
Unit - Order TempDummyDisarm to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence TempPointDisarm
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempDummy
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPointDisarm)

Level 12
Are you trying to make a disarm skill or silence skill?
If you want to make a disarm skill, that's not the way to do it.
You need to add the orc burrow's ability to the unit for it to become unable to attack. (Forgot its name.. it's 3 am.. can't think much now)
You also need to trigger the end of the disarm to allow the unit to attack again.
Otherwise, if you are going for silence - you don't need a dummy, you can just use the normal silence, or if you don't want it to have AoE - you can use the Firelord's skill.

Are you trying to make a disarm skill or silence skill?
If you want to make a disarm skill, that's not the way to do it.
You need to add the orc burrow's ability to the unit for it to become unable to attack. (Forgot its name.. it's 3 am.. can't think much now)
You also need to trigger the end of the disarm to allow the unit to attack again.
Otherwise, if you are going for silence - you don't need a dummy, you can just use the normal silence, or if you don't want it to have AoE - you can use the Firelord's skill.
Disarm meaning the unit is unable to attack.
I'm using silence to do that (instead of preventing enemies from casting spell i prevent them from attacking).
The problem is i want my spell (called Disarm) to target only 1 enemy not an AoE.
So, i'm using a spell that allows the caster to target only one unit and that spell creates a dummy that casts the modified silence spell on a AoE that contains the targeted enemy unit of the spell disarm.

Level 10
You could just base the ability off of storm bolt or some ability which targets a specific unit. And to prevent the targeted unit from attacking, you don't need a dummy unit, all you need is to add Cargo Hold to the targeted unit. To make it so it lasts a certain duration you'll need to add the targeted unit to a hashtable.

Level 20
Put it on ( small letters ) I cant read it.
Like the others mention, adding a cargo hold ability to unit will disable its attack totally.

You may need to trigger it base on how you will make it MUI in adding the ability and removing it after a short duration.

Edit: Lol it is trigger tags :p

Edit2: Alright, change the player 4 purple into owner of triggering unit, the expiration timer of the dummy refers to other unit. Change casting unit into triggering unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.