• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Orb Effect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'm experiencing a strange issue since patch 1.30 with orb effect based abilities.
I have an orb effect ability with 5 levels, that has a 20% chance to land an Acid Bomb based spell on the target, but at some levels instead of being a passive skill it turns into a clickable ability, any idea why this bug occurs?

Last edited:
Level 7
GIMLI_2 I just did a few tests and the levels do not seem to be the problem. For instance, if you have an Orb effect ability with 4 levels on your hero and your current ability level is 2 and YOUR HERO DIES, upon revive the Orb will be clickable(bugged), but once you level the ability to 3 it will again turn passive and again bug when you die.

Level 7
The problem is that this also happens with items that have both an orb effect and an active ability in them. Same scenario happens, when the hero dies instead of casting the active ability in the item, the item will give priority to the orb effect based ability whenever you use that item.

Level 7
This bug is really game breaking for me, because I have a good amount of orb effect based abilities and I planned to implement more. I just like this type of game mechanic and I really hope they fix this issue in the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.