• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Station 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
[Project] Station 12 (Third Person Shooter)

Station 12

Changlelog:
-----------------
  1. Thread Update (8/14/10)
-----------------

Station 12 is a mod which utilizes the starcraft 2 engine. A maximum of 5 players are supported, while solo play is also an option. Centered mainly around its stunning plot, Station 12's multiplayer-horror aspects are what drives gameplay, and what will keep you on your toes throughout each playthrough. -Station 12 Guide

(Gameplay takes place from a 3rd person perspective.)

Below is the Station 12 guide:
Page1.png

Page2.png

Page3.png

Page4.png

Attachments

• Station 12 Guide.jpg
    Station 12 Guide.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Level 13
Looks interesting.

Just wondering what perspective you'll use? Lifting the camera too high and making the lights too dark might become abit too annoying after a while.

Level 7
Looks interesting.

Just wondering what perspective you'll use? Lifting the camera too high and making the lights too dark might become abit too annoying after a while.

A Beta is due in a few days, so you'll get a great preview of what's to come. As for the perspective, you'll play in Third Person. Current Controls include WASD movement, left clicking for attacking, and scrolling to zoom in or out. For some reason I'm unable to take in-game screens, which is why they aren't up, but there is a health bar. Also, due to plot elaborations, the demo will take place at dusk. Expect beautiful enviornments- you won't be disappointed. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 10
Soooooo, what is it exactly?

Other than some photoshopping, you didn't really tell us much of anything, :grin:

Oh, and you called it a "mod".

With that word being a keyword in the Starcraft 2 universe, you might want to clarify, because then it begs the question of why you are showing off terrain for a Star2 Mod.

Just saying, :thumbs_up:

Level 7
Announcement: THIS THREAD IS TO BE CLOSED DUE TO A MAJOR CHANGE IN GAMEPLAY. THE NEW THREAD WILL BE ENTITLED [Project] Station 12 (TPS)

Last edited:
Level 7
I have never seem that thread, and is it even a TPS? I'm a bit busy right now, so sorry if I seem a bit irritated. Also, the main reason why it cannot stay on this thread is the title, which will not change for some odd reason.

Edit: Wow. There's a large amount of similarities there- I do see your point. Non-linear path there, semi-linear here, horror map, ect. You're right.

Double Edit: Ah, you're the creator of that map. Don't be blinded by irritation, I am in no way one of the frequent remakers of maps from wc3 in order to gain fame. This map was entirely of my own creation, and has no collation to yours (perhaps there are some similarities in gameplay, but otherwise none).

Also, it's easy to find similarities between games/maps. If you do wish to persue this "Issue," I'll send you a copy of the plot, as their is little else that I have to authenticate Station 12 other than my own thoughts.

Level 10
Don't worry about me being agitated, I was just pointing that fact out. I'm not going to be a jerk about it.
As for when/if you get a new thread, I will definitely watch this project unfold. Otherwise, I shall just continue watching this thread.

Level 7
Don't worry about me being agitated, I was just pointing that fact out. I'm not going to be a jerk about it.
As for when/if you get a new thread, I will definitely watch this project unfold. Otherwise, I shall just continue watching this thread.

Thanks for being cooperative. Sometimes these types of issues can get heated, but it looks like we resolved it relatively quickly. :thumbs_up:

Anyway, current design isn't exactly very fun, so I'm transitioning it to a zombie survival map inspired by Nazi Zombies (so original, right?). Might be a while before I get a beta out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.